Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports, February 24th 2006

Matt B

Posted

Yesterday's snow stopped at around 8Pm, leaving us with 5.5cm of wet snow, which this morning is frozen hard. Overnight snow has added 3 or 4 mm to the top, and now going sunny - second best day since Nov for us.

Don't think that we are likely to get anything further today, the air is quite dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
my first post (couldn't resist too excited)

snowing very heavy for last 30mins here in bradford

roads, paths, roofs all covered

THIS WAS NOT FORECAST AT ALL!

Yeah, drove through what can only be described as a proper blizzard over the M62, but soon cleared once I got past Bradford, so it was only a very heavy prolonged shower really, but was exciting while it lasted.

Posted

Blizzard like conditions over the Cambrian mountains in west wales on my way to work this morning, still snowing now too :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Everything is backbuilding over us now, crrently moderate ice pellets.

Posted

Becasue I couldn't get online last night this report sums up yesterday and today so far.

- Thursday saw moderate (wet) snowfall for 5 hours giving a brief covering on grass and cars which melted once the snow turned lighter. The hills of Salisbury Plain had a good covering, estimate 2cm by a friend who drove over part the Plain in the afternoon. There was then persistent sleet from about 15.00 until the late evening.

- This morning dry-dandruffy snow gave a covering on all surfaces by 09.00, melting in sunlight now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy fine snow blizzard!

Posted

Heavy snow(small flakes) in Slough now. Lovely to see but it wont stick I dont think.

Also a very heavy snow shoer leaving Reading going East along the M4 this morning(8am ish) leaving a dusting as I drove through it.

Posted
my first post (couldn't resist too excited)

snowing very heavy for last 30mins here in bradford

roads, paths, roofs all covered

THIS WAS NOT FORECAST AT ALL!

I think you'll find it was actually, certainly on all the regional forecasts last night on BBC.

Heavy snow here in Stratosland this morning. It wasn't snowing at 0550 when I was chasing an errant cat around. By 0730 it was snowing heavily, large, wet flakes. Settled to <1cm, though thawed now on all surfaces bar the grass.

Posted

Very light snow here, first of the day - had heavy rain this morning.

Not settling at the moment but at least its something :doh:

Posted

Woke up to the snow this morning which was nice. cloud has cleared now but it looks like the Malverns got a decent pasting. Looks awesome!

All melted at lower levels by 9am though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A bit too far north for overnight snow- mostly rain and sleet. Having a snow shower now though.

Posted

Woke up to about an inch of snow on the shed, half an inch on the ground (about half 10-ish). Had one snow fall since but it didn't last long :doh: