Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Seems im the only one in here these days? anyway seems like the summer outlook for western Canada is proving to be correct July was relatively hot and sunny and August is looking like it could well finish up the same way...another hot and sunny 5 days coming up with temps close to 30c...mind you i had my first ground frost this morningPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

i spent 6 wks in canada and parts of new york state ,mostly around toronto ,georgian bay ,lake HURON and around OTTAWA ,ALSO WALKED ALONG PARTS OF THE NIAGRA ESCARPEMENT , STAYING WITH FRIENDS LATE MAY ,JUNE AND EARLY JULY .HAD VIRTUALLY ALL WEATHER TYPES YOU CAN GET AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR .BEUTIFULL NIGHT TIME STORMS ,TYPICAL ENGLISH AUTUMN WEATHER ,FOLLOWED BY 34C AND HIGH HUMIDITY . SAW 2 FUNNEL CLOUDS ,AN ABSOLUTELY FREEZING DAY ON THE BEACH AT LAKE HURON ,WITH AN ON SHORE BREEZE ,BUT 2 DAYS LATER BAKING .BONE DRY LANDSCAPES ,FLOODED LANDSCAPES ,THE MOST BEUTIFUL EVENING STORM WHILST WALKING IN THE WILDS ,ALL THIS COUPLED WITH MY FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR THE WILDLIFE RESEARCH DEPT OF TOR ,AND LAKES AREA SR /DEPT ,WHILST MY WIFE AND HER VERY BEST FRIEND ENJOYED THE DAYS WITH A GLASS OR TWO WE WOULD GO AND DO A BIT OF STORM CHASING .IT WAS GREAT UNTILL A YOUNG POLICE OFFICER CAUGHT US DOING 100 KL HR IN A 80 KL HR AREA , ALTHOUGH IT DID PAY DIVIDENDS AS WE WENT FOR A WALK TO A LOCAL LAKE WHERE EASTERN GREY WOLVES HAVE BEEN SEEN ,AND AN ABSOLUTELY HORENDOUSE STORM BROKE , CAUSING MASSIVE TORRENTS OF WATER TO FLOW DOWN THE SLOPES ,OUT CAME TWO WOLVES [NOT CYOTES ] WE DID REPORT THIS BUT USUAL NONSENCE FROM LOCAL OFFICALS .ANYHOW A SPLENDID TIME NATURE WISE IN CANADA AND NORTH AMERICA , AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT ON SEVERE WEATHER CHANNEL ,GOOD OLD BRITAIN GOT A MENTION WITH THEIR WEARD WEATHER BACK HOME .AND STILL VERY ACTION PACKED AS I TYPE ,CHEERS WHO EVER READS THIS I DID ENJOY THE WILDS OF NORTH AMERICA /CANADA ,PERHAPS NEXT TIME BC ,ALBERTA AND A LITTLE FURTHER NORTH WHERE I MIGHT SEE A PROPER WOLF ,A BIG GREY TIMBER ,BUT THIS TIME I;LL TRY AND STAY ABOUT A QUARTER OF A MILE AWAY ,ITS BAD ENOUGH STAYING IN A TRAILER PARK IN GREY BRUCE ON THE EDGE OF A FOREST AND GOING OUT FOR A LOOK AT THE LIGHTENING AT 1 AM IN THE MORNING ,PITCH BLACK DEADLY SILENCE AND SOMETHING MOVES ,MOST PROBABLY A RACOON ,BUT THEY DID HAVE NOTICRS UP ,[DONT FEED THE BIRDS AND SQUIRRELS ATTRACTS BLACK BEAR ] I KNOW A BIT OF TOPIC BUT JUST WANTED TO SHARE ,CHEERS LEGRITTER

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'll pop in more CM now I know this place exists http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/forum//public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

Posted

Best summer since I moved here 7 years ago. Lots of thunderstorms but mainly at night. Been very warm and whats unusual is virtually every evening we can sit outside without needing a jacket. Perfect for bbq's and beers.

