Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cheltenham Going

Posted

The ground at Cheltenham will affect many a trainers,owners and punters fortune's during the festival 12-15th March. As for me It will be crucial for my Ante-post bets which I will be putting on over the next four to five days. Horses can show a marked improvement if the ground is right on the day for them.

12th March Soft-Heavy in Places

13th March Soft

14th March Good to Soft

15th March Soft

Let me know your thoughts

Quote from William Hill Bookmakers

The firm still make good to soft the favourite in their market, with a mainly mild week anticipated in Gloucester.

However, they have been forced to cut the odds of soft going predominating to 13-8 (from an initial 11-4), due to popular demand.

"The going at the Festival hasn't been heavy for almost two decades, but that hasn't stopped punters quite literally pouring their money onto the ground being softer than good on the opening day," explained spokesman Tony Kenny.

"The ground is crucial to the plans of many of the leading contenders at the Festival.

"And with soft ground now a possibility, we expect to see a lot more money for horses that enjoy any ease in the ground."

Official going on the first day of the Festival

Willim hills odds: 4-5 Good To Soft, 13-8 Soft, 6-1 Heavy, 10-1 Good, 200-1 Good To Firm.