• Above average
    • Much above average
    • Mildest march on record
  2. 2. Do you think there will be a notible snowfall in March in the Uk

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't a clue

Posted

Impressive stat that one is Kevin because we had some decent maxes, though it has to be said the very warm stuff often was limited to the SE quater of the country. Says a lot though for the mins, it was that which truely managed to keep the CEt below say 2C above average.

Ver yimpressive sunshine figures as well, not suprising given the flows we've had have either involved high pressure, SE winds or northerlies all of which tend to have not a lot of moisture.

Posted
Impressive stat that one is Kevin because we had some decent maxes, though it has to be said the very warm stuff often was limited to the SE quater of the country. Says a lot though for the mins, it was that which truely managed to keep the CEt below say 2C above average.

Not sure I understand, maxima 1.4 above average so minima would have needed to be 2.6 above average to get a month at 2 degrees above Kold - that was never ever going to happen under HP domination in early spring, and maxima might not have been so high in a different set-up.

Talk of 2 degrees above average is total pie in the sky I am afraid, cannot understand where you get it from - what kept it les than 2 above average was that it wasn't that warm and never looked like being that warm - the CET was never anywhere near high enough

Posted

Your right SM about the mins now I've had a good look at the figures.

Not that I actually care mind you, I was only 0.2C out according to Mr.Eden's figures and maybe only 0.1C out if the Met-office figures come out 0.1C above like they have been doing so far this month, a little better then the Dec 06 attempt that was over 1.5C out I believe!

I'd describe it as quite a classic European type of set-up, warm days with quite coolnights, even though looking at the stats actually the nights weren't that 'cold' overall, pretty much bang on average.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
Your right SM about the mins now I've had a good look at the figures.

Not that I actually care mind you, I was only 0.2C out according to Mr.Eden's figures and maybe only 0.1C out if the Met-office figures come out 0.1C above like they have been doing so far this month, a little better then the Dec 06 attempt that was over 1.5C out I believe!

I'd describe it as quite a classic European type of set-up, warm days with quite coolnights, even though looking at the stats actually the nights weren't that 'cold' overall, pretty much bang on average.

No, not that cold really, although perhaps an interesting diversion from he excessive minima that delivered the record Autumn.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
I'll update the scores as and when the UMO CET figure comes in, which should be early the coming week.

I thought we used Manley for the CET competition????

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No ones put it down on the spreadsheets. Oops ruler across tha hand and see me after school. :):)

Edited by The PIT

As Suggested by recent comments, I've updated the figures from the Manley CET from Philip Eden's excellent site.

March 2007

A 3 way tie for BLAST FROM THE PAST, Megamoonflake and Stargazer who each correctly predicted the March CET at 7.1c.

Under the rules of the competition, anyone who misses 3 or more entries is not eligible for an prizes, and the list below only includes those are still in the main competition.

The Spreadsheet below lists all of the above data, plus all previous months scores, with the list of all scores in the All Scores Workbook, and the Current Competition in the Competition Workbook.

Notable movers this month include :-

Timmy H leading after being in 10th last month, Stargazer up to 2nd from 24th, and Megamoonflake in 4th from 29th.

VillagePlank has fallen from 3rd to 16th, Stephen Prudence from 1st to 19th, West Is Best from 5th to 20th, Jimmyay from 2nd to 24th and The Calm Before The Storm from 4th to 40th.

Posted

Looks like my wild punt (sorry, carefully crafted prediction) got lucky (sorry, was spot on) :shok: . One small point...think I'm actually just in the lead according to the spreadsheet (for some reason it positions 2nd place above 1st). No doubt my prediction for April will be miles out and my moment of glory will be short lived...Anyway, thanks for all the effort in producing an excellent competition!

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Thanks for all the effort J. one! makes things a lot easier to see and keep track of (I can see the 'bottom' so I'll know where to look for my efforts!)

Posted
Notable movers this month include :-

VillagePlank has fallen from 3rd to 16th

Bugger! Even worse is the late points I'll incur next month. Still, it's a good job I'm a genius, still 8 months to catch up and be crowned king of all cet-ers :)

Excellent work, as always, by the compilation masters :)

I have updated the scores to include parmenides3.

Spreadsheet update.

Overall Score List

Parmenides3 is in 28th place overall.

This does mean slight positional changes with Stargazer now leading with Timmy H in 2nd as an example.

Posted

I think we were using Philip Eden's numbers. As the recent update of the Hadley value shows, if nothing else once Philip's value is in, it's in. It's also in first. It's very doubtful that the use of Hadley would lead to material changes in rankings over the course of a year.

Well done jack-o: very neat and tidy.

Edited by Stratos Ferric

I think we were using Philip Eden's numbers. As the recent update of the Hadley value shows, if nothing else once Philip's value is in, it's in. It's also in first. It's very doubtful that the use of Hadley would lead to material changes in rankings over the course of a year.

Well done jack-o: very neat and tidy.

I also think that today's amendments in the Figures from the Met Office CET make the use of Philip Eden's Manley figures the ones to use.

• 1 month later...
Posted

Could a moderator move this thread to the archive section please????