Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 10

Posted

Right carry on here. a real messy picture over the next 12hrs though, rain in parts, snow still falling in others, frost in the north, ice in the south and in clear spots quite possibly freezing fog, any rain may make a horrible slushing mess in the south which may well freeze back up again to give quite a dangerous ice set-up and with fog as wlel present could be just as tricky rush hour tommorow.

Posted

What next... The front reintensifys unexpectably and gives us all another few inches of snow??, still moderate snow here :cc_confused:

Posted

I can confirm to MultiCellular Thunderstorm that the clouds on the radar are overhead. They're not producing anything, though - no rain, no sleet, and certainly no snow. If I see a second snowflake today I'll report it in the snow thread. Perhaps take a photo of it to keep as a cherished memory?

Posted

Watching the local beeb forecast earlier they did forecast a fair amount of snow for us on Saturday, which I was a little suprised at, seeing as it's only Thurs. I'm not completely convinced though, I have to say, but we'll see. The snow is still falling and we've got around 2cms on the ground now, and can't see it disappearing before nightfall. Quite a relief the kids are off tomorrow anyway as I wouldn't like to be doing the school run in the morning, and at 7mths pregnant don't particularly want to be falling flat on my backside on the ice!

Blizzards, look here http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wisi; or look at the N-W forecast for your area, look at the met office, the BBC or even met check, but for the love of god stop asking the same question repeatedly.

Thanks awfully.

Sorry but just had to say I had coffee coming out of my nostrils reading that!!! :cc_confused:

I'll go now........

Edited by Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sky is going black here and as soon bits of black clouds are on us it snows straight away! Magic!

About -0c here!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A fair cluster of showers out in the North Sea that look set to hit Tyne & Wear, may well fall as wet snow, especially inland, with temperatures dropping off quite nicely (it has got below 3C here on the coast, I can only assume the winds have dropped off)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well after a rather Pathetic attempt at Frontal Snow it's now a good time to do lamp post watching. Snowing very lightly. You can't see it on my web cam but the grass has got a little whiter. At this rate though it'll take two days none stop to make half a centimeter.

If it was Xmas it could make a good photo thats if it continues.

Overall marks 1/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Well after a rather Pathetic attempt at Frontal Snow it's now a good time to do lamp post watching. Snowing very lightly. You can't see it on my web cam but the grass has got a little whiter. At this rate though it'll take two days none stop to make half a centimeter.

Overall marks 1/10.

It's crap here in Dronfield aswell its very light and only giving a dusting so much for the heavy snow

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

1.6c here with damp but snowless ground. If it clears shall expect a lot of ice around.

Posted

Overall marks 1/10.

I thought sheffield had quite a good snowfall my grandma who lives in fulwood has got about 2 inches.

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just posted in the snow reports that up in the Derbyshire Peak District it was -2C this afternoon with light snow falling onto a frozen 10cm of snow (drifts up to 30cm). Not sure if some of this was already there before todays event though.

As for Saturday - would be really nice if there was another dumping of snow. Robert, if you ae there, could you tell me if you are still holding onto your prediction of snow on the 10th?

Posted
A fair cluster of showers out in the North Sea that look set to hit Tyne & Wear, may well fall as wet snow, especially inland, with temperatures dropping off quite nicely (it has got below 3C here on the coast, I can only assume the winds have dropped off)

We have a light covering here with showers coming in off the North Sea since 4pm. We've had a mixture of pellets and snow. There was a light covering last night too and although it all melted in the city centre, up where I live there has still been patches that have stayed all day with a fresh fall now on top of it. Temp 2c with dew point 1c.

Edited by Sawel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I said in the last thread I thought it would only hit south Durham and Teesside but looking at the lastest update it seems to be heading for Durham and Tyne and Wear.

Only showing as rain now but surely it will turn to snow a few miles inland, temp here is 0.9°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
According to the latest observations on the BBC site is is raining at Buxton ... can anyone verify this? I am only a few miles away and it is snowing here. How do the BBC make their observations?!

I doubt its raining. I was there about an hour and a half ago and it was snowing and at just -2C. Can't see temperature rising as it turns dark. Plus Buxton is at about 1000ft asl so its even less likely.

Posted

I was lookign at those just wondering they'll move south behind the Front. Probbably get more Snow from them if anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Well after a slow start this morning things really got moving from mid-morning onwards, light snow was replaced by moderate to heavy snow from 11'o/clock onwards, almost 12 hours of snow!!!! Total of about 12cm level snow :clap:

Posted
According to the latest observations on the BBC site is is raining at Buxton ... can anyone verify this? I am only a few miles away and it is snowing here. How do the BBC make their observations?!

Err no it'll be Snowing since it's Snowing here. Perhaps they've got a spotty unexperianced work experiance lad doing the observations who can't tell the differance between fine Snow and rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
I thought sheffield had quite a good snowfall my grandma who lives in fulwood has got about 2 inches.

We usually do but for some reason this winter has been the worst since i was born 20 years ago i have never seen such a bad winter we have had a few centimeters all winter.

I am more used to 10cm+ falls not 1cm+ like london its shocking :clap:

Posted
Err no it'll be Snowing since it's Snowing here. Perhaps they've got a spotty unexperianced work experiance lad doing the observations who can't tell the differance between fine Snow and rain.

this is what I thought as I am only down the road!