Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Lapland,snow&aurorea borealis..

earsnow

Posted

I'm thinking of taking the family for a short trip to Lapland around xmas.

It's really for the kids :lol: but i would like to see the northern lights :lol:

I've heard that because of the sunspot minimum cycle this year it might be a poor show. Has anyone got some thoughts on this? and has anybody been on one of these trips. as long as there is plenty of snow i think i could be happy :lol:

Posted

It's really for the kids :) but i would like to see the northern lights :)

I've heard that because of the sunspot minimum cycle this year it might be a poor show. Has anyone got some thoughts on this? and has anybody been on one of these trips. as long as there is plenty of snow i think i could be happy :)

i hope you are wrong i am going on the 30th of november

for the kids of course :)

Posted

It's really for the kids :lol: but i would like to see the northern lights :)

I've heard that because of the sunspot minimum cycle this year it might be a poor show. Has anyone got some thoughts on this? and has anybody been on one of these trips. as long as there is plenty of snow i think i could be happy :)

I went to Iceland in November 04, hoping to see the aurora. Cloudy nearly every night, which is more of a hazard there thasn in Finland. Came back on the Tuesday night and went out running, and what did Ihave to stop my group to look at? The best auroral display in these parts for probably ten years or so. And the same the next night too!

Didn't see them in Finland either, but it was clear there, though far too cold to stand out for long looking.

Posted
I went to Iceland in November 04, hoping to see the aurora. Cloudy nearly every night, which is more of a hazard there thasn in Finland. Came back on the Tuesday night and went out running, and what did Ihave to stop my group to look at? The best auroral display in these parts for probably ten years or so. And the same the next night too!

Didn't see them in Finland either, but it was clear there, though far too cold to stand out for long looking.

Well I`ve heard it all now go north to see the aurora only to to be dissapointed then come back home and there on your doorstep that`s quite something :angry:

I never saw that display but there will be chances again.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Well i guess it all comes down to luck really,if i see the lights it will be a bonus :D the snows the main reason we're going! hopefully it will start cooling down up there soon ;)