Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

"Cool" 2006 - An Opportunity Wasted

Lettucing Gutted

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

After the excellent cool, sunny and snowy March 2006 last year I was hoping that the rest of 2006 would continue the "cooling" trend. But it didn't.

Starting with April and continuing now instead we got another year to add to the relentless "more than ten warmest years in a row record"... Instead of a sub 9.4C C.E.T year we had the warmest year on record.

Even the "Northwesterly" August 2006 was still "slightly warmer" than average since the Northwesterlies were simply coming off a warm SST anomaly North Atlantic with NO link to Greenland.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted

Well, I was hoping for the same. The first quarter of 2006 was very nearly as cold as 2001, and I was hoping that the rest of 2006 would continue the trend and that we would at least get a 2001 type CET year, but the rest of the year did not play ball. To me even until May 2006 it still looked as though a 2001 type CET year was not out of the question, as even the first five months of 2006 still averaged out almost as cold as 2001. Following May 2006, to analyse it all, it was the months of June, July, September and December that had far lower CETs in 2001 than in 2006, so these four months really wrecked our chance of a 2001 type year.