Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

has been raining here almost constantly here for the last 8 days now..and is still throwing it down..so much for sunny Edmonton...heading for a very wet and cool June :wallbash:

Posted

has been raining here almost constantly here for the last 8 days now..and is still throwing it down..so much for sunny Edmonton...heading for a very wet and cool June :wallbash:

Same here...typical June monsoon for the mountains, every year for the last 6 years June is like this, however a 5 day heatwave coming with temps around 25oC and sunny, BUT back to rain by the weekend booooo

Posted

Same here...typical June monsoon for the mountains, every year for the last 6 years June is like this, however a 5 day heatwave coming with temps around 25oC and sunny, BUT back to rain by the weekend booooo

lucky you we have only one day on weds of sunny 25c then back to rain Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

lucky you we have only one day on weds of sunny 25c then back to rain

I have a feeling they have over played this. It was supposed to be nice today and its been raining a lot, albeit a bit warmer - currently 16oC

Posted

Not too clever in N. and S. Dakota at the moment and some very nasty storms in Louisiana as can be seen on the Shreveport radar and easily spotted on the Goes Global.

Posted

Severe weather is mainly confined to the NE United States at the moment, particularly the Great Lakes and Michigan. Associated with a low pressure system to the SW of the Lakes.

Edited by weather ship

Posted

It has been cloudy and cool here much of May and June, but the sun has been out the past two days and it is finally warm enough to open the windows and even go outside in a tee-shirt and shorts. Not that anyone but me appreciates that.

Posted

Might be quiet, but Arizona is being torched alive with the heat, with severe heat warnings, with temperatures of 100F at midnight last night, and temperatures set to reach 114F over the next few days.

Posted

Fairly quiet at the moment in the US but things might be more interesting on Saturday particularly in the Kansas and Missouri area.

what about Canada?? a few of us actually live there you know..not sure if anyone on netweather actually lives in the states?

Posted

what about Canada?? a few of us actually live there you know..not sure if anyone on netweather actually lives in the states?

My humble apologies. I assumed as you lived there you'd know more about it than me. Anyway at the moment there is some rainfall around the Prairies but most is scattered in the Ontario region.

Edited by weather ship

Posted

Well the first day of summer produced temperatures of 25oC and sunny/cloudy weather. Today its 13oC and been raining most of it...the sun is just starting to come out now. I guess 1 day of relatively nice weather is good for here so far this year

No-one lives in Canada...its just a white expanse north of the Great U S of A.....we all pretend

Posted

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/24jun_wildweather

Posted

Well the first day of summer produced temperatures of 25oC and sunny/cloudy weather. Today its 13oC and been raining most of it...the sun is just starting to come out now. I guess 1 day of relatively nice weather is good for here so far this year

We still not reached 25c weather was rainy again at the weekend as sat was cool to say the least i think we struggled up to 13/14c. Seems all the warm weather has gone into the Canadian artic..yellowknife has been in the high 20s for sometime now :wallbash:

Posted

With all the storm talk on this forum the last few days, I just wanted to say that the models for June 30th in my hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, are showing a high of 31 C, with dew points of 25 C, 5000 J/KG of CAPE, and deep shear of 40-60 kts with a cold front coming through later. Probably too high to be real, but nonetheless forecasters believe the cap will lift by early evening at the latest and the potential is there for some very severe storms. I truly love England.... but it's times like this I wish I was back in Winnipeg, for Thursday evening at least. :p

Posted

Quite remarkable yesterday that I left home at 7am and it was 12oC and hit the city at 8am and its was 21oC. I have rarely seen it that warm so early in the morning. It reached 26oC in the end but with such low humidity it felt cooler than it was

Posted

Had some nasty storms that rolled through Edmonton between 5pm - 8pm yesterday with some funnel clouds in my area..plenty of lightning thunder hail and gusty winds..temp dropped from 27c down to 12c in the space of a few minutes.

Posted

Update.

Tornado Reported in SW Minn., Damage Widespread

After a day of extreme heat, parts of Minnesota got hit by a night of severe storms. Much of the state was under either a severe thunderstorm watch or warning Friday night. The storms blew in from the west. Severe damage was reported late Friday afternoon in southwest Minnesota.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2182387.shtml

Latest lightning and radar.

Posted

Those videos are amazing. Does anyone have an idea of how often they happen in Arizona. It's definitely something I want to see in my life.

Posted

Those videos are amazing. Does anyone have an idea of how often they happen in Arizona. It's definitely something I want to see in my life.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/68952-arizona-desert-monsoon-chasing/

Lol Come this year if you want - 4 of us going next month

Or if you are going on your own - June to September is the Season and they get quite a few Haboobs in a Season! This one was one of the most spectacular for nearly 40 years though