Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
The kids are very excited and wont go to bed, they are lamp post watching, (trained em well!!) best of it is we have 1cm of snow....ah bless em

Lucky you! We haven't got to a cm yet :)

I hope the snow stays til the morning so your kids get to play in it. Mine might get a snowball out of it:)

Posted

I fear many people who saw lots of snow today will be suffering from a new recently discovered psychological disorder. Post traumatic snow melt depression or PTSMD for short! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well just got back from a drive up to the moors and it is severe, visibilty was down to 40m and there was a good 5 inches of snow there, it just happened that we went up when the heaviest precip hit us and when we got back down to our house there was a nice covering of 4cm.

Posted

Well, the heavy snow has arrived in Rotherham and I have to concur with DS regarding the Sheffield conditions. I have just done a journey from Dore across the ring road, and seen numerous places where cars have skidded off, watched a car skid continuouslu up a hill, had a few myself which I was confidently able to control.

By the way, there is one gritter out on the ring road so half of it was okay, the half I was driving on was pretty bad though.

Awesome stuff. At long last, the snow is falling intensely and over a long period of time. It is even intense in Brinsworth, the worst place in South Yorkshire for snow. :)

Edited by Krasnoyarsk Yenesei

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I fear many people who saw lots of snow today will be suffering from a new recently discovered psychological disorder. Post traumatic snow melt depression or PTSMD for short! :)

yep ive got that alright!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Still coming down, bigger flakes now, tracks on the lane from where I came back an hour ago have already disappeared. Looking at the radar it probably wont last much longer.

Looking at the radar the second front appears to be coming in pretty fast - whilst it seems generally accepted that this will be rain further south, would anyone have an idea what can be expected from it when it gets here ?

Posted
Hi Cloud10,

It's not really settling too well here, only where snow already lies and a wet dusting on the roads.

Could be a heavier spell of snow heading our way accroding to the 20:20 NW radar.

Any idea what your altitude is? I think i'm in one of the lower parts of Stanley at about 195m.

According to google earth i am 715ft asl.for catchgate,stanley.

Still steady snow here,not sleety at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
The rain has just turned to wet snow and sleet

just north of Newcastle temp 2c

Thats good, just need some of that heavier stuff to get up here and it could settle at lower levels.

Up here I think it's gradually turning more to proper snow but still pretty light.

Posted

:) so thats what i have got

it is great to see, but when it goes so quick :)

Edited by Andy H

Posted
Thats good, just need some of that heavier stuff to get up here and it could settle at lower levels.

Up here I think it's gradually turning more to proper snow but still pretty light.

Aye there is some heavier stuff around the boro area

then even heavier around York so it moving in now MCT

Posted
Aye there is some heavier stuff around the boro area

then even heavier around York so it moving in now MCT

Where did you here that about York, as it is just raining here where Iam.