Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports Thurs 25/01/07

Storm Animal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A moderate wet snow shower just after midnight in Cleadon as the wind off the sea abated, and the temp fell to 2-3C. However, there was nothing lying this morning.

Posted

an increasingly slushy inch and a bit in faversham....... sun is now out....... its covered more than this mornings snow from 11am-12pm and was heavier and not as fluffy or wet snow, more powdery.......

my third snowfall in two days......... feeling better n better about this spell.....

sitting here sipping a lemsip n red nose though...... doh......

Posted

We've had snow of all types throughout the afternoon here on the North(East) Kent coast.

The best came mid afternoon, when it was almost 4 deg C, yet huge fluffy flakes were drifting down.

The heaviest has just finished, but even though its 1 deg C it has only layed a little as it was quiet wet. However as we're at sea level and close to the sea, I would think these could be better as they roll inland?

I wasn't up for the 'six inches' the met office were giving out last night as the cloud cover just didn't seem to be there in the North Sea.

Tonight they're saying nothing... but I liked the look of the cloud coming down the North Sea this afternoon... http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html ...until the wind just turned from NE to WNW :-( Lucky Holland?

Edited by shark17

Posted

Snow shower in Norwich this morning gave a dusting on the roads and pavements and added a little to the remaining snow on the grass, fields and rooftops from yesterday. East of the city still has some good cover in shaded and north facing places.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
an increasingly slushy inch and a bit in faversham....... sun is now out....... its covered more than this mornings snow from 11am-12pm and was heavier and not as fluffy or wet snow, more powdery.......

my third snowfall in two days......... feeling better n better about this spell.....

sitting here sipping a lemsip n red nose though...... doh......

I saw that too, was quite slippery in faversham around 3:30pm

Did anyone see detling hill?? it was beautifully covered in snow, and wrotham heath/west kingsdown (which seems to be in some different world to the rest of us when snow is conserned!) was thick in snow too all day and wrotham was snowing all day as well!!! no where else in the area snowed all day !! wrotham is very wierd for snow