Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Worst Weather Event you Have Experienced?

Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cool thanks for that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

:rolleyes:

I now also remember a bad Thunderstorm when i was in Majorca, Spain in 2005.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Ive edited now andy h.

Please read My post a Little above as i have edited it!

Posted
:rolleyes: you werent in the one with the brown front door and the green shutters!!!!

yep that was me

Blizzards where where you when all this was going on?

please do not say you was in the one with the red shutters :hi:

Posted
Andy!!!!!! *slap* you perv!!! fancy stripping off like that and dancing in front of the window and waving! I am shocked at you.

waving is that what its called these days

Posted
please do not say you was in the one with the red shutters :hi:

No I was in the one with the red shutters! They matched the lights ;)

Louby. What exactly was he waving? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
February 1997 which ruined what had been a decent winter

I know. February 1997 was a right dissapointment for me in winter 1996/1997. :rolleyes::hi:

Posted

The worse weather I have ever experienced was when I was living in Germany, it was summer 1994, we had the most violent storm, I was cacking myself but had to look brave for my lass who was only little at the time .

Posted

Without a doubt for me taking off from Nairobi with Kenya Airways into a thunderstorm, which rapidly got severe. Just a few thousand feet up we were hit by lightning, all the cabin lights went out, the plane was violently thrown about, people screamed and I really thought we'd had it. I've flown many many times, but that was not fun. If I ever meet that pilot I think I'll smack him. What was he thinking taking off into an African storm like that?

If I'm on the ground I love storms! Terrible for people who die or suffer though ... :rolleyes::hi:

Otherwise I have to admit that August 2003 in London was just ghastly. Hideously hot.

Posted
The severe gales of week last Thursday. The worst gales I could remember.

That sounds interesting! Definately the worst ever?

I have had worst before!

Posted
That sounds interesting! Definately the worst ever?

I have had worst before!

What?.. You've had bad wind too Blizzards?? :)

Posted
What?.. You've had bad wind too Blizzards?? :)

Yeah up to 80mph actually!

Posted
Flippin eck.. I never get wind that bad.. My wife is thankful though.. :)

Lol it happened last december and possibly last week too!

In december it nearly destroyed one of our Christmas lights!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

When my freezer broke and the cold artic like air spilled into my kitchen bringing heavy snow falls and blizzard conditions. The main route to all other ares "hall way" was bloked by 7ft drifts. When the main front passed cold clear air settled over the snow carpets and tiles and so began the big freeze.

Thr first night was terribley cold, we had a -27 in the kitchen where the cold had fully taken hold. A huge artic high had formed and was pulling in cold air from the freezer. I found it hard to sleep at night.

During the day it was worse at times the white surfaces simply reflected the heat back out into space "sky light".

3 days had gone by, and there was no end in sight. The snow was frozzen solid like ice cubes. There was no milk to make tea! I was cold.

Then the phone rang, "Hello" :cold: i said. The voice at the other end said with a spring like tone.. ;) "Ill be around at 3pm this afternoon .

Not a moment to soon , evening was approaching and it was getting dark again.......as it does.......I didnt want to go through another night of hellish cold and no tea.....

The door bell rang . :o My heart started to beat faster and faster , at the thought that there would be a thaw, there would be a end.

So i answered it...the door and it was ...to say rather warm outside :) . There he stood a small fat man with a new freezer. I could have kissed him but ...i didnt!

"Jesus" he said "aint half cold in ere! :db: "Mind your self the road into the kitchen is treachous" i said He looked at me as if i was a nut case?

Then...like a warm and sudden south westerly straight from the tropics...he closed the freezer door. :):oops:

"Thats your problem mate, you didnt close the blinking freezer door". he said.

:oops:

I looked at him, angery at first but knowing he had saved me from a faith worse then death itself.

I look back at that cold spell now , knowing what i had endured survived through, it made me stronger and wiser!

Always close the freezer door weather it be commerical or industrial ones ;)

Edited by kippure