Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports January 18th onwards

yamkin

Posted

The gusty winds in Croydon, Surrey - Greater London has brought down a tree. No reports of injuries so far.

Posted

If the winds carry on like this, then my whole street is going to have the same garden! Quite why my neighbours wanted to put the fence up again last week I do not know! it was only going to be blown away!

Posted

Hi All

London Bridge station reported closed due to wind damage, staff being sent home early from my office!!!

Cheers

FC

Posted

Perhaps we should start a "Damage Reports" thread!

I've lost my chimney stack (and numerous roof tiles) :lol:

smich

Posted

Colchester - Mersea Road/Monkwick

Power outage from 1.30pm to 6.00pm.

Maximum gust according to 1 local weather station - 50mph

No damage in the immediate area that I know of apart from the usual bin lid drifting etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Unlike further North in the UK the IOW(South Eastern Part at least) was largely unaffected damage wise, from what i saw, i drove from Brading via:- Sandown, Shanklin, Ventnor, St Catherine's Point to Blackgang, then in a straight route back to Brading via Godshill and Apse Heath. (all the above places are on Google Earth)

When i got to Blackgang however i did note the weather and sea looked much worse to the West and North West.(time of observation (1550Z)

Russ

Posted
Worst gale I can remember here in west Manchester. Even worse than Xmas Eve 1997 gale. Awful

It`s one of the worst storms I`ve known too as you say worse than then I agree.

There`s more damage down than I thought there was going to be.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

there was a new windspeed record for dublin airport today. a top windspeed of 92 mph!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well the winds missed us today was windy. But not as windy they ment to be eg 70-80mph.Max gust we had today was 30mph so the storms missed us

Edited by roberthines

Posted

Hi guys,

first post for me! Here in the Forest of Dean we had damaging winds for most of Thursday morning and the first half of the afternoon. Power was cut to around 6,500 homes, at about 1pm, and as i post, has not been reconnected to everyone. Lots of tree and branch damage, fence panels blown down, and tiles removed from roofs.

Posted

Been talking to my parents and I they havn't seen anything like what they saw in Burnley yesterday for quite a while. A lot of the garden is damaged, but trees had fallen on roads, corrugated roofs came off factories and the away stand at Burnley has been damaged forcing Norwich fans to sit with Burnley fans in one of the home stands tomorrow.

Weather wasn't that bad in Plymouth although some of the waves hitting the Hoe were much higher than me, so I kept my distance.

33fb50i.jpg

Edited by rob-lancs

Posted

Wiltshire finally got some weather that wasnt just grey mist!

Lost power yesterday and on investigation found a tree had taken down the power cables and flattened a BMW (lucky she got out) i also "aquired" a pink bath!! no one knows where it came from in my lane but then again we lost a fence panel thats totally disapeered.

Posted
there was a new windspeed record for dublin airport today. a top windspeed of 92 mph!

Wow that is impressive!

92 mph was extremely high for the eastern coast of Ireland when the wind was blowing from the west!

Only 7 mph short of the highest gust recorded, 99 mph at The Needles on the Isle of Wight.

Posted

Just had another downpour here with two masive flashes of lightning and loud rumbles of thunder!! Dyng away now tho' - it seems that thunder is so much more common in the winter now than when I was a girl....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

post-4726-1169337688_thumb.pngpost-4726-1169337700_thumb.pngpost-4726-1169337711_thumb.pngpost-4726-1169337726_thumb.png

Thought i herd a rumble earlier. We had two heavy hail/rain showers earlier aswell.

As we are about to change to cold weather. I think i am right hoping is that the temperature drop will be quick, which will lead to fireworks....i hope :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There is a small chance of Storms today especialy in any Squally Showers!

Report any Storms here! :wallbash:

The South is More likely probably to have any Storms as some showers are not of snow!

There are a few Random Strikes around Ireland at the Moment.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There are now Random strikes around Britain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nothing here other than four flashes so far out towards Wales. The lightning is bright enough to actually picture what the anvil looks like.

Had a big thunderstorm last night though with heavy hail and squally winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days
Just had some thunder and lightning, which actually knocked the power off for a couple of seconds.

The lightning was quite a cool blue flash, also knocked out my internet connection for a while.

Posted

a bit late i know, had some cracking thunder and lightning on sat eve and again late sat night, it also knocked out power for a min or so, very loud thunder, very bright lightning, i wasnt expecting that!

had lots of heavy hail with it.

i look forward to seeing some snow.

Edited by lightninglass

Posted
a bit late i know, had some cracking thunder and lightning on sat eve and again late sat night, it also knocked out power for a min or so, very loud thunder, very bright lightning, i wasnt expecting that!

had lots of heavy hail with it.

i look forward to seeing some snow.

Yep, we were subject to both occurences here. Didn't see the lightning, but the thunder late Sat eve was very loud and quite close.

We didn't lose power though, which is odd, because we usually do.

Edited by Damone