Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted
Roads in Swindon aren't too bad, mostly slush with snow on the grass.Roads seem to be well gritted.I'd guess the motorway will be fine too.Rain is beginning to take over now so conditions should continue to improve.

Many Thanks, hoping the weather doesn't close in too much so I can make it up there!

Posted

moderately heavy snow all morning... Replacing what had melted away yesterday . I'd say it's about 15 -20cm level after a max of 22cm yesterday. Drifts in the paddock may be 40cm.

Currently 0.6C with a DP of -0.7C

Posted
Don't panic. it starts as light sleet initially and then turns to snow as it becomes heavier. Temperature dropped by 0.2 to 1.0C. Moderate snowfalling on my decent covering from yestreday :wallbash:

Obviously, urban-heat islannds and other factors may come into play.

It needs to turn to snow as the sleet is moderate and everythings melting quite rapidly

Posted
Many Thanks, hoping the weather doesn't close in too much so I can make it up there!

I think you'll be fine, just take it easy as there are a fair few idiots on the road.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

What the hell happenned?? I went off to bed at 4am after playing about with a damaged computer for 6hrs, thinking it was going to rain today. Woke about 20mins ago to fins really heavy snow coming down and settling everywhere / fillinf in the melted spots :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Nothing here yet- radar shows light precip but think its picking up on the murky, foggy conditions.

Someone kick that front up this way! We missed out yesterday!

Posted
does anyone know if us mere mortals in manchester may see some of the white stuff?

It's with us at the minute, on its way to you and it's raining here so a lot may well rest on how high up you are.

Posted

Updtate: It really is getting bad here in the Swansea Valley. It must be even worse in Merthyr and Rhondda.

3 - 4 inches has fallen here and still coming down thick and fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Very very bad here. Very heavy snow, 3 inches have now fallen. Just looked at the A470 and it's closed in one lane in both ways, so just 2 lanes now instead of 4. And I could run faster than the traffic. Many shops and workplaces are closed and people are abandonning cars in the town car park and walking home because they are stranded!

I'll get some pics.

Bet my Auntie, Uncle and their kids are loving it in Aberdare! In the valleys man! :wallbash:

Posted

Sleet just turning to snow here in Coalville now. Hopefully it will get heavier and turn the thaw around. Still 5 cm lying on untreated surfaces though. http://www.photoweather.com/aws/cam/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
It needs to turn to snow as the sleet is moderate and everythings melting quite rapidly

It should turn to snow in your area soon. Not too far from me.

Posted
What the hell happenned?? I went off to bed at 4am after playing about with a damaged computer for 6hrs, thinking it was going to rain today. Woke about 20mins ago to fins really heavy snow coming down and settling everywhere / fillinf in the melted spots :wallbash:

How far are you from reading?? Meant to be travelling there tomorow for the Reading v Mighty Villa!! I hope its not too bad there.

But what im experiencing here means that i might not make it anyway, its that heavy, 4.5 inches now and growing very quickly!!

Posted

link not working sam, precip here isnt sure what it wants to fall as, i definately think we could do with a heavy spell of snow to cool the air down a little