Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Latest radar is showing a band of Heavy looking precip approaching the uk from the SW.

Whats the story with that band, is it ikely to be of snow anywhere or has the current band already introduced the milder air :D:)

If the next lot carrys on moving N/E from the SW then it will arrive in the hours of darkness so atleast the temps would have dropped of a few degress. :)

Regards.

That band should bring a few inches to many places tonight. No milder air here, temperature is 0.8c and dropping.

Edited by Magpie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Well its now just cloudy here, but around lunchime it was really snowy, here's two pics taken on mobile (as you can tell as it looks like we had heavy confetti in pic 2 :D )

post-1065-1171040238_thumb.jpg post-1065-1171040268_thumb.jpg

Edited by button-wales

Posted

From what ive seen i thought if anything temps in the south are on the rise despite the sun having gone down, so i wouldnt think this would make much difference

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
That band should bring a few inches to many places tonight. No milder air here, temperature is 0.8c and dropping.

I would be surprised (and I'd love to be) to see that area approaching SW UK to bring snow tonight. The upper air temps will be too high, even if the ground temps are low.

Posted
Well its now just cloudy here, but around lunchime it was really snowy, here's two pics taken on mobile (as you can tell as it looks like we had heavy confetti in pic 2 :) )

post-1065-1171040238_thumb.jpg post-1065-1171040268_thumb.jpg

The irony of there being palm trees in them pictures.

still LIGHT DRIZZLE in Lincoln. hardly drying up :D

Posted

don' think so mate, above 500ft should have 5-10cm before it stops

Posted
Next system hot on the heels, approaching South West England. Some of this precip is fairly heavy.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Does anyone know if this is likely to fall as snow or rain for South Wales? Its still bitterly cold here!

Posted

the second band will be rain 100% except highlands. this 1 is touch and go. its snow here but the snow is so wet its actually helping to melt the snow cover we had

Posted
From what ive seen i thought if anything temps in the south are on the rise despite the sun having gone down, so i wouldnt think this would make much difference

Yes they are, been watching them rise over the past few hours and we are now at +4.5 deg here in N London :(

But good to see others getting some snow!!!

post-631-1171040953_thumb.jpg

We are hanging on to ours (just) Taken at 16:00 today