Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will it ever get cold?

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Multimap reveals there's a spot height of 174 metres located not much more than 1 mile from the estuary. It's not hard to see how a "two-tone" pattern of snowfall occurs in this city.

Posted
Multimap reveals there's a spot height of 174 metres located not much more than 1 mile from the estuary. It's not hard to see how a "two-tone" pattern of snowfall occurs in this city.

Yes it really isn't, but it's blatantly obvious that this person is just pig-ignorant with his ramblings about something that he obviously doesn't understand.

Anyway, not going to waste my time replying any further as it's a complete waste of time.

Ah the "notorious" Tayside river.... :unsure:

Edited by Sawel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Will it ever get cold? That is a question I have been asking since last October. I think we might see a cold snap this November. :unsure:

Posted
I hope next winter is the big one 1981/82 all over again, even a 63` but that was a brutal winter. Here`s to ice and snow from nov 20th 07 to march 15th 08. We wolud be probably sick of it by then tho.

This shambles of a winter just gone was supposed to be the big one so i'm far from optimistic about the next one. It will probably be more of the same if we have a similarly hot summer and very warm autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There have been tentative suggestions, dating from a while back, that 2007/08 might be the big one, coinciding with the 22-23 year cycle of cold winters around 1895, 1917, 1940, 1963 and 1986. However, Philip Eden (the main source of this suggestion) has pointed out that when such a cycle is found, it tends to be disproved the next time around...

Posted
There have been tentative suggestions, dating from a while back, that 2007/08 might be the big one, coinciding with the 22-23 year cycle of cold winters around 1895, 1917, 1940, 1963 and 1986. However, Philip Eden (the main source of this suggestion) has pointed out that when such a cycle is found, it tends to be disproved the next time around...

never mind! dont think we will ever get the big one in our lifetimes.

next year i am just going to hire a snow machiine to get my snow fix!

Posted
Will it ever get cold? That is a question I have been asking since last October. I think we might see a cold snap this November. :)

:) Sorry Karl, I have only just seen this.

Yes I agree, I think we will have a frost on Bonfire night. :lol:

Posted
Yup. And soon.

Yup, and then it got milder but it might turn cold again in early April. :nonono:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
Yup, and then it got milder but it might turn cold again in early April. :)

Or not...I'll try to publish the final results over the w/e, but failing that it will be suring the Easter break. Admit it, you can hardly wait, unless you're SM2006.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Was there a particular weekend you had in mind SF?

:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
This shambles of a winter just gone was supposed to be the big one so i'm far from optimistic about the next one. It will probably be more of the same if we have a similarly hot summer and very warm autumn.

Almost guaranteed I would say. Hot and dry summer coming up, more than like, followed by a very warm autumn leading to...you get the picture.

Moose

Posted
Almost guaranteed I would say. Hot and dry summer coming up, more than like, followed by a very warm autumn leading to...you get the picture.

Moose

Yep another warm September and October will lead to another write off Winter I'm afraid. Lets hope that all this relentless warmth we're having now will start to ease by late Summer.

;)