Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 26th November 2003

Osborne One-Nil

Posted

Just come back from Penrith, and the hills around Ullswater are covered in snow. Looks quite low too....certainly down to 1000ft and probably even lower.

Back home it's 1.1C and sleeting hard, turning increasingly wintery.

Posted

Big band of showers just hit my parish. I started off about 8 miles away with the car thermometer reading 6C, by the time I hit the shower (rain) it was 4C and at my house it was sleet and 2C. Now snowing. Mainly light and patchy, largeish wet flakes.

Posted

All I've had here is hail, hail.. and more hail.

Rather heavy at times too.

Heard that Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons have had flurries!

WB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Here in Lancaster, lots and lots of hail.

Rain fell at a temperature of 2.5-3C, which got me looking hard for any sign of sleetiness, but there didn't appear to be any. But, not only was there hail, we also had thunder and lightning at 4pm.

Posted

Hail and freezing rain here in S.Wales, been havign real problems today, had to call the AA (at 4pm) to try and unblock the locks to my car which wouldnt work with the key. Turned out the locks were frozen solid, and there was a lot of ice on the car itself. Freezing rain.

Posted

heavy sleet showers almost non-stop since lunchtime,probably turnng more to snow as we go into the night :(

Posted

It's clearly a very marginal situation. Rain here since the snow stopped around 1730h, with traces of melting snow (looking through the skylights I reckon <5% impacting drops were snow, and that well melted). Another heavy shower at 2130 though, with around 40% snow. Expect to wake in the morning and see the Three Peaks and Northern Dales snow capped.