Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted

Southern California is marching toward its fourth-driest year since 1877, and that has firefighters increasingly girded for battle.

In the hills of Los Angeles County, tests show the brush is drying out at a significantly quicker rate this year because of the lack of rain. In Ventura County, firefighters say the parched conditions feel like what they typically see in June or July. The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, which handles fire protection for about a third of the state, said it has dealt with 150 more blazes so far this year compared with 2012.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-04-17-dry-fire-20130420,0,4197542.story

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

What's it been like over there this winter a late one ? How much is -5c below normal for the time of year ?  Sun will be going south again in about 8 weeks

seen this

---------------------

FAR from normal! I have been living here on the prairies for 58 YEARS and have seen “springs†like this only very rarely! Our golf courses are NORMALLY open for play by April 15!!! THIS year we will be lucky to play by MAY 15!!! I used to cut my Mother her favourite flower, the Spring blooming Lilac for Mothers day but have NOT been able to do so now for about TEN YEARS! Global Cooling Continues……..To accelerate

---------------

Has been the longest winter since i have been here..but not the coldest or the snowiest..that goes to winter 2010-11...winter itself was on the mild side with not very much snow..trouble is it was preceded by a cold snowy Autumn and has been followed by a cold snowy spring so far... i have had very close to 7 months of continuous snow cover to date...still the prospect for warmer weather are looking better towards the end of the week at last.

Posted
April 2013 snowiest month on record in Duluth

This month is now not just the snowiest April, but the snowiest month ever on record for the city of Duluth.

According to the National Weather Service, the Duluth airport received 8.8 inches of new snow Monday and early today. That puts Duluth at 51 inches of snow for the month - making it the snowiest month in Duluth's weather record books.

The previous record was 50.1 inches, set in November 1991.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/265108/group/news/

Posted

(USA TODAY) – A rainy Tuesday added to flooding misery in the Midwest, as bloated rivers and streams continued to rise across the region.

Floodwaters rose to record levels along the Illinois River in central Illinois on Tuesday, while in Missouri, six levees north of St. Louis were overtopped by the surging Mississippi River, though mostly farmland was affected.

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2013/04/record-floods-hit-us-midwest-we-have.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Posted

May hit 20c today..who'd have thunk it!

Posted

We got to 18.5oC but very windy and partly sunny. Today its raining and cold....bloody longest spring ever

Posted

We got to 18.5oC but very windy and partly sunny. Today its raining and cold....bloody longest spring ever

had a nice weekend here..Saturday i even had my windows open as it was nice and warm..today looks pretty crappy and getting colder with possible snow this evening and overnight and then not getting much above freezing tomorrow...did look like it was going to very warm and sunny this weekend coming with temps hitting 25c by Friday and Saturday..now they are saying showers or rain and 12cPosted Image

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

We've had a few hours of heavy snow this morning with a dusting of about 2cm's and now the sun has come out and melted most of it.

I saw the forecast yesterday and started planning after work drinks on the deck Friday....now it looks cr@p. Schoolboy error....I should have known.

• Like 1

Posted

Historic snowstorm in USA http://t.co/fJyTGlSrqn

More on this.

A rare and historic May snowstorm continues to pelt Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin with snowfall amounts unprecedented in the historical record for the month of May. Winter Storm Achilles has brought 15.5" of snow to Owatonna, Minnesota, about 50 miles south of Minneapolis. This is (unofficially) the largest May snowstorm in state history, surpassing the 3-day total of a 15" snowstorm at Sandy Lake Dam/Libby. The 14.7" of snow that has fallen at Baldwin, Wisconsin is just shy of Wisconsin's May state record snowfall of 15.4". Minneapolis just missed getting heavy snow, as bands of heavy snow with thunder and snowfall rates over one inch per hour set up over Northeast Iowa and Southeast Minnesota early this morning. There are multiple reports of tree damage across Red Wing, Owatonna, and other locations in eastern Minnesota and western Wisconsin, with power outages in the thousands across the Red Wing area. I-35 is closed in both directions just north of Owatonna due to snow cover and downed power lines.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2397

Posted

Nobody is interested in snow here anymore..what is of interest is we will hit 26 -27c(81F) todayPosted Image

Posted

We got to 24oC yesterday and today the forecast is for 28oC. Sadly I'll be on the road travelling to calgary tonight so no BBQ for me.

• Like 1

Posted

Another warm/hot spring weekend here...reached 29c yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted

My kinda temps..so long as night time humidity remains low Posted Image

Storm potential surely must be increasing?

yep just about to enter storm season..which runs from mid May to mid August approx...with a peak around mid June to end of July..summer 2010 was particularly stormy and had at least one storm everyday for nearly 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

Another warm/hot spring weekend here...reached 29c yesterday.

No chance of that here even in mid summer but we did break 20 degrees yesterday for the first time this year and I think almost repeated the fete today, setting 2 new daily records in the process, yesterday hit 21.5c beating the old record by a degree or so, just about as warm as you are ever likely to see here in mid May. It comes with high winds though gusting to 50/60kmh so not exactly that pleasant trying to sit on the deck with a beer.

Looks a short lived burst of warmth turning cool over the long weekend, probably end up with flurries lol

• Like 1

Posted

Fairly disappointing weekend in Canmore compared to others.

Saturday we went to Calgary and it was 29oC and Canmore was 24oC will a coolish wind and then Sunday it rained with some storms and was only 19oC by 3pm (after starting at 21oC at 10am in the sun)

Today (Monday) has only been 15oC and rainy all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Record lows for parts of the Midwest and northeast of the UsaPosted Image   http://accuweather.com

Posted

had my first proper rainfall since August 24th last year yesterday evening...looks like a pretty shabby long weekend coming upPosted Image