Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted

i must be a day behind weather wise..it is forecast to reach 18c today here in Calgary..and as you say cooling down with snow forecast for the weekend and temps back down to 0cPosted Image

Cold today...a dusting of snow on the ground this morning. If felt tlike going from summer to Fall in one day brrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Cold today...a dusting of snow on the ground this morning. If felt tlike going from summer to Fall in one day brrrr

yep same here..we tipped 21c yesterday afternoon..went to work this morning and it was snowing heavily

Posted

crazy...looking out the office right now and snowflakes the size of loonies are falling. Too warm to settle though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

crazy...looking out the office right now and snowflakes the size of loonies are falling. Too warm to settle though

Our loonies are bigger than yours!Posted Image

Posted

Had more snow again overnight..although it is forecast to warm up today,,the cold and snow is set to return for the weekend and early next week...this is the time of year i really dislike Canadian weather..snow snow go away come again another day..preferably after mid November thanks

Posted

Had more snow again overnight..although it is forecast to warm up today,,the cold and snow is set to return for the weekend and early next week...this is the time of year i really dislike Canadian weather..snow snow go away come again another day..preferably after mid November thanks

No snow here this morning. I did notice first green grass of the season coming through after the wet snow last night. Nice usnny day here and warming up. You're right though this is the depressing time of year as realistically we wont get prolonged nice weather without risk of snow until second half of June once we get past monsoon June early :-(

Posted

Was a cold dreary weekend and got colder as the weekend went on..snowy end to yesterday and over night..still have flurries around with a temp of -11c..may get a temp rest bite mid week before it turns cold and snowy again next weekend...summer seems a long way away right now.

Posted

With a noon temperature of 70°, Washington is well on its way to the first 75° or higher temperature of the year by this afternoon, or at least by tomorrow. This will be the latest occurrence of the first 75° temperature . . . since 2001, when this temperature was reached on April 9. The latest occurrence on record at the current observation location was on April 26, 1984. The average date for the first 75° temperature since 1930 is March 16.

http://capitalclimate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/washington-has-latest-occurrence-of.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Posted

Its one of those crappy snow days today..the day when it was forecast to be dry with sunny spells...instead it is just humping it down...Posted Image

Posted

Its one of those crappy snow days today..the day when it was forecast to be dry with sunny spells...instead it is just humping it down...Posted Image

Winter is hanging on here though it's all very transient snowfall by now, few cm's overnight that melts by afternoon or flurries all day that just melts on impact. Still seeking our first double digit temperature day in March/April (we did actually hit 10 degrees on Jan 31st in a brief warm up with a burst of some rainy moist gulf air), chance it might start to warm up a little bit in the final third of April. Much different to last April though with it's regular days over 15 degrees and even a couple over 20 degrees, last year everything was green and growing by now, this year the grass is brown and trees lifeless. Last year was the warmest April on record here though, I think what we're getting now is more par for the course here, the average max for April is only around 6/7 degrees afterall.

I don't think it's been a harsh winter though really, we only really had real cold and serious snowfall from mid Jan to end of Feb. Prior and since it's been well below average for snowfall, just it is struggling to provide some warmer Spring days so far it seems stuck in a rut with cold nights and maxes around 2-6 degrees in general the past month, some minor snowfalls, some rain....not really winter and not really spring...can I call it Wing?

Edited by glosteroldboy

Posted

April has been dire so far here..we are running at some 10c below normal..another cold and snowy weekend to come..forecast high temp for Sunday of -7c and staying below freezing until mid week at the earliest..no sign of any warm spring weather on the horizon either..thoroughly depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Winter is hanging on here though it's all very transient snowfall by now, few cm's overnight that melts by afternoon or flurries all day that just melts on impact. Still seeking our first double digit temperature day in March/April (we did actually hit 10 degrees on Jan 31st in a brief warm up with a burst of some rainy moist gulf air), chance it might start to warm up a little bit in the final third of April. Much different to last April though with it's regular days over 15 degrees and even a couple over 20 degrees, last year everything was green and growing by now, this year the grass is brown and trees lifeless. Last year was the warmest April on record here though, I think what we're getting now is more par for the course here, the average max for April is only around 6/7 degrees afterall.

I don't think it's been a harsh winter though really, we only really had real cold and serious snowfall from mid Jan to end of Feb. Prior and since it's been well below average for snowfall, just it is struggling to provide some warmer Spring days so far it seems stuck in a rut with cold nights and maxes around 2-6 degrees in general the past month, some minor snowfalls, some rain....not really winter and not really spring...can I call it Wing?

