Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted

Every state on mainland US reporting below freezing temps except Florida. 

7B1827C1-A131-46F4-A590-2A344CADD0BB.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Ouch. The wind chill from that will be horrific.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If I'm right, and the US folks refer to sub-zero Fahrenheit, I would be happy if I never had to experience anything anywhere near that severe...Frostbite after only 30 minutes' exposure? No thanks!:shok::cold::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

If I'm right, and the US folks refer to sub-zero Fahrenheit, I would be happy if I never had to experience anything anywhere near that severe...Frostbite after only 30 minutes' exposure? No thanks!:shok::cold::D

Its always Fahrenheit in the states. For instance in the ski resort of Stowe in New England over the next few days the max temp is -4F and lowest is -16F then add on windchill!!!

Posted

The gfs still on course this morning for the major east coast storm to impact NE Canada (still some doubt on precise track), and a good illustration of the accompanying amplification to the east that  will affect the UK next week.

gfs_ptype_slp_necanada_18.thumb.png.80a48d83a5ead88e4c4e424a5d27597f.pnggfs_z500a_natl_18.thumb.png.5394a644bbc27866d3c64a0ee4516739.png

Edited by knocker

Posted

The 12 gfs has the storm 952mb and the Bermuda high surging north and north east to the east of the upper trough which is key to the evolution of the pattern over the UK next weekend.

gfs_ptype_slp_east3_16.thumb.png.bef009c028ab456f8d8ecfb2283f93e8.pnggfs_z500a_natl_16.thumb.png.2470280e9e88d71ce1eaba952a2418ee.png

Posted
On 31/12/2017 at 10:11, Ed Stone said:

Having lived 10 years at 4500ft ASL in the canadian rockies I can tell you first hand. No one goes out when its -35oC or colder (thats -31oF) 

On 31/12/2017 at 11:17, jonboy said:

Its always Fahrenheit in the states. For instance in the ski resort of Stowe in New England over the next few days the max temp is -4F and lowest is -16F then add on windchill!!!

-16oF is starting to get cold. Lowest I experience was air temp of -42oC (-43.6oF) The body doesnt work very well even if your not directly in the cold.Luckily it only lasted 2 days.