Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

November barbecues in North Dakota, eh? Bisonburgers all the way from Wyoming? Yum!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

First snow of the winter in Kitslano on Pacific coast near Vancouver. Grand daughters first taste of the stuff. I think she will love it .

C

15356626_1333875690003978_3068809290950118754_n.jpg

15390881_1333875693337311_4934156240455043403_n.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Widespread, Significant Lake-Effect Snow in Forecast Late This Week

Arctic air has invaded the Lower-48 states, setting the stage for lake-effect snow showers and squalls to affect locations downwind of the Great Lakes through late Friday night.

An upper-level low-pressure system has set up in southern Canada, spinning bitterly cold west to northwest winds over the relatively warmer Great Lakes.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/lake-effect-snow-forecast-great-lakes-early-december-2016

• Like 1

Posted

Live picture looking towards Vancouver from Kitslano. Snow falling as Pacific weather system hits landfall. Arctic cold mass covers much of Western and Central Canada. -37c in Northern Alberta. Currently -1c in Vancouver and -9C in Whistler.

C

vancam.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Great picture CC-God it would be nice to see a bit of snow here but unfortunately the wait goes on here in Blighty. Vancouver is a beautiful city i have visited in the summer and it and the surrounding area would look even more stunning in the snow.Great start to the ski season for places like Whistler and Banff:)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Great picture CC-God it would be nice to see a bit of snow here but unfortunately the wait goes on here in Blighty. Vancouver is a beautiful city i have visited in the summer and it and the surrounding area would look even more stunning in the snow.Great start to the ski season for places like Whistler and Banff:)

Yes Hotspur, I love the city and BC generally. If I was 30 years younger would move there. My son lives there so try and make some visits. The snow in Whistler is awesome at the moment and even the mountains close to Van City have plenty. I love Banff as well but would be a bit cold at present there at around -20c !

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
4 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Yes Hotspur, I love the city and BC generally. If I was 30 years younger would move there. My son lives there so try and make some visits. The snow in Whistler is awesome at the moment and even the mountains close to Van City have plenty. I love Banff as well but would be a bit cold at present there at around -20c !

C

Yep,i did the Rockies tour about 15 years ago with er indoors and we looked it.Loved Banff and Whistler but fell in love with Jasper-If my numbers came up i would buy a place there and play golf in the summer and get my snowfix in the winter lol!!-Oh to dream!!

• Like 1

Posted
20 hours ago, Hotspur61 said:

Yep,i did the Rockies tour about 15 years ago with er indoors and we looked it.Loved Banff and Whistler but fell in love with Jasper-If my numbers came up i would buy a place there and play golf in the summer and get my snowfix in the winter lol!!-Oh to dream!!

Jasper is pretty unique - I live in Canmore (15 mins from Banff) part time and its amazing too. Currently -25oC - the one time I'm pleased I'm in London for a change.

IMG_3473.PNG

IMG_3474.PNG

Edited by Daryl Dixon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave