Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted

Good evening,

Another overcast and windy day with high of 14.1C.

Here are some pictures from the area of Whitehorse:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In less than one week, all the red colors will be away.

About forecast, sunny conditions should be back for the rest of the week, but tomorrow wind blowing from south should be up to 70 km/h

Have a good night Posted Image

Posted

Good morning everybody,

8.4C this morning, with wind blowing south and 989.4 hPa low pressure.

Temperatures are mild this morning in the territory, generally between 8 and 11C, a bit lower in the northern area, and in Old Crow, 5, and Haines Junction, 6.

Today should be a sunny and windy day.

Have a great one Posted Image !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

As roger says looking at a glorious week here...may tip 30c?? but wall to wall sunshine and temps into the mid - high 20s for at least the next 7 daysPosted Image

Posted

Stunning is all I can say - I think this has been the best 2 month summer stretch of weather in the 7 summers I have had here and we still have the next week or two to go with hot sunny weather forcast.....LOVE IT!

Posted

Not sure if there's a thread on this elsewhere, but there have been massive wildfires in drought-stricken Texas where this summer was both the hottest on record (anomalies of about +5 C) and bone dry. Now with winds from the north associated with Lee's circulation, massive out of control wildfires have developed in many parts of central and eastern TX where some areas remain forested, and also in southwest Oklahoma. Hundreds of homes have been destroyed near Austin TX and Texas has called in firefighting help from all over the western regions of the U.S. as their resources are said to be overwhelmed.

Meanwhile, not a long way east, Jackson MS experienced severe flooding from 11" of rain courtesy of Lee.

Posted

Good chance we will hit 32c (the magic 90f) today and tomorrow.

Posted

now this is a great forecast for the next week

http://www.weatherof...3_metric_e.html

It reached 28oc yesterday and due to touch 30oC tomorrow - not quite as hot as Edmonton but this is simply stunning. I havent seen a cloud in about a week

I think the last of the snow from the tops of the mountains will be melted by this time next week as there is rapid melt and hardly anything left. I dont think I have ever seen snow melt in September on the mountains - this is when the snow usaully starts to pile up

Posted

Good morning everybody,

-2.0C this morning here.

The sky is clear, but it may become cloudy in the afternoon, with some rain for this night and tomorrow.

Temperatures between -4 and +7 in the territory at 5:00.

Have a great one !

Posted

Good morining everybody,

6.2C this morning, and 3.8 mm rain since yesterday evening.

Temperatures from -1 (Dawson) to 11C (Watson Lake) in the territory at 5:00am.

Today should see rain showers, but the weekend should be sunny and mild.

Have a great one !

Posted

Its like living in the Mediterranean right now...another 29oC day yesterday however night time was 7oC so perfect for sleeping

I think its due to be close to 30oC until start of next week when it cools slightly to mid 20's

It feels strange when the leaves are turning yellow yet its 30oC outside. Also there has been virtually no wind the last few days....very calm indeed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Its like living in the Mediterranean right now...another 29oC day yesterday however night time was 7oC so perfect for sleeping

I think its due to be close to 30oC until start of next week when it cools slightly to mid 20's

It feels strange when the leaves are turning yellow yet its 30oC outside. Also there has been virtually no wind the last few days....very calm indeed

30c in Summer/Early Autumn and -30c in Winter!

I am not jealous! Posted Image

Posted

Alberta guys, the ridge will break down slowly after the weekend but more from the northeast than the west so the cooling trend may arrive in Edmonton around late Monday and Canmore late Tuesday, then the front will edge further west but I may stay in clear and warm conditions here for most of next week. This cooling trend will be fairly marked in Edmonton, I would expect highs to take a tumble from 32 C to about 12 C by mid-week. For Canmore I would say about 18 C with snow returning to the higher peaks and showers "down below."

This is a pattern that could try to reload for another warm spell later in the month (if it ever ends at all here). The only clouds I've seen in ten days are contrails.

Posted

Here we got -2.1C this morning with a blue sky.

The weekend should be sunny with highs around 14C.

Posted Image

You can notice some snow on the mountains at the top left of the webcam.

I will go for a hike in the area and post some pictures this evening.

Have a great day !

