Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

I swear only 4 or 5 years ago New York was hit with a bigger blizzard than they're forecast here, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Snowing heavily in NYC now and starting to lie. Wind has picked up. Rain to snow earlier than forecast so I guess it's sit back with a pint and watch the fun begin !! Will I get home to N.I. tomorrow nite? Who knows.

Posted

Snowing heavily in NYC now and starting to lie. Wind has picked up. Rain to snow earlier than forecast so I guess it's sit back with a pint and watch the fun begin !! Will I get home to N.I. tomorrow nite? Who knows.

Might never get back, run to the library and burn some books..Posted Image

Edited by glosteroldboy
  • Like 2

Posted

Might never get back, run to the library and burn some books..Posted Image

Day after tomorrow lol !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes

Just saw this webcam on twitter... http://firstwebcam.c...ines-restaurant Snowing nicely... Jealousy springs to mind..

Fantastic snow on this webcam, thanks for posting, would love to be there

• Like 1

Posted

Fantastic snow on this webcam, thanks for posting, would love to be there

Looks great. Forecast downgraded slightly for NYC - worst case 10 inches with 50mph winds. Further north and east the worse it's to be. Boston to take big hit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Glued to the live TV updates for the north east cost , really does look like something epic is starting to happen there . It is events like this that really make me love watching weather ! I know I might be a good few thousand miles away but still ....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Amazing coverage on the various live Blizzard sites from the various cable stations in MA and RI. Just starting, but already they have more snow than we have seen all winter

Posted

Jeez. Anyone just see the guy on NBC reporting from a beach near Boston?

Driving horizontal snow and the bloke could bearly stand. It was like a snow hurricane!

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Some parts of inland Rhode Island are reporting 4 inches AN HOUR, added to the fact that the wind is gusting to 70 mph over places like Nantucket and Cape Cod and it's no surprise that they're reporting white out conditions (proper white out conditions, rather than the term used far too often, and incorrectly, on this site!!!)

WPRI in Providence reporting 12,000 people in Rhode Island are without power now. Widespread thundersnow across parts of Connecticut being reported too.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

Storm has not peaked yet but 20-25 cm widely reported throughout New England, thunder-snow also widespread, winds generally NE 30 to 50 mph local gusts to 70 mph near ocean. Totals will easily surpass 25 inches the way it looks on radar and satellite. NYC is much easier off, but will have an interval of heavier snow before the back edge arrives late tonight (a secondary band of moderate snow is wrapping around from the Great Lakes low).

Low is currently about 985 mb and located 200 miles southeast of NYC or 100 miles south of Montauk Point, eastern tip of Long Island. Will be just east of Nantucket Island in six hours. More reports later, watching live coverage here on CNN and it is quite a fierce looking storm, having been in a few like this back in Ontario I have a visual frame of reference for what's on the screen, visibility looks to be 1/8 mile in blowing snow and the snow is sticking to everything it hits, reporter now saying the snow has a few ice pellets mixed in and stings the face with the wind blowing it at a 45 degree angle.

Probably about one-third of the way through the storm now, will give some snow totals during and after the main phase of the storm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

South Natick leading at 13 inches at the moment, heaviest snow seems to be west of Boston inland near Worcester, Springfield and Connecticut (possibly high ground at the Appalachians or whatever there called). Boston at 6-8 inches at the moment and predicted to get 18-24 inches at the moment with over 12 hours to come. Low center is coming close to being east of NYC

Norwood looks like a proper white out.

Got to say that response is great, plenty of ploughs going past.

Over 190,000 out of power.

Posted

5 inches per hour in the heaviest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

17 inches in Easford, Connecticut.

Posted

I'm watching it live on CNN tonight also...some impressive footage coming in.

Having experienced 5 1/2 inches in 90 minutes and also getting 27 inches in 24 hours before I know how insane that is to watch, work, live in...

Here's 2 pics taken from the tv showing a reporter out in the blizzard and totals so far in the region - 19 inches tops so far. Wouldn't be surprised to see 3 feet of snow in some places by the end with another 8 hours or so left of the storm.

post-4391-0-74421000-1360383504_thumb.jp

post-4391-0-37560300-1360383518_thumb.jp

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

I'm watching it live on CNN tonight also...some impressive footage coming in.

Having experienced 5 1/2 inches in 90 minutes and also getting 27 inches in 24 hours before I know how insane that is to watch, work, live in...

Here's 2 pics taken from the tv showing totals so far in the region and a reporter out in the blizzard.

post-4391-0-74421000-1360383504_thumb.jp

post-4391-0-37560300-1360383518_thumb.jp

Ah, i was watching a different feed.

Looks then as though upstate New York is the big winner again.

Posted

If I had to go out on a limb I'd say some places in Massachusetts will end up with the biggest totals when all is said and done...3 feet maybe?

This made me laugh...snowball fight breaks out in Boston...and it makes the news lol

post-4391-0-01454100-1360387088_thumb.jp

Edited by canadiancoops

Posted

BBC Weather

@bbcweather

0600GMT report from Boston Logan Airport (USA) shows a gust of 97mph. With snow & a temp of -8C, you wouldn't want to feel the wind chill