Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted

Apart from October 2011 which was warm and snowless as was the winter of 2011-12 Posted Image

You have a point as we often have snowstorms in October here and Calgary and/or Edmonton get rain. I remember it was our first year in our new house and we were covered with ice after wet snow events in Oct 2011 but it was prob warmer and generally drier for the month except for those events

Posted

Amazing weather here still - looking at getting close to 20oC really any day until Sunday and then......a big cool down as an arctic high moves in and drags the winds down from the north. Early forecast goes for 5 cm's of snow here and day time highs Sunday of about 3oC and Monday of -4oC.

Not sure we will see the snow but the cold is definitely coming.

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Amazing weather here still - looking at getting close to 20oC really any day until Sunday and then......a big cool down as an arctic high moves in and drags the winds down from the north. Early forecast goes for 5 cm's of snow here and day time highs Sunday of about 3oC and Monday of -4oC.

got above 20c here yesterday..in fact got above 21c too and twas a glorious late autumn afternoon and evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I wish the UK had weather like that! Its just boring waiting from late September till December for anything that looks like winterPosted Image

Wouldn't it be great if we could have sunny days with temps around the 20c mark and snow a week later....((((((From shortsPosted Image  to sledgesPosted Image )))))Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah its def different to the UK weather, full of extremes.

Right now its warm and sunny - getting to about 14oC yet they have a warning here of snow with maybe a foot possible in places from upsloping snows. Its always hit and miss depending on the wind direction. We might get a few inches but if the winds are in an ideal position then 1 foot is quite possible.

Posted

Weather warnings here are a joke. We have no accumulation and we were the region that was forecast for more snow. I imagine there was no up sloping. Its lightly snowing with some sticking on the grass that's it.

It rained from 3am to 9am then turned to wet snow. All roads and sidewalks just wet. Non event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Weather warnings here are a joke. We have no accumulation and we were the region that was forecast for more snow. I imagine there was no up sloping. Its lightly snowing with some sticking on the grass that's it.

It rained from 3am to 9am then turned to wet snow. All roads and sidewalks just wet. Non event.

At least you saw some snow falling Posted Image

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 1

Posted

Wow you def got hit....I'm enjoying the wet raods and sidewalks here....no snow shoes needed here

EDIT: For the first time today the snow looks like its starting to mean business and its just started sticking on the sidewalks. Maybe the wind has turned and we are starting to get some upsloping

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

twas a cold day yesterday never got above -7c here all day...will warm up through the week and looks like Halloween will be close to 10c..which is a shame as i cant stand Halloween bah humbug

Posted

twas a cold day yesterday never got above -7c here all day...will warm up through the week and looks like Halloween will be close to 10c..which is a shame as i cant stand Halloween bah humbug

haha the inner Englishman in you

Posted

ha ha CM my wife and I were just saying the same last night. We are getting sushi in , locking ourselves in the bedroom with the lights off, bottle of wine and watching a movie. They can knock all they want (and they do constantly from 6-10)

Bah halloween bug!

nice day today - think its above freezing and vurtually all snow gone

Posted

ha ha CM my wife and I were just saying the same last night. We are getting sushi in , locking ourselves in the bedroom with the lights off, bottle of wine and watching a movie. They can knock all they want (and they do constantly from 6-10)

Bah halloween bug!

nice day today - think its above freezing and vurtually all snow gone

CC good thing here and in Edmonton is that if you leave your outside lights off..its a sign you dont do Halloween and nobody knocks on your door phew..when i was in Edmonton and had my kids living with me we dd the whole Halloween thing..and TBH it wasn't too bad

Posted

Not one knock on the door here for Halloween - perfect

Snow coming for tomorrow though into Sunday - I think we will get more snow than the 'storm' of last week but no warnings will be issued on this one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Snow coming for tomorrow though into Sunday - I think we will get more snow than the 'storm' of last week but no warnings will be issued on this one.

Same here, CC. But having all the lights off and sitting in total darkness helps!Posted Image 

Posted

Warnings have already been issued here upwards of 20cm of snow forecast sat and sunday

Posted

Again I'll believe it when I see it. Sunday's storm produced a whopping 3cm's lol. It might track further north and produce less snow, it might also (and often does for us) lift off the mountains and dump in Calgary whilst missing us mostly with just a few inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Snowing in Calgary right now, and the forecast looks cold. Cheeky monkey will be very happy I'm sure.

Posted

So they snow started about 9am yesterday and has finally stopped at 1pm today....26 hours of snow and about 10 inches in total. The last hour was very heavy and then stopped. Now the sun is trying to pop out. Warm though at -1oC

• Like 2

Posted

Funny I was just saying that this morning as I have the in-laws coming over then :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So they snow started about 9am yesterday and has finally stopped at 1pm today....26 hours of snow and about 10 inches in total. The last hour was very heavy and then stopped. Now the sun is trying to pop out. Warm though at -1oC

Fantastic! Any pictures for us brits to drool over :p 

Posted

Heres some pics from this morning...

post-4391-0-54200100-1383515473_thumb.jppost-4391-0-96412200-1383515475_thumb.jppost-4391-0-64011000-1383515478_thumb.jppost-4391-0-81481800-1383515481_thumb.jppost-4391-0-52250500-1383515483_thumb.jppost-4391-0-71355400-1383515486_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted

Cheers cc, nice pics! I've been keeping an eye on the webcams as I'll be over in Banff in December - can't wait!

Posted

Oh you'll def enjoy Ross. Is it your first time?

If you see the snow on the webcams they are all on major routes so generally there's much more snow that it appears

Posted

I've been before but it was a long time ago really - have been keeping an eye on the banff gondola cam.