Posted

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you across North America who take the time to post on here. We have a holiday cottage in Canada which we try and visit every summer and my brother lives in Toronto so I am especially intersted in the weather in Canada. I find it fascinating how the weather varies and changes across Canada during the early Autumn, from summer like at the moment across the plains to the weather being reported in Yukon territories. Anyway, just wanted you to all know that your posts are read, especially by myself.

Edited by fine wine

Posted

Thank you fine wine !

Today, low of -3.1C.

Yesterday we did a 15 kms hike in the area to have a look at the magic fall colours.

Here are some of the pictures I took:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The other pictures can be found here: http://meteowhitehorse.ca/wxalbumFall2011.php.

For today, the weather should be sunny with highs of 13/15C.

Have a good day Posted Image !

Posted

Good morning everybody,

Low of -3.1C today, we would have been lowerbut we have now some clouds.

Temperatures\are sitting between -4 and 0 in the territory, a bit higher up north.

Highs espect to be around 17C here in Whitehorse.

Here are some pictures I took yesterday in the valley. Less amazing, but still beautiful:

Posted Image

I have other pictures there: http://meteowhitehorse.ca/wxalbumFall2011.php

Have a good day !

Posted

Alberta guys, the ridge will break down slowly after the weekend but more from the northeast than the west so the cooling trend may arrive in Edmonton around late Monday and Canmore late Tuesday, then the front will edge further west but I may stay in clear and warm conditions here for most of next week. This cooling trend will be fairly marked in Edmonton, I would expect highs to take a tumble from 32 C to about 12 C by mid-week. For Canmore I would say about 18 C with snow returning to the higher peaks and showers "down below."

This is a pattern that could try to reload for another warm spell later in the month (if it ever ends at all here). The only clouds I've seen in ten days are contrails.

That cooler weather arrived in Edmonton yesterday (sunday) we nudged 33c on Friday and 28c on Saturday but managed a paultry 11c yesterday..pleasent sunny day and 14c today.

Posted

WUUS56 KSGX 131359

SVRSGX

CAC071-131445-

/O.NEW.KSGX.SV.W.0019.110913T1359Z-110913T1445Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN DIEGO CA

659 AM PDT TUE SEP 13 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SAN DIEGO HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

WEST CENTRAL SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...VICTORVILLE...HESPERIA...

* UNTIL 745 AM PDT

* AT 654 AM PDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR

CRESTLINE...OR 9 MILES NORTH OF SAN BERNARDINO...AND MOVING NORTH

TO NORTHWEST AT 25 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR...

HESPERIA BY 715 AM PDT...

VICTORVILLE BY 725 AM PDT...

GEORGE AFB AND ADELANTO BY 735 AM PDT...

&&

LAT...LON 3456 11766 3473 11728 3427 11714 3418 11733

TIME...MOT...LOC 1359Z 161DEG 29KT 3430 11728

$$

TARDY

Posted

wow - we had some insane thunderstorms here last night from 3am to 6am. Some of the thunder was the longest lasting I had ever heard - each rumble going on for 20 seconds.

Posted

Hi there can i ask a question of somebody who may be able to read charts better than me. My daughter is travelling to Prague on Friday till Monday can anybody on here give me a better idea of what the weather is going to be like? I have looked at the GFS and think it will be ok quite warm about 20 deg but with some rain on sunday and monday can anybody give me some more detail please thanks so much.

Hi there can i ask a question of somebody who may be able to read charts better than me. My daughter is travelling to Prague on Friday till Monday can anybody on here give me a better idea of what the weather is going to be like? I have looked at the GFS and think it will be ok quite warm about 20 deg but with some rain on sunday and monday can anybody give me some more detail please thanks so much.

Prague, Nebraska or Prague, Oklahoma?

Posted

wow - we had some insane thunderstorms here last night from 3am to 6am. Some of the thunder was the longest lasting I had ever heard - each rumble going on for 20 seconds.

sounds like the storms we get here from June to end of August..sometimes the thunder seems continous as they are often accompinied by lots of lightning so the thunder just merges into one long rumbling that goes on and on and on.,..anyway here the weather has been dry and sunny a tad windy though but no rain.

Posted

I'd love to have regular storms like that - we only have maybe 1 a year here, however Calgary seems to get them all

We have similar weather to you CM - dry and sunny yesterday with temps of 21oC but fairly windy