Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osbourne One-Nil

The Championship 2006-07

I watched southampton play sunderland tonight and is was a pretty decent game tbh and sunderland scored two great goals near the end sending them to the top of the championship.

Aye; until the Southampton goal I thought it was a frenetic end-to-end game where Sunderland had slightly the better of the chances, but there wasn't a great deal to choose between the two sides.

At 1-0 the game opened up but the same assessment applied.

At 1-1, however, Sunderland took command and, and from then on, it always looked likely that Sunderland would get a second goal.

Woat a great game i went to today at sunderland. It was a great match sunderland are deff going up

Ipswich beat Derby 2-1 today at Portman Road to put a huge dent in Derby's promotion hopes. Ipswich dominated pretty much throughout, and finally clinched a well deserved win thanks to an 89th minute penalty from Danny Haynes. The game was marred though by a mass upset during the first half which saw Alex Bruce of Ipswich sent off along with Stephen Bywater of Derby, who was later spoken to by police for an alleged assault on Bruce after they had both been sent off.

Derby did not conduct themselves at all well, with their manager also being sent to the stands, and picking up 6 yellow cards.

Just another quiet day of Championship football! ;)

The baggies lost to Sheffield Wednesday on Friday. This didnt suprise me one bit as sheffield are one of 3 clubs who have produced more wins than anyone this season [away from home ] they have now notched up 10 wins on their travels ]

Im still hoping we can get a play off place , [The Baggies that is] it would look good if their ws a play off final between The Dingles [Wolves] and West Brom though. A Black country Derby Final . WOW , The whole of the Black Country will be deserted ,

nigel

The baggies lost to Sheffield Wednesday on Friday. This didnt suprise me one bit as sheffield are one of 3 clubs who have produced more wins than anyone this season [away from home ] they have now notched up 10 wins on their travels ]

Im still hoping we can get a play off place , [The Baggies that is] it would look good if their ws a play off final between The Dingles [Wolves] and West Brom though. A Black country Derby Final . WOW , The whole of the Black Country will be deserted ,

nigel

we have won 12 away from home this season so far....one more away win for a club record ;)

A great midlands derby on sky next weekend as Wolves take on Birmingham.

An important game this evening Leicester v Birmingham, If Leicester win then odds really do favour Sunderland to be champions.

Oh dear, oh dear....Norwich lost meaning we're now above them on level games and have to play their injury-ravaged team on Sunday.

Oh dear, oh dear....Norwich lost meaning we're now above them on level games and have to play their injury-ravaged team on Sunday.

Poor budgies.

What a great match involving Wolves and Birmingham with the visitors winning 3-2 and going top of the league.

Meanwhile the East Anglian derby ended in a 1-1 draw at Carrow Road. Ipswich were dreadful in the first half, we were lucky just to be 1-0 down at half time. However, a Jim Magilton rollocking set the lads going in the second half, and we finally got our fully deserved equaliser. It was literally a game of two halves!

We were then kept in Carrow Road for half an hour after the match, and the frog-marched by the police to the railway station, whether we wanted to go there or not. :p;)

They've done that before...even thrown some people on the London train, whether they were going there or not.

Norfolk Pigs.

last nights result blew the final play off positions wide open , Dreadful goalkeeping to let Burnleys first goal in However im dissappointed with last nights ref ,that decision cost us the game , No way that was a sending off , in my opinion both players went for the ball , Mcshane had is eye on the ball al the time , and unfortunately from what i saw it looked as though both players challenged for the ball. Mcshane {west broms defender] and when they challenged both players heads collided with each other , unfortunately the BURNLEY player ended up worse, especially when he fell to the ground {I hope the Burnley player is alright] it looked a nasty fall.

Eventually the report i got , was that Mcshane was sent off for violent conduct , how can you call a chalenge like that violent conduct?? Like i say both players went for the ball , even Sky sports reporters said that it shouldnt have been a sending off. That changed the complex of the game altogether ,

Trouble is with West Brom we go out guns blazing from word go and 9 times out of 10 they forget the game lasts for 90mins , how many times have we lost the game in the last ten minutes , we need to pace ourselves ,

We also need to buy a couple of Defenders in the summer. Curtis Davies is out injured , Neil Clement is suspended, Darren Carter is suspended ,

I feel we have one of the best squads in the championship however since Mowbray took over , he has been swapping and changing the side ever since. He hasnt kept the same squad since is arrival. He hasnt found is best starting 11 yet . If we dont make the premiership [via the playoffs this year] then next year personally i reckon we should walk that division.

Nigel

It looks like Leeds will be playing the likes of Hartlepool/Walsall/Swindon and possibly M K Dons next season :)

How on Earth did a team that was one game away from the Champions' League final 5 years ago end up in the 3rd division of English football? Crazy.

How on Earth did a team that was one game away from the Champions' League final 5 years ago end up in the 3rd division of English football? Crazy.

Profoundly depressing, and I can just hear all the cries of good riddance as well. Some would say it's all been karma for the Bowyer/Woodgate incident, cos it's about that time that things first started to go wrong, but then again I'm not superstitious.......................

Anyway, the question now is how much further can a club sink ???

A great day for Sunderland and Birmingham fans as they have both been promoted today and it will be interesting to see who joins them through the play offs.

Dreadful for Leeds fans; they are almost certain to be relegated another division, and while they could recover from there back to the Premiership, it will probably take a lot of time.

Their main consolation could come from looking at Carlisle Utd, which hung around in the relegation zone of the bottom divisioin for ages, got relegated eventually, and then got promoted twice in successive seasons- one step down, two up! However, Leeds's situation looks worse than Carlisle's.

Equally astonishing is Sunderland's rise to promotion after looking dead certs to go down to the next division at the beginning of the season. Hats off to Niall Quinn for buying out the club, and Roy Keane for performing well in excess of the highest expectations as a manager, and also some of the new players that they brought in. As someone who supports both Newcastle and Sunderland (a rarity in the North East!), it will be particularly interesting to see those home derbies next season.

Birmingham were always favourites to go up as far as I was concerned- they have the players, they have a decent manager (who they kept faith with) and they always looked pretty solid.

Dreadful for Leeds fans; they are almost certain to be relegated another division, and while they could recover from there back to the Premiership, it will probably take a lot of time.

Their main consolation could come from looking at Carlisle Utd, which hung around in the relegation zone of the bottom divisioin for ages, got relegated eventually, and then got promoted twice in successive seasons- one step down, two up! However, Leeds's situation looks worse than Carlisle's.

Equally astonishing is Sunderland's rise to promotion after looking dead certs to go down to the next division at the beginning of the season. Hats off to Niall Quinn for buying out the club, and Roy Keane for performing well in excess of the highest expectations as a manager, and also some of the new players that they brought in. As someone who supports both Newcastle and Sunderland (a rarity in the North East!), it will be particularly interesting to see those home derbies next season.

Birmingham were always favourites to go up as far as I was concerned- they have the players, they have a decent manager (who they kept faith with) and they always looked pretty solid.

I am another of the rare breed in that I want both Sunderland and Newcastle to do well and only want the "toon" to lose when they play my first love which of course is Sunderland. As to Roy Keane,I have to admit that when he came I was not one of his fans but the way he has managed the team has been nothing less than miraculous. We do have the best chairman in all the leagues and he does deserve success-I raise my glass to you Niall!