Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis Instruments Vantage Pro II equivalent - any ideas please?.

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a weather station that's available to buy from a

U.K. reseller that is of comparable specification to a Davis

Instruments Vantage Pro II and can be used to post weather data onto a

personal homepage automatically?.

Cannot really afford to buy a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro II.

A wireless weather station is preferred however I'd consider buying a

wired weather station.

Thank you.

Seasons Greetings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

This one might suit your needs and is a good deal cheaper than the Vantage pro.

http://www.aceselectronics.co.uk/product.p...ATCHTYPE=search

I know a guy on NW who has a 2nd hand VP1 for sale:Check this out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055012188.

Further down the paq is this post

19-12-2006, 01:17 #9

Snowbie

Adverts | Blog | Friends

Mod: Weather

As there is a few people wanting weather stations,i decided to sell my original Vantage pro if anyone is interested.Have not used it in 10 months and is clean,left in VP2 box and in tip top shape and works perfectly when tried it tonight.Its the standard version with radiation sheild etc and would be still second best station after the VP2.You can also get the weatherlink software and upload to a website too no problem.

As in my above post it is discontinued but the UV and Solar sensor works with both VP and can be upgraded to the plus version if you wish.

I have this two years and only used it for one of those years and is in brillo nick.Let me know.

Live Dublin Weather

Original Vantage Pro Weather Station For Sale

A Change Of Weather Will Bring a Change In Mood.

Posted

Good advice there John :good:

The oregon (apart from the Davis one) thats closest to the Davis 2. However if you really think you might want the Davis in the future you might as well wait a bit longer and save up the extra £200 :)

Thank you John and Ross.

Would prefer to opt for a Davis Vantage Pro II however really do not like paying massively inflated prices for kit that is vastly cheaper in the U.S.A.

(an not alone with these thoughts from what I can gather). With Davis Instruments refusing resellers in the U.S.A. to ship to the E.U. at a guess there's

no option but to source from within the U.K. for a Davis Instruments weather station.

Kind Regards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

This is where I bought my VP1 from 3 years ago. They operate out of Gersey and ship from the USA. You would have to pay import charges.

I found them good to deal with but someone on nw had the a bad experience with them.

http://weatherstation.net/vp2-cabled.php

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
This is where I bought my VP1 from 3 years ago. They operate out of Gersey and ship from the USA. You would have to pay import charges.

I found them good to deal with but someone on nw had the a bad experience with them.

I think you're referring to me. You just have to be very strong minded with them which to be honest isn't much different from most online sellers. One good thing from all the hassle I've got some contacts now in Davis who are very helpful when needed.

Hi John, Thank you for your reply. I've contacted CCSI aka weatherstation.net and am hoping that someone responds advising how much a VPII Wired or VPII Wireless (U.K. specification) costs to ship to the U.K.

Am surprised that Davis Instruments haven't stopped them from shipping U.K. specification weather stations to E.U. customers as they disallow U.S. resellers from doing so as many on this forum are more than likely aware however if CCSI have got offices registered in Guernsey that's probably how it's allowed. Prices in the U.S. for Davis Instruments weather stations are vastly cheaper than over here in the U.K. even with import duty, VAT and couriers charges for paying for import duty and VAT up-front. Very unfair. Are Davis Instruments weather stations bought from CCSI covered under warranty by McMurdo or do customers have to deal with Davis Instruments directly?.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

I think you're referring to me. You just have to be very strong minded with them which to be honest isn't much different from most online sellers. One good thing from all the hassle I've got some contacts now in Davis who are very helpful when needed.

Hi, Do you have contact details for anyone at CCSI please rather than having to fill in an online response form?.

Would you recommend CCSI as a reseller for a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro II weather station and can you confirm what percentage import duty is added to an import from them in addition to VAT and couriers charges for paying import duty and VAT up-front?.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Edited by newbie2linux

• 1 year later...
Posted

Helpful contacts at Davis? Tell me more Ira Pfeffer certainly wasn't. Definitely not on my Christmas list