Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Eclipses In 2006

A Gower Guy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Well the UK maximum of the eclipse has passed for some but the moon is still visible on the sun for a little longer yet although its cloudy here.

Totality is around 11:55 for anyone watching the feed coming from Turkey

Edited by button-wales

Posted
could not ask for better here any cloud coming over is breaking and seeing it clearly

Same here: wonderful isn't it? :angry:

Posted
certainley is big bands of cloud keep building and thinning so you can get a clear view through the clouds

yep...have you tried projecting it onto a piece of paper? the cloud looks great scudding across the image! :angry::)

Posted

not much of the suns disc visible in Turkey now

edit: what happened to the post :angry:

Edited by button-wales

Posted

Despite only 25% of the sun covered, the temperature at the start of the partial eclipse here at 10:50 was 9.7°C and dropped to 8.6°C at 11:35 during the maximum eclipse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

well typically the weather buggered up seeing the partial eclipse here but thanks to the link I got to watch the total eclipse in Turkey. Fantastic stuff ! Made the hairs on my arms stand on end and reminded me how fantastic the experience is because I was fortunate to get to see totality over here back in 1999.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

After a glorious start to the day it clouded over just in time for the eclipse! However in the last 20 minutes it thinned enough for two brief glimpses, luckily. Interestingly, my horse has been going ballistic out there for the duration of the eclipse. Coincidence?

Edited by Soaring Hawk

Posted
After a glorious start to the day it clouded over just in time for the eclipse! However in the last 20 minutes it thinned enough for two brief glimpses, luckily. Interestingly, my horse has been going ballistic out there for the duration of the eclipse. Coincidence?

Perhaps the horse was annoyed that you didn't give him some eclipse glasses so he could watch? :angry:

Didn't get to see anything here - forgot to look but it was cloudy anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I managed to see about the maximum we was going see here as I was walking into town.

I was quite pleased with that :angry:

Kain

Posted

as sods law goes, we had cloud and showers this morning and now for the last hour its been mostly sunny <_< :whistling:

Partial Lunar Eclipse: 7th September, Will be visible from the UK from moonrise (the eclipse will at its mid to late stage)

Well lets hope the sky stays clear for the next eclipse in our skies ;)

Edited by button-wales

Posted

Here's the shot i got of it at 11:16am, while working in Worcester. I was lucky all i had was 2 mins to get the shot then it was dull again!!

post-3585-1143654251.jpg

If anyone watched 'Central News at 6' (in the Midlands) that was my picture that they showed at the end (they even said my name twice!!) I was the only one to send them anything of it!!

(Edit) Also it was on BBC Midlands Today just :whistling:

Edited by LeeKay

Posted
Here's the shot i got of it at 11:16am, while working in Worcester. I was lucky all i had was 2 mins to get the shot then it was dull again!!

post-3585-1143654251.jpg

If anyone watched 'Central News at 6' (in the Midlands) that was my picture that they showed at the end (they even said my name twice!!) I was the only one to send them anything of it!!

(Edit) Also it was on BBC Midlands Today just :D

I liked the build up of 'This picture doesnt show the eclipse as clear but..' :mellow: Well done mate, i also sent my Mini Daff pictures in so keep wacthing over next few days, ;):)

Posted

Ive just brought a Meade ETX 90 and last week ordered some sun filters (full apature glass) but guess what did not arrive in time :mellow: Otherwise i could have got it like that chap did in Coventry.

Posted

Im back from the magnificent Total Eclipse.

Location was at Kizilot near Side, and wow..so many words and feelings on what to say about what I saw happen.

It was simply amazing, put it simply im priveledged to now be a 1 in 10,000 person to have seen totality..it was simply amazing, and Im definitely going to the next one..so many things happened in the last 20 mins before 2nd Contact..the light turning ever greyer, the temp dropping, a eerier "silence" as you see the shadow literally fly over your head, and then the next second theres sunset 360' all around you, everythings dark, people are cheering, some even screaming.

My mind going crazy, so many things to see and do in those 3 minutes..people say totality doesnt last long enough, and now I know why..3 minutes seemed like 3 seconds.

when the final Diamond Ring came I wished for more, even just 5 seconds more..long is never long enough.

I was blessed with perfect clear blue skies (and have the sunburn to prove it lol), all I can say is that was the best 350 quid Ive ever spent..roll on the next one.

Pics i'll try and upload shortly, just have to sort through all the images and try and find the best ones and a place to put them up on the web.

IMO you can see 1000 pics and videos, but to be there and to feel and sense and see it, its something else.

Heres a uneditied raw image ive just uploaded from the Digicam showing 10 seconds into Totality.

Not the best pic of Totality ever seen, but its MY pic lol and thats something im extremely proud of.

Taken some 10 seconds after Totality started and Digi-cam brought out the subtle effects that could also be seen by the human eye (another pic Ive seen looks exactly like this one but is more sharper which imo isnt as realistic as I like to think my pic displays).

I only took 2 pics of totality on the Digi-cam (just incase the film pics dont turn out), I have to say Im very glad of this effort so far.

P7120028.jpg

A final word for now..Thank God there were no clouds lol.

Edited by robl1200

Posted

Great description robl1200 :D:D:doh: Glad you enjoyed the trip and I hope all your pics turn out as well as the digicam pic. As you say, it's an unbelievable experience. For anyone that hasn't already seen them there's a few pics of mine from Side in the Photography section