Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 3rd March 2006

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Some hail which has now given way to fairly heavy snow.

Posted

Wow! Just had some very heavy snow here. Started and stopped very quickly but was here for around 70 mins in total. I have to pull the car over as I couldnt put the wipers on fast enough. I kept an eye on tha radar all day though the weather forcast was miles wrong. Why dont they just look at the radar? About 2cm here though on the higher suburbs its about 4cm.

post-1042-1141413722_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1141413748_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snow started to fall here at 1910, not particularly heavy but we've got 1cm lying now.

T.M

Posted

:blush: :doh: :lol: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ABOUT TIME! FIRST SNOW THIS WINTER N SHED LOADS OF IT!

Light snow showers from around late lunch time till about 3.30pm, then the heavens opened.

Temp -3.5C with approx 56mm of snow laying, using a ruler (yes i have measured it! sad or what!)

Happy now, hope it stays for tomorrow, if not, I can wait for next winter and be happy.

Posted

Light snow falling here now, looks like the band is just clipping me now. Expecting a good hour or so of light/moderate snowfall.. :doh: Temperature now just 0.4C and dropping like a stone.. :blush: :

EDIT: Heavier now like a blizzard, small flakes.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Well that was an unexpected bonus. A couple of hours of heavy prolonged showers, drama on the M62, about 4-5 cms laying, everything all white and crisp and lovely, frost tonight so it'll still be there tomorrow for some proper sledging. All in all a thoroughly decent afternoon that's left me feeling a whole lot more positive about this cold spell than I was this morning ! It's amazing what a few hours of (admittedly on/off) heavy snow can do for your spirits !

And with a little bit of luck the 'front that no-one wants to mention' may deliver a bit more Saturday night/Sunday morning !

Posted

Awoke this morning to snow on roof tops and cars but nothing remaining on the roads or pavements. I wasn't on night watch and had missed it :D Soon melted away completely.

Then this afternoon at about 2pm we had a very light snow shower.

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted

well at last from the snowless capital of the country I can report snow and enough to settle!

Started about 1720 and lasted, mostly slight but with 1 ow 2 moderate bursts, until about 1900. 1cm I would think with most surfaces covered.

So maybe a photo in the morning and that will make two in one season, alright not quite official winter.

jh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snow now stopped, we missed the heaviest of it. 2cm lying.

Buxton has 5cm

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snowing here for around 20mins. Stopped now but i think there more to come tonight. Nice covering on all roads and pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Light snow falling here - has been for approx 45 minutes - very fine but a light covering on cars, pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Snowing again here and settling.

Oh, just looked out the window and it's stopped.

Edited by emerson

Posted

Had a flurry here this afternoon, but just spoken to my dad who has blizzard conditions in Whitchurch Shropshire (lucky sod!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavys now, around 5cm have fallen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy before, around 5cm have fallen.