Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 9

shuggee

Posted

Rain now fallin in west country temp rise to 4 c within about half hr.Game over me thinks.Now my thoughts go to hopefully cold returning or is that it for this winter lol

Posted
Some more fab pictures wellington boot - thats possibly the largest snow man I've ever seen!!

btw - which college is it?

Mispy

Trinity. We do well in summer and winterm because we're right in the middle of the town, but we have very large grounds. The lawns, as you can probably see, are extensive. Pimms, croquet, sunbathing in summer, snowmen and snowball fights winter

Posted
Thankyou Robert,

How much snow did you get in the end!

At the moment 3 to 4 cm! coming down still but very slight B)

Robert

Posted

Interesting band of ppn in the midlands at the mo (around Tamworth way). There was quite a large 'clump' of ppn heading n/e, but as its hit Brummy, it started to die away.

However, as mentioned above, this now seems to have turned into a band of showers, and perhaps pepping up a little.

Have to say the Net-Wx 5 minute radar has been pretty much spot on. Currently no showers on the radar for here (we're in between light ppn to the north, and the band at Tamworth to the south)...needless to say, for the first time since 06.30, it stoppepd snowing.

Could be interesting if the intensity keeps up, of better still, intensifies.

Posted
Cold and dry in Belfast.

Still waiting for the Snow/Sleet/Rain that should have been here at 5 am. B)

I'm Sorry to hear that ,

I feel sorry for those who have missed out,

I wish it had been more evenly and fairly distributed, it's really frustrating

for some, like you and January Snowstorm.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Loads of heavy showers pushing their way in now hail and thunder for me today :D better than snow B)

lol kaz x

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Ah well another pathetic attempt at Frontal Snow. I did say it would be a non event earlier on so I can't complain really but you just feel like it.

I guess someone will have managed to make 1mm into 6 inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Rapid thaw setting in now making in roads into the 5-6cm we ended up with, just hope the snow man can make it to dusk, lol

for those that have snow get out and enjoy it now and think about those unlucky ones who got nothing!

Posted
Snow stopped now and a light thaw :D

Wheres this 10-15cm we were forcasted. We've managed about an inch which is not enough to take the kids out for the sledging session i promised them.

And what about the forecast for this to go until 9pm. Its only midday and over!!!!

I know how you feel, quite alot of the 0.5cm covering has gone, starting to lightly snow but small flakes and not setlling B)

Posted

Taken about 3 minutes ago.

Has snowed here continuously since it started at 5.30am this morning. Temperature is 0.3C, so the snow is only sticking to the lying snow, not where some killjoy has cleared it.

post-503-1170936892_thumb.jpg

Posted

Funnily enough Crimsone I said the same thing last night, this event is joint 1st for the excitment i had as it was going on and yep hurricane Wilna's burst was joint 1st, shows how sad we are i suppose!

Brian, would love for you to get lot sof snow you deserve more then most on this forum.

Quite bright here right now as expected given the front is now both decaying and also to my north, so i'm now in the milder air tohugh to be honest it doesn't feel all that mild *however* thaw is going on right now it does appear, should cause for a slippery morning tommorow because all that melt snow will re-freeze tonight. Furthe rinland probably won't have this problem, however I'm only 2 miles from the thames and about 20 miles away from the north-sea if you head due east so snow always has a harder time sticking in this reigion, inland and i'm sure it'll stay inland as well.

Front has really fallen apart over the last hour or so, expect this to continue and in the south the snow turning to sleet and rain as it weakens, remaining snowfalls occuring in Midlands will weaken with most ppt. now in the weak category tohugh still a small amont of mod.snow about.

pit, oh I dont know, I'd say widespread 2-5 inches of snow isn't exactly a non-event, may have been for you location mind you.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
Ah well another pathetic attempt at Frontal Snow. I did say it would be a non event earlier on so I can't complain really but you just feel like it.

I guess someone will have managed to make 1mm into 6 inches

On the contrary matey, im afraid we really did have many inches. Check out my pics for proof, which i am shamelessly advertising, because i quite like them...

http://www.putfile.com/wellingtonboot/images

Posted

snowing again here moderately, more than I thought it would looking at the radar, still no real kind of accumulation though but fingers crossed. congrats to everyone who has a decent amount of snow, just when they thought it was all over......

Bless theyre really sweet prof

Edited by Rich44

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

The front looks to be very weak now, though there are heavier birsts embeeded and i should be looking at snow until the evening.

I am slightly worried that the air temperature could let me down in the next few hours, my dew point is -3C, but the air temperature is +1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
On the contrary matey, im afraid we really did have many inches. Check out my pics for proof, which i am shamelessly advertising, because i quite like them...

http://www.putfile.com/wellingtonboot/images

Yes but we ain't in Oxford. I said earlier today and late Yesterday Sheffield wouldn't get much and we haven't. Even the damn sun is trying to come out now.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
Brian, would love for you to get lot sof snow you deserve more then most on this forum.

Thanks K.W.

I am very glad that you got a decent amount, as I know how much you have

been anticipating this spell.

By the way good work with your forecasting yesterday. things turned out pretty much

as you suggested they would.

Good work!

Brian B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Seems to have stalled. Heavy snow continuing after signs of it all ending a short while ago. B) Average covering of 12 cm level snow ! :D

Posted

By the way, the most incredible thing, from my point of view in oxfordshire (southern midlands if that means more to others), is that the saturday event could affect us in this area again. It almost looks like a carbon copy of the event today now:

Temp charts because of lying snow:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn2417.png

down towards -8.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn3617.png

temps friday afternoon not getting much above 1C.

And at 6z saturday:

temps: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn4817.png

ppn: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn484.png

and 12z saturday:

temps: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn5417.png

ppn: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn544.png

And at 18z its not much changed. Still, this snow we have now looks like sticking around for a while, so the northerners can have their share this time around. But if that did do the same as today system did, and they look very similar, the southern midlands and co. could end up paralysed.