Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 12 & 13th August 2006

Paul Sherman

Posted

Seeing as the Low pressure is not far from East Anglia and parts of the South East all weekend, please post your storm reports here, Sunday looks better than Saturday but there are some serious radar echoes just off the coast.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Here in faversham tropical type rain very intense lots of lightening very nearby too...... loud rumbling booms must have had at least 2inches of rain by now...... our carpark under couple inches of water...... but only 14c!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Had some very heavy downpours all night and all morning, some evil looking clouds, very low, whispy, stormy looking.... The skies are just full of rain. I'd say we've had 40mm already, just hasn't stopped until now. Also had some very squally winds in the heavy rain, must be gusting 40mph+.

Parents are holidaying on the North East Norfolk coast and they say the weather is extremely rough, high winds and lashing torrential rain, non-stop. :) They were kept awake all last night by the monsoon rains :):cold:

Mammatus

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

:cold: Torrential rain here in Hastings from 1330 today after a dry bright morning,temperatures climbed to 19c,and have plumeted to 13c just now.

Typically its the towns Carnival this afternoon :)

thundery rain and 2 rumbles of thunder - as reported by NW warning page correctly.

a beautiful convective day :)

Edit:

Save doing a double post.. Cracking storm been building since the original post.. Few lightning 'strikes' though i didnt see them - dad did.. :(

very loud cracks of thunder.. and the best storm for me this summer personally :)

Edited by Mr_S

Posted

Greenford Middlesex

Now!!

1-2 miles west we have a storm, loud & clear claps of thunder 2-3 minute and lightning seen. very heavy rain not far away/imminent.

Posted

Short sharp 5 minute shower around 2.15pm then at 3.05pm another very sharp shower and a crack of thunder overhead in Eastbourne near Tesco's.

Callie :)

Posted

Wow!!! Massive storm here...loudest thunder I have heard in years! Made the house shake a few times. Torrential rain.

Had to go up in the loft to check the leaks (good job I did!!!) and was just praying that the roof didn't get struck by lightning !!!!!!

SS

Posted

Second storm just moved through Greatham, nr A3, Hampshire.

More violent than the first, very close strikes, and well, i cant explain the thunder, it's so loud its scary, vibrating ornaments off the cabinet, they keep falling off due to the thunder.

Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Lots going on around me right now. I have just been up on the north downs watching. unfortunately i didnt get antthing to show but saw some pretty good CG's and some extreamly heavy downpours. Quite a good if dispersed storm. Lots of convection going on. I am actually quite surprised I didnt expect this from today.

Posted

Had to go and look for Storms today and did not have to go far, 3 miles in fact, turned South on the A130 & Had to pull over as rain was torrential, then headed back east to Westciff cliffs, watched an intense storm at about 4-530pm just to my west but I was precip free, could hear the thunder though, got home and bone dry

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

It seems to be fairly slow moving. I am home now but still hearing rumbles etc..

Posted

A tremendous storm here in south London around 5-6pm. Storm seemed overhead and torrential rain: probably more than we have had during this entire summer so far and the heaviest downpour since May 2005. No watering the garden for a little while...

Regards

ACB

Posted

Hi, my first ever post. I live in Ash in Surrey and during June / July we had just 12mm of rain - TODAY WE HAVE HAD 75MM IN 2 HOURS.

Will try to send Picture of road outside !

post-6144-1155492329.jpg

post-6144-1155493049_thumb.jpg

Edited by milkman

Posted

Another one hitting me now.. Very dark not so much lightning as the last one,but its still growing :p

Posted

Well at last at 1800 some appreciable rain in a thunderstorm 12mm of rain in about 30 minutes, frequent fork lightning but absolutely no wind throughout the storm which I thought was quite strange.

Another storm rumbling in the vicinity now at 1920