Cooler this morning, as CM says, we had some frost on the garage roof. Signs that September is not far off but still looking great for the week ahead

Posted

One of the greatest turnaround in USA temps a lot of places recording 10c below average temps across the central belt of USA.

Posted

who'd have thunk it..its raining this morning...only the 2nd rain day i have had in 2 months...just a blip however as it sunshine and blue skies after today back up to 28/29c by monday again!...anyway Environment Canada are predicting a cold snowy winter for my locationPosted Image

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

who'd have thunk it..its raining this morning...only the 2nd rain day i have had in 2 months...just a blip however as it sunshine and blue skies after today back up to 28/29c by monday again!...anyway Environment Canada are predicting a cold snowy winter for my locationPosted Image

Poor you, a warm sunny summer followed by a cold snowy winter!

Meanwhile in Ireland, we're on what feels like our 18th consecutive Autumnal month...

Posted

Poor you, a warm sunny summer followed by a cold snowy winter!

Meanwhile in Ireland, we're on what feels like our 18th consecutive Autumnal month...

It is poor me...being on the receiving end of a cold snowy winter on the Canadian prairies is not a pleasant experience believe me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

It is poor me...being on the receiving end of a cold snowy winter on the Canadian prairies is not a pleasant experience believe me.

I'll trade you!

Nah, I get how a Candian style cold and snowy winter is quite different to a cold and snowy winter for the British Isles. Then again, I like to head of mountain climbing/hill walking during cold and snowy spells here, to experience something a little more extreme. My frozen beard usually looks quite amusing anyway!

Posted

I'll trade you!

Nah, I get how a Candian style cold and snowy winter is quite different to a cold and snowy winter for the British Isles. Then again, I like to head of mountain climbing/hill walking during cold and snowy spells here, to experience something a little more extreme. My frozen beard usually looks quite amusing anyway!

Yep so many people on here say they would give their high teeth to live where i do..but i would gladly swap a UK winter for my 5-6 months of snow and sub zero temperatures.

Posted

I like the canadian winter if it was 3 months shorter. Its generally sunny, the dry air makes it feel warmer than the actual temperature and we dont get the slushy snow its more dry. That said its way too long. By end of January I am dreaming of a rainy day in England whilst most people in England are dreamy of a snowy day in Canada.

Back to the summer - it was 28oC yesterday, looks to be the same again. Best July and August since I've been here by a mile. Prediction is for a good september and then cold winter starting late October/November. If it is truly a cold winter then I think I'll be moving back to England for 2 months in January.

Posted

Temperatures look like pushing 40c again this weekend, thought I'd seen the back of the unbearable heat, sadly not!

Posted

Temperatures look like pushing 40c again this weekend, thought I'd seen the back of the unbearable heat, sadly not!

i bet you got AC though..i dont mind hot weather if you have AC...if not then its a nightmare. Anyway our mini hot spell has ended we hit 30c Mon and Tues...back down to 20c today.

Posted

Yep we have rain here and some fresh snow on the tops of the mountains - much cooler but looking to be sunny mostly for the upcoming week although temperatures will be much lower. I expect a week of warmer weather in september as a last hooray as it has happened every year since I;ve been here.

Last year my parents came ot visit in late september/early october and we managed 6 times on the deck and temps around 28oC. By the time they left in October around thanksgiving day time temps were approx 12oC

Posted

Yep we have rain here and some fresh snow on the tops of the mountains - much cooler but looking to be sunny mostly for the upcoming week although temperatures will be much lower. I expect a week of warmer weather in september as a last hooray as it has happened every year since I;ve been here.

Last year my parents came ot visit in late september/early october and we managed 6 times on the deck and temps around 28oC. By the time they left in October around thanksgiving day time temps were approx 12oC

we managed 34c in Edmonton in the last week of September last year...the hottest i have recorded since i have been in Canada.
  • Like 1

Posted

i bet you got AC though..i dont mind hot weather if you have AC...if not then its a nightmare. Anyway our mini hot spell has ended we hit 30c Mon and Tues...back down to 20c today.

