Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 9

shuggee

Posted
Stopped snowing here now, it never got very heavy and now because it was only a slight covering its melting on the paths and roads. :drinks:

thats already happend here in doncaster, i think we might get something heavier early afternoon, lets hope :drinks:

Posted
never thought i woul ask this question ... how many inches have you got??

its cant be too far away otherwise it'll all be melted!! The train is at 1230pm ...

Come to oxford. Its closer for you. Check out my pics for snow depth. The most accurate for showing the depth are the footprints and build ups on walls. And the rest are magical.... though i say so myself...

http://www.putfile.com/wellingtonboot/images

Edited by wellington boot

Posted
Stopped snowing here now, it never got very heavy and now because it was only a slight covering its melting on the paths and roads. :drinks:

Yeah it has stopped for me now, I haven,t even got a covering! :drinks:

Posted
never thought i woul ask this question ... how many inches have you got??

its cant be too far away otherwise it'll all be melted!! The train is at 1230pm ...

Just over 5 inches. On average about 13cm. Don't know what its like elsewhere in the county, i'm only speaking for the eastern part really, though I suspect looking at Wellington Boot's pictures from Oxford, the west and south of the county must have got about the same, maybes a little less, maybes a little more.

Posted
Ok a bunch more photos to give some idea of how snowy it is in oxford:

http://www.putfile.com/wellingtonboot/images

It should be possible to enlarge them. temps are -0.6C now, with very fine but steady ppn falling

And i am still on course at the end of today to have slept 5 hours out the last possible 60.

Some more fab pictures wellington boot - thats possibly the largest snow man I've ever seen!!

btw - which college is it?

Mispy

Posted

[The snow is so close to here!!

I reckon its still going to take a while to get here even though its within touching distance!

attachment=32065:hiradarzoom2.png]

post-26-1170935724_thumb.png

Posted
Yeah it has stopped for me now, I haven,t even got a covering! :drinks:

Well I didn't even see a flake. :drinks:

It was a big letdown in Ireland esp for Dublin who were poised for a lot last night

Posted
Just over 5 inches. On average about 13cm. Don't know what its like elsewhere in the county, i'm only speaking for the eastern part really, though I suspect looking at Wellington Boot's pictures from Oxford, the west and south of the county must have got about the same, maybes a little less, maybes a little more.

Right Oxford it is. this could be the most stupidest thing ive ever done! The trains better not stop running LOL.And the shops better be open for a cup of coffee!!

Posted

I've had about the same Mackerel, I had 2 hours sleep last night and not much more on the tuesday, i'm pretty tierd, its only the rpospect of snow thats has kept me going, amazing how far you'll go for snow!

light sleet here still and much brighter as well which is a clear signal that the back-edg eof the front has ineed passed thorugh with the little increase in precip the last gasp for it so to speak. I now expect a slow thaw to occur but i suspect in sheltered places the snow will remain and also will rapidly re-freeze quite easily tonight and so we'll probably see widespread ice problems.

Posted

Just remind me how far out you predicted this Robert? (well, IIRC you said the 10th but we are close!! And the event isn't over yet!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Technically Cleadon is getting the "best" weather in the country at the moment, with showers passing away to the north and south, dry cloudy nothingness here, and a temp of (wait for it) 4.8C. Benign boring nothingness; by contrast it hasn't got above 2C at Newton Aycliffe.

Posted

B) -->

QUOTE(Ross B @ 8 Feb 2007, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[The snow is so close to here!!

I reckon its still going to take a while to get here even though its within touching distance!

attachment=32065:hiradarzoom2.png]

Lots of showers coming in off the north sea, and some bands slipping up from the south, if we're really lucky they could converge over Glasgow. If not I'm going to my parents tomorrow, then I'll get my snow fix.

Posted
I've had about the same Mackerel, I had 2 hours sleep last night and not much more on the tuesday, i'm pretty tierd, its only the rpospect of snow thats has kept me going, amazing how far you'll go for snow!

light sleet here still and much brighter as well which is a clear signal that the back-edg eof the front has ineed passed thorugh with the little increase in precip the last gasp for it so to speak. I now expect a slow thaw to occur but i suspect in sheltered places the snow will remain and also will rapidly re-freeze quite easily tonight and so we'll probably see widespread ice problems.

I have a sleep problem at the moment, and so wasn't physically able to stay up past 230am. I would have if I could have though! The last time I recall staying up untill I could no longer for a weather event was during Wilma!

It puts it in context! Wilma and a moderate UK snowfall appear equally exciting! lol

Edited by crimsone

Posted

I thought it was on the cards last night that I would of been able to go sledding but we ended up with about 1-2 cm followed by rain. It's all melted now B) I'm happy for those north of me who have been reporting inches, I just hope there will be one last shot for us in the south some time for the rest of the winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Technically Cleadon is getting the "best" weather in the country at the moment, with showers passing away to the north and south, dry cloudy nothingness here, and a temp of (wait for it) 4.8C. Benign boring nothingness; by contrast it hasn't got above 2C at Newton Aycliffe.

I think i've done pretty well compared to other parts of NE England.

post-3392-1170936455_thumb.jpgpost-3392-1170936464_thumb.jpg

Posted

Since 8am this morning...the showers have turned into sleet and have ruined my lovely 1cm snow cover from the wee small hours. Definite coastal warming effect here.....really irritating me.

Sods law; just as showers actually get going - it starts warming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Snow stopped now and a light thaw B)

Wheres this 10-15cm we were forcasted. We've managed about an inch which is not enough to take the kids out for the sledging session i promised them.

And what about the forecast for this to go until 9pm. Its only midday and over!!!!

BBC News 24 Kirsty McCabe said snow on Saturday but not as much as today. Thats inaccurate as some people will not have as much (ie South Midlands/South Wales/London etc) but others should get more (ie Northern England). I think BBC are only interested in what happens around London and any snow in Northern England is not important.

Moan over!!!!

Edited by Supacell