Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

October CET

guitarnutter

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Joneseye: 7.5C

Snow-Man2006: 9.5C

Hiya: 9.8C

Summer Blizzard: 10.4C

Intrepid: 10.7C

Snowmaiden: 10.75C

Viking141: 11C

Lesta_snow: 11C

Anti-Mild: 11.2C

Kold weather: 11.5C

Snowyowl9: 11.7C

Bham Chris: 12.1C

Bottesford: 12.2C

Windswept: 12.4C

Snowprincess: 12.7C

West is Best: 13.4C

The Pit, could you give an actual figure??

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

10.3c

for me please , imgoing for a wet/ windy/ dull/ cold start to the month

nigel

13.6 might happen but don't put it as a prediction becasue I don't really like to predict these things, but we do need a wet month or two now.

Edited by Mike W

Posted

the more i look at the gfs the more blue its geting!!!

temp = 6.4 :lol:

winter coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer
i think ppl r just saying random numbers some1 will say 40c soon lol :lol:

Lesta snow, I'm not trying to be funny or come across as a grumpy old fart but can you please stop posting in text-speak? It's harder to read and it's not as though you have limited space to post.

AM

Posted
Lesta snow, I'm not trying to be funny or come across as a grumpy old fart but can you please stop posting in text-speak? It's harder to read and it's not as though you have limited space to post.

AM

I thought I was back on SlowWatch for a moment there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer
I thought I was back on SlowWatch for a moment there.

Don't you mean '**** *****"? :lol:

This forum is too well moderated for it to descend to that level thankfully. The mods do a bang-up job on here, very unlike that 'other place'!

Back on topic (ahem ;) ), it currently looks like early October could see temps at or just below average which puts paid to my forecast of a very mild start to the month ;) !

AM

This forum is too well moderated for it to descend to that level thankfully. The mods do a bang-up job on here, very unlike that 'other place'!

Don't butter them up too much. It'll go to their heads even more - and OON's head needs no more polishing. Personally I think it's all down to the high standard of clientelle they have on here.

Posted

i'll have a bit of fun again with this :blink:

i reckon you lot will be about 3 degrees warmer than i was last october, which equates to 12.6c

Posted
9.9c - I think we're about to start another run of below average CET months.

On what grounds? It's amazing people can say this after what could be the warmest September on record. Maybe you should have said 'hope' instead of 'think', as there is no explanation to back up your view.

I'm going to go for 12.7C, as there is still plenty of warmth around in Europe, particularly Central and Eastern Europe which I think will come into play at some stage. I think a cool start will be offset by a very warm period in the middle of October.

Posted
On what grounds? It's amazing people can say this after what could be the warmest September on record. Maybe you should have said 'hope' instead of 'think', as there is no explanation to back up your view.

I'm going to go for 12.7C, as there is still plenty of warmth around in Europe, particularly Central and Eastern Europe which I think will come into play at some stage. I think a cool start will be offset by a very warm period in the middle of October.

August was hardly startling after the warmest July on record.

Overnights can drop much more into the dark of the year and its a guesstimate game.

What grounds do you have for the very warm middle of October out of interest?

Posted

Tinybill: 6.4C

Optimus Prime: 9.3C

Beng: 9.9C

Stormchaser1: 10.3C

Viking141: 11C

Lesta_snow: 11C

Anti-Mild: 11.2C

Kold weather: 11.5C

Snowyowl9: 11.7C

Stricklands: 11.7C

Rollo: 11.9C

Bham Chris: 12.1C

Robbie: 12.1C

Bottesford: 12.2C

Windswept: 12.4C

Tugmistress: 12.6C

Snowprincess: 12.7C

Scorcher: 12.7C

West is Best: 13.4C

Mike W: 13.6C

Posted

I'll hide in the middle of the pack at 10.9, since the first week is not looking any warmer than normal, and perhaps a touch below, and I'm expecting some strong blocking and retrograde highs late in the month, which are often accompanied by cold nights, so that leaves only two weeks in the middle when it could be warmer than average, and these cool weeks should balance out the month to near normal.

That reading in 1740 is quite something, it's hard to visualize an October in that part of the world with an average of 5.3 degrees, that is almost a normal December monthly average. It's a wonder that the winter of 1740-41 didn't then turn out to be colder than 1739-40 when readings were already that low in October.

Posted

Well after this remarkable September which could be a record breaker the question is will October follow as per August did after July and cool down? Looking at the latest GFS it does show indications of cooling down but not to an extent that we are looking at cold/below normal temps at day, and as mentioned the continent is still warm at present unless we get plenty of days with an airmass with a straight 'pull' from high latitude areas and bearing in mind the + anomolies in the Atlantic. Just before mid-month indicates HP close by so a possibility of cooler nights, so bearing in mind this I will go for a slightly above average 12.4C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Extremes!

In September I thought we'd get a Spanish plume, little did I know that the night time would be so warm :)

For Oct, I'm expecting a fairly changeable and windy month indispersed with settled spells and a couple of northerly topplers. CET of 10.5

Posted

Tinybill: 6.4C

Optimus Prime: 9.3C

Beng: 9.9C

Shuggee: 10C

Stormchaser1: 10.3C

Senior Ridge: 10.5C