Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 22nd December 2003

highcliffe2

Posted

Please place any reports of hail, sleet or snow that you have today in this thread.

All reports will be checked and verified, and any bogus reports will be removed.

Please also post reports of snow cover overnight here too...

Thanks for your co-operation :D

Posted

Nothing Here In Darwen ATM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Snow situation discussion thread located Here

Posted

Had a breif shower here in Boston- although skies have cleared again now I can see more clouds heading our way. The stuff is definately settling but because of the high winds the flakes are fairly small and being blown all over the place. Plus it's dark so it's hard to see how well it's covering the ground.

Posted

We've just had a brief snow shower (at last) which has left a very tiny covering on cars etc. The clouds are moving through very fast though, and I'm sure I've just seen a flash of lightning. I think there must be a big storm on the coast. Temperature has risen from -0.1c to +0.5c in minutes.

Posted

Several short showers here SW of Middlesbrough/Stockon, one heavy, presumably running up Tees Valley. Settled snow blowing about in strong wind. No way of measuring temp but clear skies inbetween showers keeping temps low, would estimate below 0.

Posted

Recent snow shower here. Now have a slight covering of snow after the showers in the last few hours.

Posted

Another blizzard in progress here in Hull we have been hit hard today total whiteout now fantastic to watch with the wind howling and the snow blowing all over. easing off now and skies are clearing we have had a good dumping off snow here though far more than expected good luck to everyone in the south east.

Posted

Here in Kent, It has just notreached us, I believe that the far east of the county may of caught some earlier in the Thanet Region (Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate) but not heard any reports yet.

The snow seems to be getting dumped on Anglia and Hull from all evidence. Radar showing a shower starting to penetrate but I am now a little doubtfull of what will actually hit Kent to be honest.

Not much cloud left and the showers on Radar seems to be reducing.

Posted

Posted by Steve George:

HI JUST TO REPORT, ITS NOW 6.30 AM AND ALL THE WEATHER REPORTS HAVE BEEN TOTALLY WRONG FOR THIS REGION, AND ST.NEOTS IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE HASNT SEEN A SINGLE FLAKE OF SNOW.....

Posted

:shock: WOW :D

Well I didn't think we were going to get anything, but I've woken up to a lovely wintery scene.

At least 2 inches - I now have to work out how to get to work :?

Posted

We've had a light dusting of snow hear in east cambridgeshire, it snowed quite heavily at 1:30am last night for a short period, but nothing since apart from clear skies and the snow clouds further east...

Matt

Posted

well, evidently at some point we had a brief, light, pointless flurry of snow, which has settled on the cars and at a push, would make about 1/4 of a snowball.

whoop. whoop. :roll:

Posted

Well stood in my PJs it looked like 2 inches but in reality it was nearer 4 inches :shock:

Made for an interesting & long journey to work on un-treated roads :evil:

But I'm not complaining :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I went to bed at 0.30am last night, resigned to the notion that the snow showers were continuing to aimlessly drift along the North Sea, but consoled myself with the fact that some Cb cells were growing nearby. Anyway, it was between 1 and 2C, which is pretty marginal for lying snow in any case.

Somewhat surprised to be woken up at 2.10am by thunder and lightning, and about 2cm of snow outside. The next two hours were astonishing, with whiteouts, the bottom of the street was invisible at times, and sometimes it was like a film of ice was blowing north to south, rather than snow. In spite of the winds veering NNE, the temperature fell to just under 1C while it was snowing.

Surprisingly, level undrifted snow only accumulated to 4cm, although drifts lie to about 7cm.

A night where the name "Thundery wintry showers" appropriately described the weather outside!

Posted

We've had a light dusting of snow hear in Watlington (nr Kings Lynn, Norfolk).

There is some clouds to the NE / E but seem to be passing.

Cheers,

Coffee23.

Posted

pleasently suprised t wae up to the following scene in stanley, co. durham, about 12km south west of newcastle which shows the showers have been moving inland. it is bloody freezing this morning i cud barely get up becos of the cold:

ssnow2.jpg

Posted

just had a look outside and there is a very large white man in the garden. He has got half a carrot for a nose and I cant find the rest of my cadburys chocolate buttons anywhere. Don't think very much of his yellow shoes.

Posted
it just showed on the bbc how much snow there is lieing in places in yorkshire 10 cm of lying snow in places aberdeenshire 4cm and norfolk 5cm looks like yorkshire  took the brunt of the snow  and they have issued  a severe  weather warning for tonight several centimeters possible before it turns back to rain   :p   :p r

Posted

Dont know if it snowed here last night cos I cant see any on the ground but I can see snow on the welsh mountains on the other side of the channel