Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms For 21st May

Stuart

Posted

Can verify that - I had a bit of a hailstorm too here - looks dark again to the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just had an incredibly heavy downpour with 3 loud bangs of thunder. No lightning but hail for a time. The sun's out now and the wind has gone down considerably.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Yet another Thunderstorm, 3rd this afternoon, first about hour and half ago, each one getting more intense, heavy hail, very squally :)

Posted

hi just had a big heavy shower of hail&rain near southampton.thought i herd thunder to can anyone conferm this? regards steve.

Posted

A storm has just clipped me from (JESUS!!!!) new storm moving in with very close local strike as I type this.

2 storms, I repeat, 2 storms have moved in on me in the last 30 minutes here in Darwen.

The first one only clipped me from my south west to my north east, this new one looks to hit me dead on.

Gonna go and wach now as the first storm produced a few nice cgs and this one looks to as well if that last strike was anything to go off.

I thought I imagined the lightning from the first storm till I heard the thunder, quite a surprise I must say!

Strike alert is beeping again now, gonna be off upstairs for a better view!

Posted

A few flashes of lightning and loud thunder up here in Thanet (East Kent) as I type! just clipping us heading north east out into the North Sea.

Posted

Had a nice show of thunder and lightning this evening.

Cell seemed to fire up over the channel before heading towards Canterbury. Nice rainbow also.

Storm headed away in a northerly direction but still currently have steady rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunder heard to the east of here between 1810 and 1820.

Heavy shower with hail 2035-2050.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

Between 6 pm and 7:30 pm - two storms.

The first - plenty of lightning to the north-west and regular thunder. Pea size hail soon turned to heavy rain with a gusty SW breeze.

The second - one flash of lightning to the south-west, followed by torrential rain and a SSW squall reaching about 30 mph for around 15 seconds.

Posted

Between the time of my last posts and now, another thunderstorm formed right on top of me which produced some truly beautiful lightning.

I'm gonna go for a quick walk to the shop now in the hopes to get a better angle on the storm as it moves away, Godspeed everyone!

Posted

Thunder and lightning plus very heavy rain here in Grimsby for the last 2 hours. Finally clearing away with just an occasional rumble.

Posted

Thunderstorm over Birmingham city centre from 1840 until about 1900hrs.

My first local storm of 2006. ;)

Edited by simon1

Posted
Thunder and lightning plus very heavy rain here in Grimsby for the last 2 hours. Finally clearing away with just an occasional rumble.

Quite torrential rain/hail and intense Lightning over the Humber as the storm moved out to sea....