Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Costa Del Fal

Favourite Type of Weather!

Simple Question above! Just answer it and also feel free to Discuss here too!

Enjoy posting!

Drizzle. It's ace.

Yeah i would like that too but i have never had it!

Please continue posting!

Summertime Watching thundery clouds develop into thundery showers or thunderstorms :D

Winter Storms/hard frosts/snow and my favorite is drifting snow or blizzards when the sun is out(got to have plenty of snow 1st of course and low temps) magical site :D rarely happens now sadly. :(

One of those weather events where you have sun and 30 degree temperatures on one side of the street and Snow on the others side. Super Cool :D

Summertime Watching thundery clouds develop into thundery showers or thunderstorms :(

Winter Storms/hard frosts/snow and my favorite is drifting snow or blizzards when the sun is out(got to have plenty of snow 1st of course and low temps) magical site :D rarely happens now sadly. :(

Yes i agree there!

One of those weather events where you have sun and 30 degree temperatures on one side of the street and Snow on the others side. Super Cool :D

Have you seen that before?

Have you seen that before?

Unfortunately not, it would be something I would love to see, I read abaout on another forum where someone had witnessed it. The name of the forum escapes me, but it think it was called strange & unusual collective knowledge events revisited or something like that. There was a photo of it too, very strange.

thundersnow.

Blizzards in winter and un relenting sun in summer! Shame i live in the UK then :shok:

Unfortunately not, it would be something I would love to see, I read abaout on another forum where someone had witnessed it. The name of the forum escapes me, but it think it was called strange & unusual collective knowledge events revisited or something like that. There was a photo of it too, very strange.
:shok:

mine has to be heavy thunder with lots and lots of lightning

well i like lots of weather

sun

clear sky night

snow

wind

out here in barra the wind is incredible it blows cars and vans everywhere and once we had a really bad storm it smashed windows on cars and houses and also sank boats.

its always windy out here cars shaking street lights shaking.

My interest levels are positively correlated with how dramatic and varied the weather is; my happiness levels are positively correlated with how much sunshine there is.

Thus, my favourite weather type is of the convective variety, with towering cumulus and/or cumulonimbus cells providing showers, and sunshine in between- providing weather that is dramatic, varied and sunny. As with most of the forum I am a bit of a snow nut, but my love of snow mainly stems from my love of dramatic weather in general, and I have a similar fondness for dramatic cloud effects, sunsets, hailstorms and rainbows.

I have a fear of being struck by lightning so I'm wary of thunderstorms when outside, but I love them as long as I'm inside; thus I can empathise with the views of those who hate thunderstorms, but don't personally share them myself. As could probably be guessed from my username, I consider thundersnow to be the perfect merging-together of all my favourite weather types.

Second to dramatic showery weather is dry sunny weather, though I can get bored with it if it persists for weeks on end.

My favourite is the dark. Especially when experience up an alley, in the pouring rain with a train clattering over a bridge in the background and the eyes of unknown animals glowing out from their positions behind battered old dumpsters.

warm sunny weather in summer with low humidty temps mid 20s

long cold winters..with regular snow events and cold crisp days in between

I know this is slightly off-topic, but my favourite temperature is 21.5º.

I'll bet all the girls love that line, OON.

I don't have one particular favourite type of weather. Preferences are ; clear blue skies, blue skies with shapely cumulus, thunderstorms, frost which lingers all day, snow.