Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osbourne One-Nil

The Championship 2006-07

I must say its unbelievable the stick that steve bruce was getting earlier in the season and again a few weeks ago their team ( Birmingham ) are doing really well and look a good bet to return to the premiership and you can't play well week in week out. At this stage of the season its all about results and they are grinding them out its the same with my team ( scunny) they are grinding results out without playing particularly well their last few games have been classed as smash and grab.

I didn't realize that Scunny are not playing that great despite good results. My team Aberdeen and my current English team Derby are both in same situation - doing well and winning most games without playing fantastic (although Derby got an unusally big win atthe weekend). Stockport, Hartlepool and St Johnstone are the teams you want to do on a Saturday football coupon at the moment.

Just a quick question - does anyone think its a bit of a shame that it looks like Leeds Utd will be playing in League 1 next season, or is everyone having a good laugh at their demise ?

Just a quick question - does anyone think its a bit of a shame that it looks like Leeds Utd will be playing in League 1 next season, or is everyone having a good laugh at their demise ?

Theres plenty of time for them to get out of trouble yet but it just seems like theres no confidence and they have forgotten how to win. It just takes 1 good win eg 3-0 and the confidence will return but i dont know who their next game is against.

It was funny especially when we beat them in November. However, we haven't won a game since then so maybe I shouldn't have laughed.

I must say after preston picked up a win tonight against southampton its looking really exciting at the top of the championship with about 5 points separating 6 teams.

Leeds are doomed. It alll stemmed from the 'jobs for boys' appointment of Dennis Wise as manager (only because he's good mates with the Chairman Ken Bates from their Chelsea days). And now club captain Kevin Nicholls, a £700,000 recruit from Luton, now wants a move back to Luton! If their captain has this attitude then I'm afraid their only heading in one direction...and it's not convection!

Leeds are doomed. It alll stemmed from the 'jobs for boys' appointment of Dennis Wise as manager (only because he's good mates with the Chairman Ken Bates from their Chelsea days). And now club captain Kevin Nicholls, a £700,000 recruit from Luton, now wants a move back to Luton! If their captain has this attitude then I'm afraid their only heading in one direction...and it's not convection!

If leeds go down they could be playing the likes of Hartlepool/Walsall/swindon/Lincoln or stockport next season a bit depressing if your a leed fan IMO

It's already got so depressing that to be honest even relegation is just another kick for an already downed man. League 1, League 2, Conference ???? it's ceased to matter really

I wonder what Brian Laws is thinking right now as he left scunny to go to sheff wednesday and after a promising start their form has been very patchy to say the least.

If sunderland win on tuesday i think they will go second on goal difference and that is some achievement since roy keane took over.

I do not think many folk will cry if Leeds go down what with Ken Bates as chairman and Wise as manager but to me as a long suffering Sunderland armchair supported the only thing is the next match and that is against Cardiff and it will not be easy especially away from home.

I do not think many folk will cry if Leeds go down what with Ken Bates as chairman and Wise as manager but to me as a long suffering Sunderland armchair supported the only thing is the next match and that is against Cardiff and it will not be easy especially away from home.

The way Sunderland are doing at the moment you don't need to think about the play offs because they will go up automatically.

Well i said Leeds would win to a lad a work who supports them, but i don't mind Preston aswell and it would be good if they went up....However if Leeds did go down they would be playing Huddersfield Town next season which would be mildly amusing to say the least :shok:

Big match for the Shrimpers (Southend) this Good Friday against Colchester (boo!) its a must win game for us to try and get out of the relegation zone! - I'll be there even if I cant get a ticket, just for the fisty cuffs. lol!

Not sure if Sunderland will go up; if they don't make the automatic promotion spot they may well lose a game in the playoffs; it often happens that the team that just struggles to make the playoffs is the one that gets promoted. Quinny seems to have made it clear that he will stand by Roy Keane even if they don't get promoted (which doesn't surprise me, indeed I'd expect an outcry if that wasn't to be the case, given how well he has done as manager so far)

I reckon that Sunderland will finish either second or third, hence the uncertainty over whether they get promoted.

Big match for the Shrimpers (Southend) this Good Friday against Colchester (boo!) its a must win game for us to try and get out of the relegation zone! - I'll be there even if I cant get a ticket, just for the fisty cuffs. lol!

Interesting to See Freddy Eastwood qualifying to play for Wales, he would be a cert to get in the team.

I must say as a big footy fan i would like to see birmingham/sunderland back in the premiership next season and west brom.

Looks like leeds are finding a bit of form at a crucial time as they are out of the relegation places now. I was surprised to see Birmingham slip up yesterday but i still think they will go up along with Sunderland who are on fire at the moment.

5-1 thrashing of Barnsley yesterday by Ipswich. I think the current bottom three do not have the quality to get out now, and Leeds will escape.

As for who goes up, too close to call, but not many teams apart from Sunderland seem to want it!

Southampton v sunderland sounds a good game on sky sports on easter monday.Roy keane has done amazing this season for the black cats.

Disappointing result for the Baggies [however i did expect this] as Stoke have been one of our bogey sides even at home in recent years. I will settle for a play off place all going well

nigel

http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif -->

QUOTE(Paul B @ 8 Apr 2007, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for who goes up, too close to call, but not many teams apart from Sunderland seem to want it!

er we want it ...our current form is pretty good .....we've just had 2 away games and taken 4 points whilst s'land now have 2 hard away games at Southampton and Colchester respectively .....if they were to get 4 points from them 2 they would be over the moon

no one seems to give us much hope of going up yet we have been in the top 2 pretty much since xmas ....we are consistent if nothing else :)

Good win for the Baggies today 2- 1 at Norwich , last minute winner .much needed win , especially with Birmingham losing again, puts us up to 4th place with 70pts Preston drop to 6th with 68pts. West Brom still 4 points behind Birmingham and they still have a game in hand!

west broms final games

west brom v sheffield wednesday live on sky friday night

Monday 23rd

Burnley v West Brom kick off 1945

|Saturday 28th

Coventry city v West Brom kick off 1500

Sunday 6th May

West Brom v Barnsley kick off 1300

Looking at the remaining fixtures im going to settle for a play off place , two tough games away from home then last game at home , i reckon 8 points from the remainding 4 games

nigel

Watch out Baggies - Burnley are back. After 19 games and no wins, its 3 wins on the trot including Brum.

Firstly we've Leeds to send down on Saturday.

How things have changed.

Look who I flew up to Manchester with last Monday, I've been accused of spiking their drinks given I was wearing my Burnley shirt at the time.

post-836-1176143783_thumb.jpg

post-836-1176143797_thumb.jpg