Oh yeah of course we have AC, I wouldn't be alive without it! Although I do have a 20 minute walk between lectures every day, not pleasant in the heat.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

In Charlotte, as in Tampa, the Weather Becomes a Worry

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Mother Nature is apparently bipartisan in her wrath.

Just a week after upending the carefully planned schedule at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., with a hurricane, she appears to have set her sights on the gathering of Democrats here, where President Obama is set to accept the nomination in an open-air stadium on Thursday — with no umbrellas allowed. As delegates began arriving Monday evening, the skies began darkening, with thunderstorms bringing the possibility of flooding to the Charlotte area. Weather forecasts suggested that storms might extend through Thursday night.

“We have an advisory team in place that is constantly updating a contingency plan in the event of severe weather, which will be announced if the need arises,†said Joanne Peters, a spokeswoman for the convention. Safety is a top priority, she said. The political risk is high, just as it was for Republicans, who canceled the first day of their convention because of Hurricane Isaac. Democrats are eager to deliver their campaign message this week without the same kind of distractions.

On Monday, inaccurate rumors of a tornado warning circulated among the thousands of reporters at the Charlotte Convention Center. Convention planners, eager to believe that their long-scheduled events are less cursed than those of the Republicans were, quickly went to Twitter with a denial on behalf of the storm gods. But even without the threat of a tornado, the weather appeared to be making every effort to be fair and balanced. Those gathered for a James Taylor concert Monday night found themselves drenched. Reporters who had planned a late arrival in Charlotte found themselves delayed by the storm.

“Dear Charlotte,†Chris Cillizza, the author of The Fix blog at The Washington Post, wrote on Twitter. “Please move the thunderstorms. Fix Force One is currently grounded.†For now, the Democratic organizers appear unbowed by the prospect of a soggy conclusion to the convention. “The convention proceedings at Bank of America Stadium will take place rain or shine, similar to other events at the stadium,†Ms. Peters said, noting that only extreme weather would force any changes in the schedule.

That may be fine for the millions of people who will watch Mr. Obama’s address on television. The president recently delivered one of his stump speeches in a downpour in Richmond, Va. — showing even more energy and enthusiasm than usual.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/in-charlotte-as-in-tampa-the-weather-becomes-a-worry/

Posted

We are now entering the roller coaster that is Autumn in Canada..had a couple cool days..then will spring back up to 26/27c over the weekend before falling back to 13/14c on Monday and Tuesday..i expect this yo yo pattern to continue for the next 4-6 weeks before winter sets in at the end of October, with each warm and cool spell a degree or two lower than the previous one.

Posted

I agree and was just thinking the same - cold rain last night but cant see the mountains today so not sure how much snow is on the them. Looking forwward to the nice weather this week and hopfully a few more in September with maybe high 20's but after Thanksgiving will gradually get cooler with first real snows here usually around my birthday at end of October/begining of November.

Posted

Record low for the date last night at 51F, yesterday felt lovely with temperatures in the mid 20s Celsius.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Pretty standard for Fairbanks, average first (air) frost is around this time I believe.

Winter is coming: Fairbanks sees first hard frost

Fairbanks has officially seen its first hard frost of the season. For the first time since May 18, the temperature fell below 32 degrees Saturday at the Fairbanks International Airport, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports.

A low of 29 degrees was reported right before 8 a.m. With an average hard frost date of Sept. 7, winter appears to be right on schedule for this town in Alaska's heartland.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/winter-coming-fairbanks-sees-first-hard-frost

Posted

its cold today!!

Posted

Felt chilly walking to lectures the other day, even though it was 18/19c! Forecast to barely get into the 20s on Friday, that WILL feel a shock to the system.