Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
Austin Declares A State Of Disaster After Flooding Kills Five

Austin has declared a state of disaster in the wake of extreme flooding in Texas that left five people dead last week.

Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell sent a letter to Gov. Rick Perry Monday outlining the region’s “critical need†for state and federal aid to cope with the aftermath of the flooding.

Central Texas was drenched by more than a foot of rain last Thursday, with rainfall levels reaching 14 inches in some regions. In Austin alone, 1,100 homes were affected by the flooding, with 324 sustaining “major damage.†As of Monday about 125 tons of debris had been collected, and as of Sunday, more than 500 people had checked into the Red Cross shelter in Austin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Nice little flip flop in temps here...gone from high of -12c on Sunday to a high of +12c today..then looks like back to highs of -12c at the weekend.

Posted

was a tad fresh over the weekend....very snowy with almost white out conditions Saturday morning as the temp fell from -2c to -11c in the space of less than an hour..Sunday however was very sunny...but cold -13c touched briefly after lunch...and quickly dipped below -20c after sundown.

Posted

We had a nice weekend here - no snow and sunny periods. Warmish at about minus 7oC. Very different to your weather

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

first snow of winter here in N Ireland .. 2 months earlier than last winter 

• Like 1

Posted

Just had 8 inches of snow in about 4/5 hours. Extremely heavy snow...rarely see snow that heavy here. Now its cleared temps have dropped to -14oC at 2pm.

Here's a vid taken at about noon

nov snow.MOV

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 5

Posted

Just had 8 inches of snow in about 4/5 hours. Extremely heavy snow...rarely see snow that heavy here. Now its cleared temps have dropped to -14oC at 2pm.

Here's a vid taken at about noon

Posted Imagenov snow.MOV

We only got a dusting yesterday.

Posted

-30oC this morning with wind chill of -36oC. You know its cold when the locals start complaining about it.

• Like 5

Posted

-30oC this morning with wind chill of -36oC. You know its cold when the locals start complaining about it.

Only got down to -23c here and that was about 10pm last night had risen to -15c by the time i went to work at 5.30 am..now its a balmy -1c.

• Like 1

Posted

NOAA says drought likely to persist or develop in Southwest, Southeastern U.S. this winter

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2013/20131121_winteroutlook.html

Winter likely to offer little relief to drought stricken U.S. Southwest says NOAA annual Winter Outlook:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/fxus05.html

Posted

Interesting Chinook yesterday that never quite got across the whole of Calgary..as i left work the temp where i was was hovering around 0c..i drove east along Stoney Trail (Calgary ring road) as i hit the north east loop the temp suddenly dropped to -18c within a space of about 1 mile... as i swung back west again it rose back to 0c again within the space of 1 mile..as i reached home it was -1c that was at 6pm..when i put the bins out at 7pm (in my tshirt) it was brutally cold..checked the temp and it was -19c at my house..so looked on the computer at the temp profile across Southern Alberta and there was a distinct line that cut the city in two between much warmer temperatures to the west and much colder air to the east..quite something to witness.

• Like 5

Posted

^ looks like a standard weekend for these parts

Posted

Chilling down here a bit next week...brrrr

Posted Image

Posted Image

yep looks like i will have to break out my fur lined parka..only makes an appearance when the temps are -20c and below

Posted

Severe Storms to Threaten Damage and Holiday Travel in Florida, Georgia

There is the risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday into Tuesday night in parts of Florida and Georgia that could bring damage and disrupt travel.

The greatest risk for the storms is from the eastern part of the Florida Panhandle to the northern and central counties of the Florida Peninsula, as well as southeastern Georgia.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/florida-georgia-severe-weather/20323503

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Chilling down here a bit next week...brrrr

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's probably the best ensemble i've ever seen.

Posted
Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog

The busiest travel day of the year in the U.S. is at hand this Wednesday, and Winter Storm Boreas continues to slow travel over much of the Eastern U.S. with a nasty mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain, heavy rain, and high winds. Dangerous snowy and icy travel will continue to cause trouble in many of the high elevation areas from the Smoky Mountains to Maine Wednesday. The greatest snows of 6+ inches will fall in the Adirondack Mountains of New York, and strong northwest winds will bring lake effects of 2 - 4" to Rochester, NY and much of the south shore of Lake Ontario.

Posted

As the big storm hitting the eastern side of the US/Canada leaves Thursday/Friday, the western half of Canada looks set to be plunged into some real cold.

A possible snowstorm here in western Alberta Sunday looks set to dump upwards of 8 inches of snow with the introduction of cold arctic air and day time highs of -15oC, nightime temps, if clear, down to -30oC.

Winter is back after this week of warm 1-2oC temps (10oC in Calgary where the Chinook hit)

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 2

Posted

i notched 11c yesterdayPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

nice...we managed 2.5oC

Posted

Snow Cover May Help Usher in Historic Cold to Northwest

As a Thanksgiving-eve storm — which snarled air and road traffic up and down the East Coast on Wednesday — comes to a close, it’s leaving the country with the largest snowpack for this time of year since at least 2003. That snow cover is likely to play a big role in helping to usher in a wave of potentially historically cold air during the week after Thanksgiving, starting in the Pacific Northwest and eventually encompassing most of the Central U.S., particularly the Upper Plains states and Upper Midwest.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/snow-cover-may-help-usher-in-historic-cold-to-northwest-16787

Edited by knocker