Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Help!

Guest Viking141

Guest Viking141

Hi

I have just got a WS2300 weather station and Weather Display 32 software. The weather station is working fine its the software thats the problem. My computer has one COM port called COM1 but when you tell the software this in the setup it comes up with "comm port error" and I get nothing. Its not happy until I select COM3 then it says "comm port OK" but I get no data from the weather station. The Data Received light is green but 0 data has been received any clues??

Why it should accept COM3 is beyond me because my computer doesnt seem to think there is a port called COM3 only COM1. What gives?

Edited by Viking141

Guest Viking141
Hi

I have just got a WS2300 weather station and Weather Display 32 software. The weather station is working fine its the software thats the problem. My computer has one COM port called COM1 but when you tell the software this in the setup it comes up with "comm port error" and I get nothing. Its not happy until I select COM3 then it says "comm port OK" but I get no data from the weather station. The Data Received light is green but 0 data has been received any clues??

Why it should accept COM3 is beyond me because my computer doesnt seem to think there is a port called COM3 only COM1. What gives?

Cancel that - got it sorted! Its alive!!