Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted

Truly amazing weather her ein the Prairies. After hitting over 30 temperature records, including getting over 90oF here, the weather foreast is for over 1 feet of snow here this weekend, in the eastern Rockies. If anyone follows the charts I can't see where it is coming from as I think the moisture wont be there, even if the cold is.??

Posted

The forecast shows easterly winds setting up for the weekend, which would exlpain the large totals of snow forecast as upsloping will be in effect. unstabel set up could mean anything from 5cm to 50cm's. Watch this space

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

That's an amazing turn around in the weather, wish we had such extremes over here.

Posted

It certainly is a big change - from 32oC last week to minus 1oC daytime highs this weekend.

The snow has started here on the mountains as you can see in the webam #1. Snowfall warnings starting to appear for places close to my town, possibly my area by tonight for upto 20cm. Its been so warm so think alot of it will melt, but may stick on grass, gravel etc

Posted

and we think we get changeable weather

32C to -1C and x cm of snow must be many people on here's dream scenario.

enjoy playing in the white stuff-time to put the shorts and suncream away it seem CC?

Posted

and we think we get changeable weather

32C to -1C and x cm of snow must be many people on here's dream scenario.

enjoy playing in the white stuff-time to put the shorts and suncream away it seem CC?

It certainly is a unique feeling. I will put the sunscreen away but might try and keep wearing the shorts lol

Posted

UPDATE: As of 4pm local time (11pm London time), snowfall warning updated for Canmore, my town, for upto 20cm's...watch this space

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

good luck to you CC clearing the drive in shorts!

Photo's please.

Posted

Heated driveway John...it works a treat :-)

Photo's to come, however its raining right now...not sure how it will turn out...very borderline

Posted

Well its finally turned from rian to snow - having trouble settling but as you can see on the first webcam, its slowly doing it. We have another 24 hours to go so lets see how bad it gets

http://www.canmorealberta.com/news/webcam/

Posted

heated drivey ploody heck mate-plutocrat or what!?

Lol, it was there already when I bought the place...I personally love to get out and shovel the snow so might end up doing next doors lol

Posted

Major non event here, after all the forecast we got very light snow that is melting on contact so no accumulations...it was just too marginal I guess, plus the moisture and upsloping really wasnt in force like the forecastors though...oh well next time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Major non event here, after all the forecast we got very light snow that is melting on contact so no accumulations...it was just too marginal I guess, plus the moisture and upsloping really wasnt in force like the forecastors though...oh well next time

Long before us in the UK, no doubt :D ?

Posted

Long before us in the UK, no doubt :D ?

lol- yep a taste of things to come for you guys

Posted

Probably in more ways that you meant CC, a poorish forecast from what you posted about the forecast suggesting up to 20cm and in the end it barely covered the ground-much like the UK tends to be in fact!

Posted

I agree John, I would liken forecasting upsloping snows here in Canada to the streamers etc from an east wind in the UK. Its difficult to predict the path, where its going to hit, if its going to hit etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

This is worth following.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecasts/display_special_product_versions.php?pil=AFD&sid=MSO

Potential record breaking cold, and a pretty big block building. That'll affect the jetstream somewhat...southerly tracking anyone?

BFTP

Posted

This is worth following.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecasts/display_special_product_versions.php?pil=AFD&sid=MSO

Potential record breaking cold, and a pretty big block building. That'll affect the jetstream somewhat...southerly tracking anyone?

BFTP

It certinaly looks like by the weekend a lot of central north US and most of the Prairies will be under this cold influence as the jet stream dives south, some snows for Montana but as the high comes into play dragging the cold air down from the Artic, majority will likely be cold and clear. My town has forecast daytime highs of -8oC and lows of -17oC for the weekend...certainly getting cold for Thanksgiving here in Canada

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

It certinaly looks like by the weekend a lot of central north US and most of the Prairies will be under this cold influence as the jet stream dives south, some snows for Montana but as the high comes into play dragging the cold air down from the Artic, majority will likely be cold and clear. My town has forecast daytime highs of -8oC and lows of -17oC for the weekend...certainly getting cold for Thanksgiving here in Canada

Yes a very potent cold swathe for sure. Great temps for you this time of year CC.

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

This is worth following.

http://www.wrh.noaa....pil=AFD&sid=MSO

BFTP

you could be very happy soon then blast.

europe to looks like cooling down well nothern and eastern europe.

all systems go bftp.:)

Posted

Its really cooled down here today, barely above freezing. Looks like a cold front will be moving through this afternoon (around 7-8pm UK time) which will plummet the temps further and produce maybe 5cm's of snow...something to watch out for...remember you can follow on the webcams, just click the link in my signature :-)

Posted

Wow!....talk about a winter storm, really windy, heavy snow, its crazy outside...only sticking to grass and roofs at the mo though