Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted

moderate snowfall here to, i expect probably will add upto 1 cm more before being done and dusted for the evening, hoping for some very low temps there after, and a low going somewhat further south on saturday :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
where's that Baddesley ensor?? how much did you get up there as you are quite high up there?

Yes - we are up on Baddesley. We have about 7/8cm in all :clap:

Posted

yay!!!! the snow must be pepping up around here as the road out side has got covered again and it's rush hour and a main road!!!!!!!!!!! sta70606sn5.jpg

Posted
Don't worry about us Brian, we've still got weeks and weeks to get some heavy snow (or more heavy snow since we had some a fortnight ago). It was only last year when some regions up this way were absolutely pasted as late as the 11th/12th March. I'm lucky that I know we can get thick snow as late as early May. We'll be fine :clap:

Your concern has been noted :)

CMD - Cheers - I plagerised your reply trying to unramp my kids !

Saturday night into Sunday morning though .... .... ? (although I'm remaining quiet this time)

Posted

We have had about 2mm of snow today, nice for the south to get some but next time can we have an inch or two?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not tempting fate but the Snow has increased here despite the Radar showing the opposite.

Posted

this bit of moderate/heavy snow is moving south east now!!!! it's doing a merry dance over the midlands!!! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
Snowing REALLY hard here now!

Yes indeed,just 6 miles from you. I reckon its given another cm or so in the last hr.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted
yay!!!! the snow must be pepping up around here as the road out side has got covered again and it's rush hour and a main road!!!!!!!!!!! sta70606sn5.jpg

Same as round here although this is pretty much the last of it when this has gone, which i suspect will be in 30-40mins time, has been a very good day tho, let me know when it stops snowing where you are :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
Yes indeed,just 6 miles from you. I reckon its given another cm or so in the last hr.

Definitely. In fact the roads are covered again now and it filled in lots of the gaps in the garden from when the kids built their snowman! Actually seems to be slowing again now and then that will be out lot I guess.

I'm guessing it will freeze and give another fun morning!

Posted

Well congratulations to all those that have had some snow today, quite a few of you by the looks of it. Only a few snow flurries off and on here today. Nothing that stuck. Not sure what Saturday will bring, but hopefully people who have missed out today, will get to see some of the white stuff at the weekend :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Not tempting fate but the Snow has increased here despite the Radar showing the opposite.

same here Down in Dronfield its started settling on the roads now and has got a fair bit heavier compared to earlier.

Posted
Hi LP - Slow thaw here today is probably caused by the wind picking up. This brings more of a sea influence (current SST's) around 7/8°. Blows away the colder air and it is replaced by slightly higher temperatures. The further inland you travel, the colder it should become as the sea influence becomes less. Snow grain/Snow showers in Altens this morning (80m) was rplaced by a rain shower at lunch time today. Definitely 'rain' temperatures out there at the moment I'm afraid!

Yes, I noticed the wind picking up. Such is life! It is supposed to get a bit colder again before this cold spell is over so we may see a wee bit more snow before next week. I'm at 18m, right in the city center - top end of Union St. For the past few days there has been enough decent sunshine to get the solar lights in the garden charged.

Posted

A very enjoyable day here. Snow only started at 8am so I saw the whole lot. Continued throughout the day to leave 5 inches at it's peak.Turned sleety between 3-4.30pm before returning back to snow. Down to around 3 inches now with less on frequently used pavements.. but the snow is coming down again in moderate bursts, and sticking. :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Is everyone getting heavier snow now except me? we still have snizzle. :clap::)

Edited by James M

Posted

back edge of the snow to the east of here not moved at all in the last 5-10mins :D anyone near here still getting snow?

Posted

Well so far this gets a 1/10 from me as up here we had about 30 mins of snow grains and thats it, even in the city which normally does quite well it snowed all day but still ended up with bugger all except a fleeting covering and then it even rained as I was leaving the school just before 3pm this afternoon.

Still at least we saw some which is more than some did and there's still time for more :D keep your fingers crossed people.

Posted
back edge of the snow to the east of here not moved at all in the last 5-10mins :D anyone near here still getting snow?

yes it's still snowing here but lightening off. the next thing i hope happens, now the snow is practically done, is that the clouds break and let the frost really get to work!!! lets see who gets the coldest here abouts?? i'm going for -4'c with cloud and -12'c with a good clear period!!! LET THE TEMPERATURE BATTLE COMMENCE!!!! :D

Posted
Is everyone getting heavier snow now except me? we still have snizzle. :D:D

yeah shnizzle here, rrrrubbish eh?!