Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osbourne One-Nil

The Championship 2006-07

Well Leicester could be joining us in league one at this rate,they just sound like us 2 years ago.I think they may have to get rid of Rob Kelly or demote him back to assistant manager.

See Ipswich were back to the their usual best last night, Colchester showed far more passion and grit in wanting to win the game, and one point I thought I was watching Town in a play-off!

Some of the players I would permantly leave out of the team regardless of the injury status i.e. Naylor, Macken, Sito (he can't defend), Currie (although he has a good cross), Wilnis, Walton.

Embarrassing when I have to go back to work on Monday.

We weren't that bad! Second half we looked ok. I just think Colchester are far better than most people imagined they would be. Don't forget, Macken scored a goal.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW IPSWICH GOT ON TODAY????????/

Oh i do believe they got hammered think it was ,,, was it 5- 1 by WEST BROM

BOING BOING BOING

COME ON YOU BAGGIES

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2006-2007

PREMIERSHIP HERE WE COME

BOING BOING

5-1

5-1

5-1

You won't win the Championship Cardiff are far more consistent!, as I mentioned in an earlier post Ipswich simply are not a consistent team (either they go on a run of losing or winning) they either play well enough to beat mediocre teams like Sunderland or Derby and on the other hand play pathetic against teams which are no better as per Colchester and the hammering yesterday by the baggies will no doubt be followed by further loses in the next week or so. There are no doubt players in the Ipswich team whose time has run their cause.

Oh dear oh dear. Still...I remember seeing us beat them 7-0 back in the late 70s, so no gloating baggie fans

Oh dear oh dear. Still...I remember seeing us beat them 7-0 back in the late 70s, so no gloating baggie fans

I was at that game!, Laurie Cunningham, Brendon Batson and Cryril Regis - an eye opener for us country boys. Ipswich played them off the park, those were the days!

I was at that game!, Laurie Cunningham, Brendon Batson and Cryril Regis - an eye opener for us country boys. Ipswich played them off the park, those were the days!

Hi Timmy

Yes i remember those games very well [ must admit that i think those years were Ipswichs best years]

also remember the semi final when we lost to you as well , John wile head cut open ,, still played through the remainder of the game

yes , laurie cunningham, brendan batson, and big cyrille ,again i must admit those late 70`s early 80s were our best years too ..

nigel

Another excellent win for the Baggies west brom 3 The Dingles 0

BOING BOING

premiership here we come

...................................sacra member 141.......................

NIGEL

Here I am!!

I saw the game yesterday at Roots Hall and Southend had clearly not done their homework on how to play Ipswich (as per the Colchester game). The best thing that happened as per the game was that Jon Macken was substituted after the first 5 minutes or so and Billy Clarke was brought on and the Shrimpers defence didn't really know how to cope with him. The first half Ipswich edged with a Clarke header after the half hour, Southend struggled in mid-field and lacked a real cutting edge with some pedestrian like passing and all the 50/50's Ipswich were picking up. Just before half time Southend had a glorious chance to equalise after Matt Harrold had broken the Town flat back 4 only to blaze wide.

The second half started with Town in more threatening mood and Southend struggling to clear the ball from defence only to Legwinski hit a shot from outside the box through a crowd of players past the unsighted goally. Southend now went for broke and in doing so their wingbacks were out of position only to see Town strike on the break with a cross from Richards to a completely unmarked Lee who just tapped the ball into the net, by now the travelling Town supporters were in raptures (which I wasn't one, I was sitting with the Utd supporters). Now strangely just as you'd think any decent team would easily close this game out Ipswich didn't and Southend came back into the game with an opportunistic goal from wing back Francis, and as per usual the Ipswich defence was starting to creek - was it Ipswich playing to deep or psychologically thought they had the game in the bag or was it Southend playing with a more direct style?. Well 5 minutes later Southend had the ball in the onion bag again only to be disallowed for some reason which I could not see, the final 15 minutes were played out with Southend now rather disheartened after that decision and Ipswich ocassionally threatening with Clarke, Richards and Noble all causing problems down the left. The final whistle went and the Ipswich faithful (some 1800 of them) went home happy with jeers of "no noise from the biker boys" - Southend are partly sponsored by a bike company.

My post match analysis was the Southend are looking like relegation fodder, their passing not crisp enough with a lack of movement in midfield and also a team that certainly doesn't look physical and inept at closing down the opposition whilst the Town will look on this game as a confidence booster if nothing else, at times they looked like a good passing team with more of a clinical edge to them but again in the second half looked edgy in defence and panic set in for a 10/15 minute spell. Overall an assessment of Southend making Ipswich look good.

Most memorable moment: seeing the Blues Belles (Southends cheerleaders) perform at half time as well as a close up of a few before the game started wearing hot pants the size of a postage stamp that were rapidly disappearing up their grand canyons!! lol!

Timmy H reporting from a largely disappointed Roots Hall

Att: 11,400

3-1 to Colchester today, Swim Away Kev :p

Looking Very close at the top, but not at all good for leeds.

or Southend! God knows how Colchester manage to beat the bigger teams, it must be something to do with that tiny enclosed stadium. As for Ipswich they continue to show inconsistancy and will probably end up somewhere mid-table although it is a tight league.

Lee Griffin of Stoke has just sewn up the Championship goal of the month competition at The Britannia Stadium ;) . And the keeper cannot blame the fog either ;) .

Oh that's right....sneak in at the last minute and strike a killer blow. Just like your team in fact.

You're banned.

You were top at Christmas once weren't you? What happened then? The same thing that happened when we were top at Christmas two years ago I think!

Come on Southend! Only 11 minutes to go.