Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osbourne One-Nil

The Championship 2006-07

It looks like Leeds will be playing the likes of Hartlepool/Walsall/Swindon and possibly M K Dons next season http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

I forgot to mention Doncaster in the above post http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Yup nice to see Leeds go down. Now one of the small clubs in Yorkshire.

Leeds United went into administation today therefore 10 points deducted.

Interesting they've done it before the end of this season and therefore start with a clean slate in League one.

Leeds United went into administation today therefore 10 points deducted.

Interesting they've done it before the end of this season and therefore start with a clean slate in League one.

Serve them right if they win six nil and Hull lose by five.

Now Ken Bates owns part of the club already so how does he sell it to himself??

Looking at the Beeb it sounds rather dodgy to me and I can sense another West Ham type fiddle coming on.

Serve them right if they win six nil and Hull lose by five.

Now Ken Bates owns part of the club already so how does he sell it to himself??

Looking at the Beeb it sounds rather dodgy to me and I can sense another West Ham type fiddle coming on.

He's just getting rid of a load of debt. I'd be very surprised if he hadn't done it with some negotiation with main creditors, but at least it should reduce a significant burden. Ordinarily I'd disapprove, but given some of the people who have been bleeding Leeds dry I have limited sympathy. It's also a bizarre world in which footballers do not have to take a pay cut whilst in contract, even if via their performances their team drops a division.

Profoundly depressing, and I can just hear all the cries of good riddance as well. Some would say it's all been karma for the Bowyer/Woodgate incident, cos it's about that time that things first started to go wrong, but then again I'm not superstitious.......................

Anyway, the question now is how much further can a club sink ???

Probably no further. Leeds' turnover will ensure they have the pick of the players at that level. Sooner or later someone with a lot of money will step in, particularly if the administration really has removed a lot of debt. Suddenly they start to look like a significantly undervalued brand.

Well done to sunderland thare are champions of The Championship.Was A great match.

Wow what a great match with wolves and west brom really taking it to each other at a frenetic pace in terrible conditions i hope the replay is as good with west brom leading 3-2 after todays game.

Boing Boing

Excellent win for the Baggies , now lets not do anything silly on wednesday night !!

nigel

Was a cracking match last night between Derby and Southampton, and such a pity that someone had to lose on penalties. Its very harsh to have the whole season end on spot kicks, but thats how it goes I guess.

West Brom v Wolves tonight...another intriguing tie. I think West Brom will just shade it, but its worth bearing in mind that home teams haven't done very well in this years play-offs yet!

Come on you BAGGIES

BOING BOING

West Brom 3 The Dingles 2

0 - 0 on the night

Jason Koumas , what a first half he has had , Couple of excellent balls , all we need is Phillips to be on the end of one of those decent crosses,

Kamara , He has played brilliant ,

My opinion west brom were all over Wolves , first five minutes a bit nerve racking , but TOUCH WOOD its looking good

BOING BOING

nigel

Boing boing boing boing

boing boing

boing boing

These only one Kevin Phillips

WEST BROM 1 The Dingles 0

COME ON YOU BAGGIES

NIGEL

QUA SA RA SA RA

WHERE GOING TO WEMBLEY

QUA SA RA SA RA

BOING BOING

BOING BOING

BOING BOING

NIGEL

Too many boing's in this thread! :)

Well done to West Brom for reaching the final. They deserved it over the two legs. The final is a tough match to call, could be a extra time/penalties affair! Prepare your nerves!

I reckon that West Brom will win, mainly because it tends not to be the third-placed team that ultimately goes through. Usually it's a sixth or seventh placed team, like West Brom.

Of course, Sunderland and Birmingham fans are being spared this rollercoaster ride of GFS proportions.

I got my ticket yesterday for the final ...I queued for 6 hours at pride park for it to....took a day of work and drove over there

can't wait :):):D

COME ON THE RAMS!!! I'll be supporting Derby as I'm a fan of Billy Davies (I like to see Scottish managers doing well in England) but I fear West Brom will have too much firepower with he likes of Kamara and Koumas. I won't mind if they do go up as I'm a fan of Tony Mowbray as well.

COME ON YOU BAGGIES

BOING BOING

BOING BOING

BOING BOING

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

Good luck to you Rams , but sorry im Baggies through and through

nigel

Half time

West Brom 0 Derby 0

Kevin Phillips had a great chance,

Personally i think we have just got the edge ,

All to play for in the second half

nigel

Derby 1 West Brom 0

IM GUTTED ABSOLUTELY GUTTED

Im off down the pub to drown my sorrows

HOWEVER WELL DONE TO DERBY

NIGEL

I think the whole concept of play-offs is absurd. Why should a team that comes 6th in the table have the chance to be promoted?

But even more absurd is that that if they win, they pick up a trophy?! Does the team that comes 2nd in the table pick up a trophy?

Ive always disagreed with the Play off system ever since it started , it should go back to the old ways , 3 down 3 up automatically .. simple really, and im not just saying that because im a west brom follower

nigel

I think the whole concept of play-offs is absurd. Why should a team that comes 6th in the table have the chance to be promoted?

But even more absurd is that that if they win, they pick up a trophy?! Does the team that comes 2nd in the table pick up a trophy?

agree with that Mr D, and has Storm says the simple way is to go back to the old 3 down and 3 up.

However, I'm being a naive, as the additional matches create additional revenue, especially for the TV rights!

blackpool won Im over the moon!!

However, I'm being a naive, as the additional matches create additional revenue, especially for the TV rights!

Well as John says it creates extra revenue and leaves more teams something to play for rather than the season stopping when theres five or six games to go. Fans like it as well unless you're on the recieveing end aka Shef United V Wolves.

Thing is, this year Derby finished third, so for once the third placed team went up through the play-offs. Derby have a lot of work to do if they are to have a hope of surviving next year IMO. West Brom by far the better side today, but couldn't do what really counts, and thats stick the ball in the net.