Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Everywhere Looks So Green

Posted

Just looked out of the window, and boy the grass is considerably greener this August than it was last month. Last month I had to go to the valleys of the lake district in order to see fresh green grass because there were so many brown patches. Now, thanks to persistent rain and showers we have lovely fresh green fields and the plants and flowers have rejuvenated themselves as well.

Just wondering if anywhere else is starting to look as green as here.

Posted

Definitely. My grass is looking lush now, when just a week or so ago I thought I would have to be re-seeding it because it all looked so dead. It's amazing how quickly it picks up.

The trees beyond my garden are also looking green and lush, although I have seen one or two trees that are just beginning to turn orange.

Another very nippy start to the day although it'll probably turn quite warm later. As far as I am concerned, Autumn is creeping in!

Posted
Definitely. My grass is looking lush now, when just a week or so ago I thought I would have to be re-seeding it because it all looked so dead. It's amazing how quickly it picks up.

The trees beyond my garden are also looking green and lush, although I have seen one or two trees that are just beginning to turn orange.

Another very nippy start to the day although it'll probably turn quite warm later. As far as I am concerned, Autumn is creeping in!

Yup, you can just feel it in the air can't you?

It's been a great summer, i don't care what anyone says. We had virtually a whole July full of above average temperatures and this month it's just gone back down to average and slightly below average at times. Except that i could've done with more bleeding thunderstorms.

Posted

Yes everywhere is looking alot greener and the lawn is finally starting to grow along with the weeds! I went up the local golf course to play around and was surprised to see just how wet it was, 2 of the greens were on temporaries as there was casual water on them we had approx 25mm from yesterdays rainfall and nearing something like 75mm for this month. Our Golf course is built on Essex clay so there are many large cracks after the summer heat and dry spell of June and July but now obviously the rain water has just collected on the surface with little drain-off.

Posted

Yes the Grass that is still alive is looking much more green today and will probably stay that way given how much rain is going to hopefully fall over the next week. The only problem is that there is still those horrid dead patches which are a yellow colour.

Posted
Yes the Grass that is still alive is looking much more green today and will probably stay that way given how much rain is going to hopefully fall over the next week. The only problem is that there is still those horrid dead patches which are a yellow colour.

Does Hyde Park still look like a desert?

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

hehe, mines been green all summer :) the organic lawnmower (rabbit) has been kept very busy :)

Posted

Yup, grass has just turned green and lush now around my way! I've been taking a few pics of my lawn incidently (sad I know!) and it was less than two weeks ago that it was scorched... amazing contrast!

WBSH

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yup and it keeps raining at the weekend so I can't cut it.

Posted
Yup and it keeps raining at the weekend so I can't cut it.

It should be mostly dry for you tommorow, with only light showers in t'morning.

Posted

I think this belongs in the gardening section!

Posted

As you can see from the pic's in my sig these were taken from the same spot, but nature clearly show's what a poor month August has been.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
As you can see from the pic's in my sig these were taken from the same spot, but nature clearly show's what a poor month August has been.

Er.....WOW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

very green everywhere here too. the short wet spell at the beginning of the month followed by occasional showers and lower temperatures has done the trick.

Posted
hehe, mines been green all summer :) the organic lawnmower (rabbit) has been kept very busy :)

witty name for a rabbit!

they are rather profuse in Caithness so no wonder u don't need to cut the grass.

Careful u don't trip over a burrow.

I noticed that the grass was starting to get a bit patchy, which is rather unusual, but its all back to normal now, just as its starting to get covered in yellow leaves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

ndeed, my palm tree is also loving these conditions, as the rain after a long period have helped it immensely and it looks very healthy.

post-3-1156936989_thumb.jpg