Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Close To Exeter Devon ?

andy007

Posted

hi all

new here so plz excuse any errors. i'm located in the dip just nr lympstone marine camp, exton, nr exeter in devon and can hear consistent rumbles in the background. i think a storm is on its way.. anyone with more info please??

many thank and ps.. love the site

andy007

Posted

tks Andy and welcome

tks for the info

can I ask another favour, you give this info

nr lympstone marine camp, exton, nr exeter

may I ask for you to put it in your avatar please

thanks

John

Posted
tks Andy and welcome

tks for the info

can I ask another favour, you give this info

nr lympstone marine camp, exton, nr exeter

may I ask for you to put it in your avatar please

thanks

John

hi john.. thanks for the reply.. dont know my way around the site yet and sorry to sound thick but what is 'avatar' and how do i do it??

thanks andy

Posted
hi all

new here so plz excuse any errors. i'm located in the dip just nr lympstone marine camp, exton, nr exeter in devon and can hear consistent rumbles in the background. i think a storm is on its way.. anyone with more info please??

andy007

Hi Andy,

From the rainfall radar, it looks like you are hearing thunder from storms about 40 miles East of you. probably nothing headed your way now, maybe later. I can't hear anything in Dawlish.

Try this...

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europ...adar/index.html

The best thread for this, andy, would be in the convective discussion. If the mods want to move this, do.

Paul

Edited by Dawlish

Posted

under your name is the avatar, you had best ask others for guidance, I am well known for being a complete numby about all things technical. Don't worry about not knowing your way around, you will soon get used to it and us, well most of us.

regards

John

Posted
hi all

andy007

can't hear nothing down here, just stuck me head out the door tis quite :lol:

Posted

Hey hun

Click 'mycontrols' at the top of the page then click 'edit profile information' which is on the left hand side. There is a space to type in your location :lol:

Posted

If thunder noise can be heard (from the storm-edge near Bournemouth) from Exeter ( :lol: )

that storm must be a pretty violent one?

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
Hey hun

Click 'mycontrols' at the top of the page then click 'edit profile information' which is on the left hand side. There is a space to type in your location :lol:

tks for that Flagpole

Posted
hi john.. thanks for the reply.. dont know my way around the site yet and sorry to sound thick but what is 'avatar' and how do i do it??

thanks andy

go to "My Controls" (its up on the top right of your screen)

select "Edit Profile information" (left hand menu)

Edit "Your location" to wherever you are

Click on the "Amend my profile" button.

Posted
under your name is the avatar, you had best ask others for guidance, I am well known for being a complete numby about all things technical. Don't worry about not knowing your way around, you will soon get used to it and us, well most of us.

regards

John

hi john and dawlish for the replies..

i will scan the forums and learn as i go with loads of help i've no doubt.. one quick question plz.. i go up to woodburry common for the best views as storms come in from the sw..and film and photo etc.. got some good shots from the last one just over a couple of weeks ago,

Q.. where and how do others meet up to watch etc.. and where do i post the pics i have for others to enjoy..??

sorry to be a pain..

regards

andy007

Posted

not a pain pal

a meet up has yet to happen although a few in a similar area have I think done that

Post your piccies, again someone will guide you to that I'm sure.

I have just noticed how many posts I have done today, its far too many for me or for you lot, so ggod night, enjoy the storms those that get them, may you all stay safe.

John

Posted

i will scan the forums and learn as i go with loads of help i've no doubt.. one quick question plz.. i go up to woodburry common for the best views as storms come in from the sw..and film and photo etc.. got some good shots from the last one just over a couple of weeks ago,

Q.. where and how do others meet up to watch etc.. and where do i post the pics i have for others to enjoy..??

sorry to be a pain..

regards

andy007

Nope can't help you there Andy, sorry - and you are NOT a pain for asking!!

Paul

PS Just watch who you talk to up on woodbury common at night. I have a feeling all up there may not be meteorologists!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted

hi Everyone!! thanks to ALL of you for your replies.. this is gonna be a great site for me with fab like minded people .. thought i was on my own in Exeter!

andy 007

Posted

sorry to be a pain..

regards

andy007

just hit the tree icon when you are composing a message - insert the url to your image in there.

i use http://www.tinypic.com , if i want to quickly host an image - once you have uploaded your image, tinypic will tell you what url to cut and paste into your message.

it starts with "http://"

for example:

http://i7.tinypic.com/212hnbr.jpg

you can also embed an image into a post if you use the url that starts with [ IMG ] - this is also given by tinypic once you upload

e.g

212hnbr.jpg

another way of doing it is just to attach the image - under your compose message area you'll see a "file attachments" section. you can just attach your image there.

Posted

Hi Andy - welcome! :lol:

Going to lock this now - continue your discussions in the main storm threads:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showforum=7