Well you maybe about two thousand five hundred miles away from my house! but the same here in England well the Uk, really no life in the flora and fauna whatsoever, although we will see something of a warm up this weekend, but very strange at this time of year to see such winterlike countryside in the middle of AprilPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Posted

big winter storm about to hit most of Albetta today inc Edmonton and Calgary up to 30cm of snow forecast..oh the joys of April in Canada...doh

Posted

big winter storm about to hit most of Albetta today inc Edmonton and Calgary up to 30cm of snow forecast..oh the joys of April in Canada...doh

Its been snowing all day here but not sticking as about 4oC. I think that might be some uplsoping and not the main storm. If the main storm hits during the day it will be a lot less accumulations I feel as the ground is too warm. If it hits after dark then tomorrow could be very interesting. Also depends how quickly the temp drops as the storm comes in I guess. All the same its cr@p and I want some sign of Spring

EDIT: Just as I posted that the snow stops and sun comes out....random lol

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

nothing here yet but is a lot colder here than where you are currently -2c cloudy and windy

Posted

Just popped out in a t shirt. Its 5oC and sunny. Quite a nice day so far and no sign of the storm yet

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

i think you spoke too soon CC ..now in the midst of a full blown blizzard here.

Posted

The storm totally missed us again. I suspect, as is quite often the case, everything happened to the east.

Maybe 1cm here in the drifts lol.

How did you get on CM?

Posted

The storm totally missed us again. I suspect, as is quite often the case, everything happened to the east. Maybe 1cm here in the drifts lol. How did you get on CM?

Had a lot of snow here probaly between 10-15cm maybe a touch more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

See there's some big snow forecast for the likes of Denver this weekend, up to a foot and a half in places.

Posted

I was hoping the forecast for the weekend would have changed..but no..snow and -5c for Sunday...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I was hoping the forecast for the weekend would have changed..but no..snow and -5c for Sunday...Posted Image

What's it been like over there this winter a late one ? How much is -5c below normal for the time of year ?  Sun will be going south again in about 8 weeks

seen this

---------------------

FAR from normal! I have been living here on the prairies for 58 YEARS and have seen “springs†like this only very rarely! Our golf courses are NORMALLY open for play by April 15!!! THIS year we will be lucky to play by MAY 15!!! I used to cut my Mother her favourite flower, the Spring blooming Lilac for Mothers day but have NOT been able to do so now for about TEN YEARS! Global Cooling Continues……..To accelerate

---------------

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1

Posted

The weather is four to six weeks behind a normal pace in the prairies and northern plains states. In North Dakota where there is generally 1 to 2 feet of snow on the ground, anomalies in April so far have been in the -7 to -10 C deg range. March was equally cold.

There is little prospect of a rapid melt as temperatures stay well below normal for another week, followed by a gradual thaw but temperatures still somewhat below normal in weeks two and three of the outlook period. However, given the time of year and solar angle, that should be enough to accelerate the thaw and flooding in the eastern prairies (Red River and tributaries) could be worse than most years once it develops, but that could be almost a month away yet.

This is the same signal that hit Europe in March, retrogressing across northern Canada in April (largely gone from Europe now).

In fact, it has begun to turn relatively colder here on the west coast now and it was considerably warmer at the end of March than it has been all of this past week, with highs only 7-10 C and snow line down to 300-400m at times.

• Like 2

Posted

Torrential downpours from endless thunderstorms fed by an atmospheric river of moisture have pounded the Chicago area since noon Wednesday, forcing declaration of a flash flood emergency in the city this morning. Four to six inches of rain has fallen in the past 24 hours over most of Northern Illinois, with more than half of that total falling since midnight in many areas. Chicago’s Ohare Airport received 5.85″ as of 10 am CDT, and the 3.84″ of rain that has fallen so far today is the heaviest rain ever recorded in a calendar day in the Windy City so early in the year. Radar-estimated rainfall amounts in excess of 8″ have occurred in areas of Northwest Illinois about 150 miles east of Chicago. Chicago’s all-time 24-hour rainfall record is 9.35″, set August 13 – 14, 1987. Another 1 – 2″ of rain is likely today in the city.

http://planet3.org/2013/04/19/large-flooding-event-in-a-large-region-including-chicago/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter