Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Costa Del Fal

Australians face flooding!

Residents in western Victoria are experiencing a drastic shift in weather conditions as flood waters hit the area on January 21st.

The Australian newspaper reports that people in the region, many of whom have recently been struggling with drought, are dealing with a major band of rain that has moved in their direction.

Downpours of more than 50 millimetres (two inches) have already fallen on Kaniva and Stawell, while a similar amount is likely to be recorded in Victoria, the report adds.

Tim Wiebusch, from the state's emergency service, told the Australian: "We've had a number of houses that have had water come into the roof and reports of ceilings starting to sag with the weight of the water."

He added that many emergency workers are facing a stark contrast in the nature of their work, as they are dealing with flash flooding situations in the middle of a drought.

However, local authorities do not believe that the torrential rain will put out the bushfires in the north-east of the state.

Feel free to discuss this!

You have a link to that article Blizzards??

Wow :shok: , how did you know all that Blizzards, thats impressive!

Flooding isn't that unusual in AU, whole lakes can appear at times in the outback after sudden rainstorms, then disappear overnight and not be seen again for years.

It is in times of drought though SnowBear.. All I want to know from Blizzards is where is the link to the story?? Surely it must have come from somewhere and if its not your own work then its only courtesy to post the link.. :shok:

It is in times of drought though SnowBear.. All I want to know from Blizzards is where is the link to the story?? Surely it must have come from somewhere and if its not your own work then its only courtesy to post the link.. :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk :p

Well so long as Sky and the baby are ok then I'm happy.

???????????????????????????????????????? the sky is fine as it was still there the last time i looked.

Flooding is truly awful. I hope that no-ne ever has to face it again. I fear this won't happen though =(

Don't forget Harold and Lou. Oh, and Karl and Susan.

Seriously, extreme weather in Australia. Been speaking to a mate of mine from Melbourne who's been telling me about how topsy-turvy his weather had been!

Isn't Melbourne the dumping ground for all those actors who leave the soaps? I seem to remeber a fair few who have ended up in Melbourne.

Isn't Melbourne the dumping ground for all those actors who leave the soaps? I seem to remeber a fair few who have ended up in Melbourne.

Most Australian soapstars i.e Neighbours and Home and Away end up becoming singers or Hollywood stars. (Guy Pearce, Russel Crowe, Kylie Minogue). I don't know if you mean British actors from Soaps like Corrie or EE though?