Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Worst Weather Event you Have Experienced?

Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hi there what is the Worst Weather you have Experienced before?

Feel free to talk about other peoples Experiences!

Even if the Reason is not Serious still post it because it will still be your Worst Experience!

Im not sure what my worst Experience is yet but if i remember ill post it later!

:)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

My worst experience was the whole of the year 2006. 2006 promised to be a cold, dry and bright year in March BUT it turned into yet another hot, hazy and humid year with the worst ever heatwave in July and September to boot. September was warmer than both June and August 2006.

C.E.Ts from hot to mild months from that rubbish hot 2006 (10.82c C.E.T).

EDIT: Delete my previous post. All of the figures got jumbled together. To see a neat list of C.E.Ts visit the attachment below:-

2006_C.E.T.doc

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Winter 2006/2007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
Winter 2006/2007

I agree with that also. Our weather is turning rubbish. :)

Posted

The 1987 storm

Summer of 76 (fires etc)

August 2003 (stupidly hot)

Driving in pea soup fog in early 2000s in Essex

Winter 88/89

Jan 76 storm (I was very little for both the 76 events but have some memory of being very scared)

Driving home in the storm this January was rather scary too. At least I was tucked up in bed for 87.

Posted

Caught in the middle of Hurricane George when it hit the Dominican Republic. It was horrendous. Our hotel was just about blown to bits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Keep them Coming!

I still dont know what my worst experience is yet!

Although i agree that Winter 06/07 as been awful!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Hi Blizzards,

87 storm is the worst by a good margin for me.

Russ

Posted

Cool and thanks for posting!

I was born in '94!

As i was saying this winter has been awful!

1 day of Snow and suprisingly a couple of flakes today and that was it! Its not over yet this winter hopefully!

Ive Scraped the car only 3 times this winter!

Its hardly been :lol: !

A couple of Years ago or last year too it Snowed bad here and Cars struggled to get up the Road!

Posted
Caught in the middle of Hurricane George when it hit the Dominican Republic. It was horrendous. Our hotel was just about blown to bits.

That must of been Scary!

Supercell how long does it take to post?

Once i also saw a bad thunderstorm which Flooded the road badly!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Hmmm....

A couple of years ago, a very localised severe thunderstorm produced the most violent electrical display. Something I could never have imagined. The associated thunder was horrific. It was extremely scary. The giant poppler tree (I think that's what it was) in my neighbour's garden, just over our back fence, was hit. The immediate boom caused panic and shouts of "Has the garage just exploded !?". I rushed to the front of the house to gain a wider and more clear view of the storm. The lightning tore through the sky, zig-zagging continuously. The bolts regularly struck the radio masts. A particularly intense discharge produced one of the most rare and spectacular phenomena - Ball lightning. I watched it, for a split second, race horizontally across the distant moors, a vivid, glowing globe. It disappeared in a instance. A wonderful sight, in what was a terrifying storm.

Lol, Blizzards. Distraction - Engulfed by my experience.

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Wow that sounds awesome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Golf sized hail in the worst thunderstorm to hit Ipswich for 20 years 2 summers ago...never been so frightened as when all you could hear was smashing of near by greenhouses and conservatories and the no9ise of it hitting the house. And seeing the road start to flood with the most deafening, crackening thunder and blinding lightning. Loved every minute of it too =D

Posted

Cool! That sounds good!

Posted
What is your worst weather experience then, Blizzards ? There must be something that sticks out.

Ive posted near the bottom of the first page about this.

Posted

No not amazingly significant! I was only Born 13 years ago (Nearly!)