Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ligtning Detectors

Posted

Just ordered a Boltek stormtracker from america, worked out at around £350 thats with Lightning 2000 software and Continental maps. :rolleyes: Bet it will take along time to get here though.

Just ordered a Boltek stormtracker from america, worked out at around £350 thats with Lightning 2000 software and Continental maps. :rolleyes: Bet it will take along time to get here though.

good move CB seems a good tracker you orderd it tday im sure you will get it within 2 weeks just in time for the summer storms :(

Posted
good move CB seems a good tracker you orderd it tday im sure you will get it within 2 weeks just in time for the summer storms :(

Yep if all goes well then you lot in the midlands will have a reliable detector to use soon :rolleyes:;)

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted

What causes strike alerts to go off falsely, mine rarely goes off, but just now, its gone off twice, saying a strike within 6 miles occurred, but its beautifully sunny. Its not my PC, the alert is about 7 metres at least away from me and its not done that before now....

Daz

ED: Oh and what's the best detector thats cheap around atm? ie. less than £100 really.

ED2: what about this? http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/skyscan_sub.html How does this compare to strike alert?

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted

Yeah it does at a first glance, and if it arrives as fast as that CD I got from them did then I'll be really happy.

Posted

:blush: -->

QUOTE(Tim B @ 15 May 2006, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it does at a first glance, and if it arrives as fast as that CD I got from them did then I'll be really happy.

have you had a look at that cd yet what there sent you :D

and the thunderbolt only take about 2 weeks to come

Posted

Thunderbolt is a wee bit too expensive for me tbh.

Posted

Definately not worth me getting thunderbolt as it would only be worth it for about 5/6 days a year, especially when i cant afford to travel (im a student/graduate you see) and £300+ out of my account would not go down well with my non-meteorological friends who already think I'm a weather freak!

Daz

Posted
Definately not worth me getting thunderbolt as it would only be worth it for about 5/6 days a year, especially when i cant afford to travel (im a student/graduate you see) and £300+ out of my account would not go down well with my non-meteorological friends who already think I'm a weather freak!

Daz

it cost me £430.00

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The Present exchange rate is very good so it should be possible to a good saving.