Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 8

Posted

Right continue here in what is increasingly looking like the best snowfall event of the 21st century in S.England.

Snowing a little heavier again though its still light overall for now though there are signs on the rada rit'll get a little heavier again.

Intrestingly grass still showing no signs of thawing and pavements up the road still look well covered, so if the snow does get a little heavier again I'd be hopeful that it may ettle, or at the very least stop any further thawing.

Anyway got the day of college for this!

Posted

ahs anyoen seen summer blizzard this morning?

the radar is gettign more interesting for later on this morning in leeds

Posted

Good Morning all

Well what can I say. Light snow started at around midnight - continued light wet snow overnight has left us down here (2 miles from the M4) South Wales, with about 3 inches of wet snow.

Its still snowing lightly although it must be thawing too as I can hear the water running down my outside kitchen drain.

Is it likely to continue snowing or is that it for us folks? I looked at the radar and the PP band looks as though its swinging around and will cover us again - is this possible?

Primary school here in Brynna is closed BTW!!

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
Very heavy snow here!

Send some over this way :whistling:

It's snowing here but very lightly and there's sleet mixed in with it. A good covering on the ground though. I think it started about 7 am time as it wasn't snowing when I looked out an hour earlier.

Posted

I have to travel to various parts of Norfolk today, would be nice to know if i am going to be affected by this adverse weather which so far, hasnt affected me at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Started snowing here just after midnight, was still snowing heavily at half 3 when I went to bed, opened the curtains this morning full of excited anticipation and saw.....about 1cm! Now very grey and drizzly, what a let down.

Posted

hmm doesnt look too good according to the now forcasts on the main net-weather front page, has london city as sleet falling????

Anyway big lumpy snow falling again here.

Edited by nanu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Chucking it down for last half hour now :whistling: Around 2cm currently on all surfaces, it's not a world beater for snow depth but if this keeps up most of the day like forecast then freezes over tonight it will be amazing!

Also I would just like to mention about what I was saying at around 1-2am last night for people in the west midlands who kept saying things like...

"its over"

"its a let down"

"downgrade! downgrade!"

I did tell you guys to stop complaining and wait until tonight and then moan if you hadnt seen snow... But it looks like you lot are happy as anything in the west midlands at the moment so I would just like to say that I told you not to start writing it off before it happened ;)

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Send some over this way :whistling:

It's snowing here but very lightly and there's sleet mixed in with it. A good covering on the ground though. I think it started about 7 am time as it wasn't snowing when I looked out an hour earlier.

No its mine! lol! Yours is coming!

Posted

still blowing around here slightly lighter snow now

Posted

Well its starting to give it the beans again here with the flakes getting bigger again! :whistling:

Just been out to sweep the drive! Not intending to get the car out, its just something ive never got to do before so i thought i'd give it a whirl!

Plus is keeps next doors kids from getting snow from my drive and being around our cars. ;)

Regards.

Posted

Looking at the radar I haven't a clue what actually lies ahead today.

Could be another 3 hrs of light snowfall, 6 hrs of heavier snowfall?, but my word isn't this exciting and makes all those hrs watching the models well worth it.

By the way because im having problems uploading and because my brother is going to send me some video on his Digi camera im going to make a video of this snow event later and I strongly urge you to watch this because it shall be very funny!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Chucking it down for last half hour now :D Around 2cm currently on all surfaces, it's not a world beater for snow depth but if this keeps up most of the day like forecast then freezes over tonight it will be amazing!

Also I would just like to mention about what I was saying at around 1-2am last night for people in the west midlands who kept saying things like...

"its over"

"its a let down"

"downgrade! downgrade!"

I did tell you guys to stop complaining and wait until tonight and then moan if you hadnt seen snow... But it looks like you lot are happy as anything in the west midlands at the moment so I would just like to say that I told you not to start writing it off before it happened :)

Im chuffed! Heavy snow here with small drifts at the moment and alot of wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

The netweather radar shows that SE Birmingham to London is now rain - that's not true is it? Can anyone confirm. My BF needs to drive down to near Heathrow this morning and it's taken him nearly an hour so far to get over the hill at the top of the parking bay.

My boss told me not to expect a day off regardless of the weather so I need to start out in a few minutes too. Bah, humbug - I want to play in it.

Cheers.

Jo

Posted
still blowing around here slightly lighter snow now

What gives us a clue of more to come is people further south reporting snow! Weve got hours of it yet!

Posted

Steady snow continuing at Reading university. Accumulations are over 6cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
I have to travel to various parts of Norfolk today, would be nice to know if i am going to be affected by this adverse weather which so far, hasnt affected me at all.

Quite shocking really, your only a 50 minutes drive from me. ALL roads/pavements and grass covered in 2 inches of snow. No traffic on main roads now either. Moderate snow here now, coming very nicely!!!!

Reallly want to post some pictures on here, some good ones 2!! Very frustrating that NW won't let me upload.... :D

Mammatus

Posted

Chucking it down in South East Essex...with rain :D

It never really settled before it turned to rain. So that's it for another winter I guess. Still, soon be spring and bbq weather :)

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Lovely sight this morning in East Hertfordshire, 3 to 4 inches and still snowing moderately.

Edited by North Londoner

Meto define a blizzard as

Moderate or heavy snow accompanied by winds of 30 m.p.h. or more, with visibility reduced to 200 m or less; or drifting snow giving rise to similar conditions.

True blizzard conditions are very rare on low ground.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

According to metcheck our heaviest snow is not due till about 12pm ish.

I HAVE A QUESTION: Is it true you get bigger flakes when the temperature is around 0c?