Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Seems was too optimistic in my predictions above..cold still hanging on..will eventually creep above freezing tomorrow but still looks like it could be mid april before double figures are reached looking at the forecast for the next 2 weeks. :wallbash::wallbash:

Posted

A classic Spring storm set up forming here in the Rockies. A low pressure is moving in with some pacific moisture, along with upsloping and we have ourselves a weather warning issued tonight into Sunday for 15-25cm's of snow

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/wwcaab0020/ab

Now we havent has a single snow event when they have issued warnings this seasons so I will wait and see. Its really warm though so thinking a lot of snow, if it does fall, will melt upon contact with the ground.

I'll keep you all posted this weekend, if anyhting happens, with pics of course

Posted

The main feature of North American weather at midday is a low, 993mb, centred over Sioux Falls. The associated frontal system runs roughly east-west and then south east through Missouri.

Posted

Certainly some interesting weather over the Mid West at the moment, 28c in Denver this time yesterday and 0c with heavy snow at the moment.

Posted

We had over a foot of snow here this weekend. Now its sunny and warm - about 5oC. Beautiful

Posted

Certainly some interesting weather over the Mid West at the moment, 28c in Denver this time yesterday and 0c with heavy snow at the moment.

You are not wrong there. At 06z the low is centred over Chicago with the frontal system into the southern states. A sweeping northerly is bring cold air in behind the front as can be seen by the 0600z chart. The temp at Denver is -2 and -6 at Aspen-Pitkin airport. Of course it is at 7820 feet.

Posted

A fairly active severe weather event on Sunday with this storm, although no tornado reports, many hail and strong wind reports. Overnight it has remained very active with a few severe cells giving 50-60 mph wind gusts and a lot of lightning. I expect a few tornadoes on Monday in the Ohio valley and southwest towards Arkansas. Despite the fact it is 0400 local time, a station in southern IL (Carmi) is reporting 27 C and it is generally above 20 C in most of IN, KY and w OH ahead of the front, as well as in s IL, se MO and AR. Highs on Sunday were 28-32 C as far north as central IL and IN. This is also the anniversary of the supertornado outbreak in 1974.

Posted

Just a few pics of shovelling the back yard path yesterday

post-4391-0-44858800-1301927287_thumb.jp

post-4391-0-78182200-1301927434_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted

Another snowstorm here...18cm's in the last 12 hours and its still going.

We are close to 8ft of snow this season in the valley since October. Obviously it melts and then snows then melts etc - currently over a foot on the ground though, upto 2 feet in shady areas like my back yard

Posted

Looks like winter will make a return visit middle of the week with snow forecast for Wednesday & Thursday and temps around freezing. :wallbash: Its been a pleasent week or so with lots of sunshine and good snow melt up to now..although we still have snow cover it is becoming patchy out in the sunnier areas...the north saskatchewan river is showing signs of the ice starting to break up now too....roll on summer

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

As preedicted in the middle of a fairly major snowstorm...predicting 8-10 inches in my area by tomorrow morning..currently snowing and fairly windy too temp -3c

Posted

As preedicted in the middle of a fairly major snowstorm...predicting 8-10 inches in my area by tomorrow morning..currently snowing and fairly windy too temp -3c

same in calgary....11.5 inches fell yesterday. Came back to Canmore and nothing

Now its forecast for a weekend of snow starting friday night going through til Sunday afternoon...not huge accumulation but maybe 6 inches

Looks like winter is keeping its grip on Alberta for a bit longer....you enjoying it Cheeky? I know I've had enough now

Posted

same in calgary....11.5 inches fell yesterday. Came back to Canmore and nothing

Now its forecast for a weekend of snow starting friday night going through til Sunday afternoon...not huge accumulation but maybe 6 inches

Looks like winter is keeping its grip on Alberta for a bit longer....you enjoying it Cheeky? I know I've had enough now

Not really...if the snow is still on the ground come April 23rd that will be six months of lying snow here..been on the ground since October 23rd..anyway im going on holiday back to the UK next week for some tropical sunshine.

Posted

as a well known London comedian used to say many many years ago

'you lucky people' !!

Posted

as a well known London comedian used to say many many years ago

'you lucky people' !!

i know a lot of ppl on this forum would literraly pay good money to be where i am..i mean last summer we had a phenomal amount of storms and this winter has to be probably one of the longest and snowiest on record. I used to like snow when i was in the UK but now i couldnt careless if i never saw the stuff again...i really crave some warm sunshine.

Posted

i know a lot of ppl on this forum would literraly pay good money to be where i am..i mean last summer we had a phenomal amount of storms and this winter has to be probably one of the longest and snowiest on record. I used to like snow when i was in the UK but now i couldnt careless if i never saw the stuff again...i really crave some warm sunshine.

Yep totally agree, one of the reasons I moved here is because I knew we would get snow, just no 6 months of snow on the ground. I am going back to the UK in July, whats the bet the hot weather will all be used up lol

Posted

Yep totally agree, one of the reasons I moved here is because I knew we would get snow, just no 6 months of snow on the ground. I am going back to the UK in July, whats the bet the hot weather will all be used up lol

well i am going back next week..just hoping the good weather in the UK can hold on for another 2-3 weeks..at least when i am back in Edmonton in mid May the snow will be gone???..surely??

Posted

You in America have totally CRAZY weather!Only thing comparable with US is drought.From 1st January we had only 3,5 inches of rain.We'll have huge fires in summer.

Posted

A low pressure area currently over northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin has created conditions that call for a forecast of severe weather in the eastern third of the U.S. today and one area is even labeled "high risk." The GOES-13 Satellite captured a visible image of the system today as daytime heating was boiling up strong and severe thunderstorms.

What's unusual about the system is that there are a handful of days where a "high risk" for severe weather is noted by NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory (NSSL). Today, April 26, 2011 is one of them. The high risk area includes southern Arkansas, extreme northwest Louisiana and extreme northeastern Texas. A moderate level of risk surrounds that area and stretches from west Tennessee, including Memphis, all of eastern Arkansas, northwest Louisiana and further into northeastern Texas. A slight risk for severe thunderstorms stretches from western Massachusetts through New York, the Appalachian Mountains to the Ohio Valley, Tennessee Valley and through the southeast west toward Texas.

Credit: NOAA/NASA/GOES

Posted Image

Posted

There is certainly some nasty weather on the system moving NE. Thunderstorm at Memphis at 06z and continuous heavy rain in some places including Greenville. The convective outlook after tomorrow seems very quiet for a few days.

Posted Image

Posted

http://www.canmorealberta.com/webcams/bowvalleytrail

Link to webcam in town - we've had 1 foot of snow in the last 7 hours and its still going strong.