Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The snow is moving into Long Island now, New York should begin to see heavy snow very soon. 

Posted

It's going to be very interesting to see the coverage Tuesday morning.

I am curious, seeing as the jetstream is ramping up again, as to whether Storm Juno could make it as far as the UK? Or is it likely to lose juice as it hits the Atlantic?

it's likely to die in the Labrador Strait. .

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

It's going to be very interesting to see the coverage Tuesday morning.

I am curious, seeing as the jetstream is ramping up again, as to whether Storm Juno could make it as far as the UK? Or is it likely to lose juice as it hits the Atlantic?

The orginal path took it out over Greenland, this of course may have changed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

NYC reminds me a little of Feb 2009 in my area....got promised a bundle of snow from a monday 1pm onwards, but it started snowing on sunday night from a streamer and dumped 7" before 1pm arrived. bu then we didn't really end up getting anything from the main event itself!!

The pictures from Plymouth are mighty impressive. I know there was some disagreements in the models about how far west the storm would push. I think, so far from the evidence on this occasion, the models reluctant to push it west have been the more accurate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Can someone help with the Nr Easter that's happening in the States. When I look at the radar it only shows light yellows so how is it possible that 2/3 feet of snow can fall from this. There are no oranges or reds which normally would show heavy snow.

Of course they will be getting a lot of snow but why isn't the radar picking up on that? Thanks

Posted

It looks like the heavier snow is to the north east of New York City. The National Weather Service there has just downgraded it's snow accumulation prediction to 14-20 inches. The record is 26.9 in 2006  ( Central Park measurement ). 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

No bad at all on the cams http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsrobo1 hardly any at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

No bad at all on the cams http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsrobo1 hardly any at all.

We would all be hysterical just to have that amount - very poor by their standards! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

We would all be hysterical just to have that amount - very poor by their standards! :)

I wonder if their forecasts get slagged off as much as ours when things don't go quite to plan.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Harder to tell how much Boston have got as the camera is down

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/massachusetts/boston/?cam=boston_hd

NYC have escaped the worst

The blizzard was a bust in New York.

The worst predictions for the storm — most notably Mayor Bill de Blasio's warning that it would be "most likely one of the largest blizzards in the history of New York City" — never materialized.

Bridges, tunnels, subways, buses and streets were all closed on Tuesday morning in the country's largest city — but New Yorkers woke up to little more than an ordinary winter snowscape. Just before daybreak, the National Weather Service canceled its blizzard warning for the city and left in place a less serious winter storm warning. At 6 a.m. ET, 6.3 inches of snow was on the ground at Central Park, a far cry from the worst fears of up to 3 feet.  Bill Karins, an NBC News meteorologist, stressed that the storm could still be every bit as bad as expected for Long Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. On the island of Nantucket, a wind gust of 78 mph was reported, the strength of a minor hurricane.

But computer models had positioned the storm 25 to 50 miles farther west than it turned out to be, he said — meaning New York was mostly spared. In addition, the bands of snow were not as intense as the forecasts suggested, he said. As recently as Monday afternoon, the weather service's forecast map for snow totals called for up to 2 feet of snow for Manhattan and up to 3 feet in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. De Blasio used stark language on Sunday as he tried to steel the city for the worst: "My message for New Yorkers is prepare for something worse than we have ever seen before." Among those poking fun were the staff of The Onion, which jokingly quoted the mayor saying: "All within the five boroughs will perish, cowering in their brittle dwellings."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/blizzard-15/blizzard-bust-nyc-worst-fears-fail-materialize-n294336

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Okay so on this image I have posted it shows mostly yellow in echo with a strip of orange upstate New York. So how is it possible 1 to 3 feet of snow can fall from when are only showing this in this country when you see yellows it means very very light snow in the orange more moderate snow but not so heavy. The whole time I've been looking at the radar images it only showed yellows most of the time.

post-13809-0-21788100-1422360353_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Forecasters apologise on twitter they now estimate only 4 inches in parts of new york rather than 2 foot credit has to go to gfs who wasnt buying it. Big fail and i think the Mayor of new york wont be a happy bunny. Looking at the cams for new york theres not much at all.

Posted

@weatherchannel: Incredible #snow drifts! - #Juno RT@erikawcvb: #wcvb crew captures snow drifts in Sandwich on #capecod #Blizzard2015 http://t.co/jjJ51OXuOp

Not bad ;)

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

Forecasters apologise on twitter they now estimate only 4 inches in parts of new york rather than 2 foot credit has to go to gfs who wasnt buying it. Big fail and i think the Mayor of new york wont be a happy bunny. Looking at the cams for new york theres not much at all.

The other thing to remember is, where you see from most of the webcams, people have been working all night to keep those areas clear. May be Joe Bloggs back yard cam shows something a little deeper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Just checked that Boston cam and looks as though its down, however if you look closely you can see the snow falling.

White out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I wonder if snow lovers in New York are getting frustrated looking at the radar just like we would be. It's clear the weather service called this one completely wrong for New York, barely a couple of inches at Times Square

Posted

Just checked that Boston cam and looks as though its down, however if you look closely you can see the snow falling.

White out.

Yes its back now as you can just make out the river and bridge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I wonder if snow lovers in New York are getting frustrated looking at the radar just like we would be. It's clear the weather service called this one completely wrong for New York, barely a couple of inches at Times Square

Parts of Long Island have still got more than 2 feet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Meanwhile, Denver is seeing temperatures into the 70s today! The US climate is bonkers.

• Like 1

Posted

Meanwhile, Denver is seeing temperatures into the 70s today! The US climate is bonkers.

16c forecast tomorrow then snow is forecast for them on Saturday from Spring like temps to winter in 3 day, they certainly have an interesting climate it has to be said

• Like 1