Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Comm Port Disconnected

Posted

Hi all not sure if i have posted in right place.I finally got my PC back and i am trying to get my AWS back online.After succesfuly downloading WD and linking it up with WD all was ok until trying to configure for the net,As for some reason it decided to come up COMM PORT disconnected.Anybody have any ideas.

Posted

daft thing to ask really, but are all the leads connected fully?

Have you tried a COM port test to make sure that it is working?

John

Posted
Hi all not sure if i have posted in right place.I finally got my PC back and i am trying to get my AWS back online.After succesfuly downloading WD and linking it up with WD all was ok until trying to configure for the net,As for some reason it decided to come up COMM PORT disconnected.Anybody have any ideas.

Stange this is mine did that this morning :o

My Console completely locked and i had to take the batteries out, loosing all readings etc.

As for weather dispplay what type of W/S do you have as it will only say connected at the time that the console sends data, which on mine is every 15 mins, also do you have 2 or one red lights under the forecast graphic? Another thing is to check which com port the W/S is plugged into, commonly be COM1 or COM2, thesde you can set up in 'control panel', setup within W/D

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted

Thanks for reply guy's Leads are fully connected and took out and re-connected leads,Not sure how to do a comm port test and i have the WMR928.I have never come across this problem before,it seems to read data as it has data recieved 7 and has got stuck on that and the alarm is a constant green as is data quality and data recived is blank just a grey colour.I have it on COMM port 1 on WD.

Edited by Anvil Crawler

Posted
Thanks for reply guy's Leads are fully connected and took out and re-connected leads,Not sure how to do a comm port test and i have the WMR928.I have never come across this problem before,it seems to read data as it has data recieved 7 and has got stuck on that and the alarm is a constant green as is data quality and data recived is blank just a grey colour.I have it on COMM port 1 on WD.

Well you can get W/D to test the comm port by going to 'View' , then find 'data logger and setup info' (or something like that) should be in the bottom of the panel just to the right, with a toolkit symbol. Click it and go to 'get data' at the top of the new screen and see what happens.

Posted

Hi CB just tried the toolkit but it say's it is for ws2010-2013/ws2500 but it tried it anyway and it comes up

get data click

Retrying

get data click

Retrying

get data click

Retrying

get data click

Posted
Hi CB just tried the toolkit but it say's it is for ws2010-2013/ws2500 but it tried it anyway and it comes up

get data click

Retrying

get data click

Retrying

get data click

Retrying

get data click

Mine said that also, when my display locked up, i think my console has gone caput :lol:

What is your update rate for the console?

EDIT: Just found it to be 38seconds.

Silly question but is the correct W/S set up in weather display.?

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted
Mine said that also, when my display locked up, i think my console has gone caput :lol:

What is your update rate for the console?

EDIT: Just found it to be 38seconds.

Silly question but is the correct W/S set up in weather display.?

Yes i am sure it is in right destination and i have just looked at Comm Port settings and

it say that they are all working,However if i click port settings it says that :Bits per second 9600

Data bits 8

Parity 0Stop bits 1

Flow control O

Where do i find about update rate.

Edited by Anvil Crawler

Posted
Yes i am sure it is in right destination and i have just looked at Comm Port settings and

it say that they are all working,However if i click port settings it says that :Bits per second 9600

Data bits 8

Parity 0Stop bits 1

Flow control O

Where do i find about update rate.

I think it is 38 seconds, its basically the point at which the console sends data to the PC, and the spec i have read says the time. Do you have any basic software that came with the W/S to see if it is responding O.k?

Posted
I think it is 38 seconds, its basically the point at which the console sends data to the PC, and the spec i have read says the time. Do you have any basic software that came with the W/S to see if it is responding O.k?

No as the only software i have is WD that i downloaded last night also i have found that if close WD and re-open the toolkit =

Loaded all time records

Connecting com port

Com port connected OK but it is not.

Posted
No as the only software i have is WD that i downloaded last night also i have found that if close WD and re-open the toolkit =

Loaded all time records

Connecting com port

Com port connected OK but it is not.

Try changing the comm port to 2, then click o.k exit the software go back in and see if it collects the data. (all the readings should update)

Posted
Hmm Com Port 2 seems worse as nothing being recieved now.

o.k put it back to comm1.

So have you only just set the weather station up or have you had it working before? - may be worth checking the Consle port and computer port, and just check that they are firmly in place. :lol:

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted
o.k put it back to comm1.

So have you only just set the weather station up or have you had it working before? - may be worth checking the Consle port and computer port, and just check that they are firmly in place. :lol:

I did put it back to com port 1 and yes it work last night for about 20mins before com port disconect came up.Maybe i have to uninstal it from pc and start again.if you look here http://members.lycos.co.uk/ozziestorm/ you can see that it was running last year before pc went down.

Posted
I did put it back to com port 1 and yes it work last night for about 20mins before com port disconect came up.Maybe i have to uninstal it from pc and start again.if you look here http://members.lycos.co.uk/ozziestorm/ you can see that it was running last year before pc went down.

In the weather display setup are any of the 'Release com port' options checked, also are there any times in the list on that page.? I think what ios happening is that somewhere the PC is realeasing the COM port and so the console after a given time period cannot send anymore data.

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted
How do i do a screen grab and show relevent pages.

hit print screen on the keyboard (or it may say PrtScn), then use something like paint to paste it and then upload it in your post. :lol:

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted

Thanks i have sorted that out but the grab size is to big.I am trying to find MS resize tool but i just want to download that and nothing else anybody have a link.

Posted
Thanks i have sorted that out but the grab size is to big.I am trying to find MS resize tool but i just want to download that and nothing else anybody have a link.

do you have office xp or office 2003 installed

Edited by ¤CloudBurst¤

Posted
do you have office xp or office 2003 installed

Thanks CB i have both i shall upload a couple of images now.

post-5458-1142772485_thumb.jpg

post-5458-1142772692_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anvil Crawler

Posted

I thought i would uninstall to try again but it will not laet me delete this file.

post-5458-1142774354.jpg

Posted
I thought i would uninstall to try again but it will not laet me delete this file.

It might be currently in use, CTL, ALT, DEL and end WeatherD.exe if its there. :lol:

Posted
It might be currently in use, CTL, ALT, DEL and end WeatherD.exe if its there. :lol:

No just had a look and it not there it tells me that if i delete from that location.LOL just found out why as i was still connected to internet and it was looking for clientraw.Right it is now all uninstalled so i shall try again.

Posted
No just had a look and it not there it tells me that if i delete from that location.LOL just found out why as i was still connected to internet and it was looking for clientraw.Right it is now all uninstalled so i shall try again.

Ok, good luck :lol: (oh just one other thing if you have 2 serial ports on the back of your PC try swapping the console cable over. :lol:

Posted

Just to add is this the one i want to download

Main Weather Display install file v10.33L

for Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP & NT

Version on 15 March 2006 - 06:16:48

http://www.weather-display.com/files.php